test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

@Developers - Dwarf Mounts

madmedic62madmedic62 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I just unlocked the ability to ride a mount, I spent the money to buy a mount, and once I hopped onto the horse, it was so incredibly discouraging that I honestly no longer want to play this race anymore.

Not only is the mount ridiculously small, shorter than some characters (at it's highest point) but it is literally a pony. My dwarf is stout, and thick... This looks so incredibly ridiculous because not only is it a tiny stupid little pony, but it doesn't even look realistic as far as being able to hold my weight. The scaling of this is just stupid...

Please, please take this seriously. I don't know if you clumped dwarves into the same mount scaling as halflings, but honestly, it sucks and it really makes me want to reroll a character simply because it is just so unrealistic and ridiculous....
4EiUC6D.png
Post edited by madmedic62 on

Comments

• iikkajarviiikkajarvi Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Dwarves wanting scaled ponies? What next? Voting rights?! Ah, for the glory days before Dwarves and Men...

Also, to be serious, I have not seen this issue but now I will take every opportunity to screenshot it and mind. For the cause, naturally.
    Current Server: Mindflayer
    History Class in the Realms: "Elves did it better first. Also, magic was probably involved somehow and maybe gods. Or godly magic. Now go outside so the orcs and bandits have someone to menace."
  • madmedic62madmedic62 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    Not only has this ruined my love for the race of Dwarf, but has completely reversed my contemplation for buying ANY of the zen purchased mounts. This is just absolutely ridiculous...
    4EiUC6D.png
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is not uncommon for dwarves to ride ponies.
    edited May 2013
    Have you considered making a slimmer, less stocky dwarf?
    History Class in the Realms: "Elves did it better first. Also, magic was probably involved somehow and maybe gods. Or godly magic. Now go outside so the orcs and bandits have someone to menace."
    edited May 2013
    For anyone who is interested in seeing the stupidity, this is my character on the mount next to a standard size mount...

d9ofuOt.jpg
    4EiUC6D.png
  • preezuspreezus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Darn...lol I guess I'm the only one that came in here with the understanding that I could buy a mount...that actually was a dwarf!

Yay to midgets riding midgets...lol.

Now I am dissapoint. :[
    edited May 2013
    I was very interested in buying the $40 worg mount, but after seeing this, I don't want some tiny, wrongly scaled mount that I will regret buying and wasting the money on. You literally just lost a $40 sale strictly because of the mount scaling.
    4EiUC6D.png
    edited May 2013
    preezus wrote: »
    Darn...lol I guess I'm the only one that came in here with the understanding that I could buy a mount...that actually was a dwarf!

Way to go, making me laugh out loud at work.

Also, to medico: while the pony looks rather small, consider the actual scale; it's slightly smaller than what appears to be a base human beside you. Shorten your legs in the character creator. That oughta help. Be all Johnny Bravo proportion'd.
    edited May 2013
    From behind, my character is at least 1 1/2 times wider than the horse, it looks so dumb, from the look of it, my character would snap the back of the pony... Now, this scaling looks great for halfings, but should NOT be used for dwarves, this is absolutely unfair to dwarf characters... I loved everything about this game until now...
    4EiUC6D.png
  • wygrathwygrath Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    preezus wrote: »

Haha I thought the same thing. I thought it was gonna be someone starting a comedic thread about riding dwarves as mounts.
  • vikinggamervikinggamer Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have always though that a large St.Bernard would make the ideal mount for a dwarf. Great in cold weather, about the right size and what dwarf would say no to a animal that shows up with a pint of hard spirits under its chin. Sk

All die, so die well.
    edited May 2013
    I have always though that a large St.Bernard would make the ideal mount for a dwarf. Great in cold weather, about the right size and what dwarf would say no to a animal that shows up with a pint of hard spirits under its chin. Sk

Ha, yes! Simply put, yes. Buuut, we get ponies that die when we try to climb onto them.
    4EiUC6D.png
    edited May 2013
    madmedic62 wrote: »
    From behind, my character is at least 1 1/2 times wider than the horse, it looks so dumb, from the look of it, my character would snap the back of the pony... Now, this scaling looks great for halfings, but should NOT be used for dwarves, this is absolutely unfair to dwarf characters... I loved everything about this game until now...

I'd be tempted to make a dwarf just to test this, but the idea of leveling him to 20 just doesn't appeal to me. Perhaps you could post a from-behind shot for the sake of thoroughness? I believe you that it is a problem; I'm just not sure that image nails your case down enough for non-dwarf players to take note.
  • preezuspreezus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My main is a Dwarf-cleric...I made him the fattest and shortest I could just to see him akwardly fit on a huge mount lol..ah well...

Not really that big of a deal I guess. Only thing I wish is that characters models would waddle more when crafted as fatties...

Penguin dwarf ftw!
    edited May 2013
    ayw84Z9.jpg
    4EiUC6D.png
    edited May 2013
    IHdrFiJ.jpg
    4EiUC6D.png
    edited May 2013
    Hrm, yeah. That does look pretty ridiculous. Given the size, why do you even need a pony? You could easily ride that Nightmare Steed nearby, Bullroarer Took.
    edited May 2013
    Like I said, the scaling is just plain wrong, I'm actually the default size for dwarves. This needs to change. Please...
    4EiUC6D.png
  • steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well... Your choices are either a pony, which your dwarf could ride upon like... oh... I dunno...

tumblr_static_the_hobbit__dwarf_cast_.jpg

These guys. They ride ponies off the bat.

Or you could get a stepladder.

p9220081.jpg

If any change were made I'd suggest they make the pony wider, not taller.

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
    edited May 2013
    The horse being smaller makes sense obviously, but not THIS small. This isn't right. If you want to compare to the other dwarves, their horses could bare their weight. This horse would DIE due to a destroyed spinal column. C'mon, you can't tell me you agree this looks ridiculous and should be changed...
    4EiUC6D.png
    edited May 2013
    Like I said: If any change it should be the width, not the height. Unless they added in -actual- pony models...

IMG_0801.JPG

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
    edited May 2013
    Oh cmon, make them like 30% bigger than they are, thats still in between standard and small ponies, that would fit dwarves perfectly...
    4EiUC6D.png
    edited May 2013
    Except for the whole needing a step ladder or squire to get on the animal.

-Rachel-
    edited May 2013
    That part is whatever lol, I just really think this looks so incredibly unrealistic. And I'm afraid to buy the worg I want to spend zen on, I don't want it to look like a puppy being squished by a fat dwarf...
    4EiUC6D.png
    edited May 2013
    Because the animal is SO far forward (all shoulders, no ***) it's going to look like you're crushing it whether you're human or not.

zenmarket02.jpg

-Rachel-
    edited May 2013
    Do you happen to have an image of a dwarf on the worg?
    4EiUC6D.png
    edited May 2013
    anyone able to supply a picture of a dwarf on a worg?
    4EiUC6D.png
  • inconsiderateinconsiderate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited May 2013
    steampunky wrote: »
    Except for the whole needing a step ladder or squire to get on the animal.

-Rachel-

I applaud every post you've made in this thread. 9/10 would read again.
  • ocramoentreriocramoentreri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Lol this thread is funny as ****
  • dwarfanaticdwarfanatic Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    madmedic62 wrote: »
    ow, this scaling looks great for halfings

Indeed, please don't change the scaling for halflings. The mount I got from PC Gamer is the perfect size for my character.