test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rename Token?!??!

dauntlessdeitydauntlessdeity Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Purchased a rename token. They gladly took my zen (400), but now i cant rename my character in any way. Any ideas on a fix.
Post edited by dauntlessdeity on

Comments

• Options
    mike1878canadamike1878canada Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glad i'm not the only one...oh, 'cept I did it twice...still no rename. And I purchased an appearance change, and did not receive that either. hopefully I just did it wrong and i'm not out the money
  • Options
    czarkazmczarkazm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea I was dumb enough to do it twice myself, since the first one didn't work. They shouldn't sell them if they arn't going to work. :(
  • Options
    senix187senix187 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    400 zen no rename token i opend a ticket wil see wat happens.
  • Options
    xvxreaperxvx881xvxreaperxvx881 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hell i did it 3 time... (1 after a patch to test..)

Awaiting ticket. Douting refund
    http://www.youtube.com/user/XxShadowCastsxX
    The Shadow Cast Channel - Neverwinter Gameplay
  • Options
    blackrainblackrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same thing just happened to me. Baught a Rename Token on the character sheet in-game and was unable to change my name.
  • Options
    c0mixfanc0mixfan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    Purchased a rename token. They gladly took my zen (400), but now i cant rename my character in any way. Any ideas on a fix.

Same thing happened to me as well. Have submitted a ticket.
    Please play, rate, & review my very first Foundry Quest!

The X Factor Campaign NWS-DCO7OKB6F

Quest #1: The Morning After NW-D13LX4M93

Quest #2 Coming Soon!

Just for fun - Night of the Werebeast! NW-DT5EIZKZZ
  • Options
    yriel25yriel25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Purchased rename token and can't find it anywhere. Submitted a ticket since yesterday night but no reply.
  • Options
    donkenojidonkenoji Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ddi you guys try "Edit Profile" in the Character page?
  • Options
    screwdeathscrewdeath Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just bought a token too and can't rename my character >.>
  • Options
    xgrizzlygrinxxgrizzlygrinx Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    donkenoji wrote: »

it makes you buy another one and thats not okay because they already took my 400
  • Options
    czarkazmczarkazm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yes, and it does not work, that's how I wound up buying two tokens and still getting no rename.
  • Options
    dauntlessdeitydauntlessdeity Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013

yes, it does the same thing as purchasing from the zen store. When you click it, it explains to change it in the character select page.
  • Options
    xgrizzlygrinxxgrizzlygrinx Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    there goes 8 bucks down the drain anyone get replies to they're ticket?
  • Options
    blackrainblackrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No response for me yet. Also, is anyone able to access the support page on this website? I havn't been able to for the last 20 minutes. Be nice to get an update or acknowledgment of the problem at least.. save everyone else some money perhaps. >.>
  • Options
    turftoeturftoe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem. Was dumb enough to try it again. Please post how to get it resolved.
  • Options
    xxxhatexxxxxxhatexxx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys, go to the character selection screen and use the button rename. If you purchased a rename token then you character will be renamed.

Nothing broken just ****ty description in the Zen Shop.

Cheers
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xxxhatexxx wrote: »
    Guys, go to the character selection screen and use the button rename. If you purchased a rename token then you character will be renamed.

Nothing broken just ****ty description in the Zen Shop.

Cheers
    No, it is broke sir. After you purchase, thats what we are saying.. it is still grayed out on the character select screen. its perfectly descripted when you buy it. It just does not work.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Actually, xxxhatexxx is mistaken. The Rename Token was broken, and it was patched last night after the unexpected downtime. A very fast fix indeed. Thanks devs!

NW.1.20130416a.15

Under UI...

"The Rename Character button is now correctly clickable when a player has a Rename Token on the account."
  • Options
    maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited May 2013
    Rest my case, I found it /DOH
  • Options
    herourdeath20herourdeath20 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    found it too
  • Options
    m1nn13m1nn13 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013

I purchased the rename token from inside the game (on the character's history page). Then, when I logged back out and logged in again, I had a "rename character" option on the select character screen. There was no visible token in the inventory, etc, but it did work.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    m1nn13 wrote: »
    I purchased the rename token from inside the game (on the character's history page). Then, when I logged back out and logged in again, I had a "rename character" option on the select character screen. There was no visible token in the inventory, etc, but it did work.
    Thanks but closing this thread for necromancy.
This discussion has been closed.