test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

@Developers - Dwarf Mounts

2»

Comments

• knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That mount looks perfectly scaled for a dwarf. I don't see the reason for complaint.
  • madmedic62madmedic62 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    If you think it looks "perfectly scaled" you are crazy, if that were IRL, that horse would be dead.
    4EiUC6D.png
  • steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it were real life the pony would be fine.

Dwarves aren't real!

Alternate answer 1:

If it were real life that dwarf would be dead. He looks like he's on his fourth bypass.

Alternate answer 2:

If it were real life you wouldn't be complaining about a videogame you'd be offline.

I'll be here all week, folks. Tip your waiters and try the fish.

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • madmedic62madmedic62 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    It looks stupid and the developers and graphic designers did a terrible job of scaling, end of thread. Good thing this game is free to play.
    4EiUC6D.png
  • iikkajarviiikkajarvi Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Okay, I think maybe medico is getting a little too heated about this topic. Keep it in perspective here. You look goofy on a mount. Maybe it'll get changed. Maybe it won't. Maybe it's kind of a minor gripe. I mean, I don't complain that 90% of the elves in-game (at least until the coming of the drow when Drizzit clones will clog the sewers and doorways) are wood elves when moon elves are much more common adventuring classes and quite widespread and tolerant compared to their other kin.

Besides, all ponies look ridiculous. Get a warg. Or hold out for a better mount. Or remake your dwarf so he's two feet tall and thin as a reed. Your choice. But I think your point has been made, and any further rage just seems petty. O, c wut I did thar?
    Current Server: Mindflayer
    History Class in the Realms: "Elves did it better first. Also, magic was probably involved somehow and maybe gods. Or godly magic. Now go outside so the orcs and bandits have someone to menace."
  • glaknarglaknar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2013
    How would a dwarf mount a horse? Them stubby legs will not reach the stirrups.
  • steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For the record my previous post in this thread was, entirely, for the lols.

People commented on me being funny, and I wanted to prove them wrong.

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • whyidie88whyidie88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If anyone was interested in what the dwarf looks like on the armored worg...

dmuf85nizzliq46fg.jpg
    4dww2xajzwl8w1xfg.jpg
    d2it92yis5mmh4ifg.jpg
    gentmws6mmkuf3ffg.jpg

I also hope the devs eventually fix the scaling of the mounts for dwarves - can see the reasoning behind people saying it needs to be a little bigger, if not just wider. It's a very small problem in relation to everything else they're probably tackling at the moment, but I'd greatly appreciate a fix here at some point. Thankfully, the dwarf on a worg at least doesn't look as ridiculous as on a horse.

Also, I should note I made my dwarf with skinnier legs and as short as I could make him.
  • zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have that worg for my dwarf and they are much too small.

Dwarf != Halfling :mad:
  • monom55monom55 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It would be really nice if someone from devs noticed this thread. Yes, it is an cosmetic issue, but annoying one. Some people like role-playing (hell, its D&D) and this scaling problem is ruining the overall feeling from game (as it is for me). I like dwarfs. They are the far most fluffiest race xD. Cmon they deserve to look... Not stupid.
  • ananvilhurtzananvilhurtz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    preezus wrote: »
    Darn...lol I guess I'm the only one that came in here with the understanding that I could buy a mount...that actually was a dwarf!

Yay to midgets riding midgets...lol.

Now I am dissapoint. :[

Me too. +1
    Religion - 60 GF (15.3k GS)
    The Seeker - 60 DC (11.5k GS)
    Faithless - 60 CW (10k GS)
  • gakonastickgakonastick Member Posts: 53
    edited June 2013
    The one mount I've scale well for dwarves are bears. In fact, it seems to be the ideal tandom.
  • bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Two words. ! Dire Boar !
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Me too. +1

Add another.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • deaththroedeaththroe Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have always though that a large St.Bernard would make the ideal mount for a dwarf. Great in cold weather, about the right size and what dwarf would say no to a animal that shows up with a pint of hard spirits under its chin. Sk

I demand properly scaled giant moles as the new Dwarf mounts.
    10PM CST