Options

Neverwinter Gateway phone app?

2»

Comments

• Options
    klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    New improvements in latest patch notes including:

•Gateway's usability on mobile / touch devices has been significantly improved.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    vynndrasan wrote: »
    the gateway does not work for me at all on any platform i can login and see my character but nothing happens when i click on it

works intermittently on galaxy note 2
  • Options
    eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    is it just me or does the Gateway page look messed up a lot?

I'm using it on Google chrome on a PC not a phone or tablet if that matters?
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • Options
    hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    gateway seem to be not working with google on my galaxy S plus
  • Options
    skinstonskinston Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So far when I puull up gateway on my phone it looks likena mobile page. I wish clicking on items showed the stats and info, aside from that my only gripe is the professions page (only reason to use it) the select asset button very ofte. Will auto click clear selection instantly ans so I click over and over trying to catch the character to send to complete the task. I will state the available profession tasks are much better then day 1. Also would be nice to send messages from a list of current friends. This is a work in progress and still in beta. I'm hopeful for greatness. Mind the typos this was sent from my android.
  • Options
    skugganskuggan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Havent seen this page yet, I guess it's down at the moment, cant wait to see what it is about though. :)
  • Options
    chaoticracerchaoticracer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    skuggan wrote: »
    Havent seen this page yet, I guess it's down at the moment, cant wait to see what it is about though. :)

It's a neat idea, with some bugs. It's been down since the start of open beta.
    "Wars do not determine who is right, only who is left."
  • Options
    artanzartanz Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is not working on iOS iPhone 4 I get an error every time though the very first time I was able to log on and use it
  • Options
    coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nelsonxur wrote: »
    Hey guys, I am super excited to be trying out the gateway features this weekend. The features, and site seem like it would be something that would go great in a phone or tablet app. Does anyone know if this is planned? Or if they plan to release the gateway API so we can make our own?
    Err, just log onto Gateway from your Android gadget. It works fine on my tablet that way, so why on earth would you need an app? It's just a web page.
  • Options
    artanzartanz Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It needs an app because it does not work well with iPhone browser at all asks me to verify I do then it fails and won't work
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    artanz wrote: »
    It needs an app because it does not work well with iPhone browser at all asks me to verify I do then it fails and won't work

this +10

f'in blows on my Iphone.

"input verification code"

- open new window to get the code, go back to gateway

- login failed, probably becuase the one-time code was incorrect

- smashes iphone
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this +10

f'in blows on my Iphone.

"input verification code"

- open new window to get the code, go back to gateway

- login failed, probably becuase the one-time code was incorrect

- smashes iphone

I had this issue on the PC. I just refreshed the page, logged in again, put in the same code that was emailed me, and I was in. It works nicely on my Galaxy S3.

As for an app, this has been brought up on the STO forums too. They said that any local apps would be a ways off (if ever) due to resources required to write the apps for the up-teen different platforms out there.
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Works fine on my blackberry tablet browser and on my pc using chrome.
  • Options
    jimbobslimbobjimbobslimbob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Although it works perfectly fine on my phone using Dolphin, this is a good idea. +1 from me!
  • Options
    coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thank god I never bought an IPhone... style over content. It runs great on my cheap 40 quid Android tablet bought direct from China. :D
  • Options
    itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have having to constantly re-input the darn "one-time code". They should change the name because I have done the "one-time code" about 4 or 5 times a day. Multiple times from my Windows phone, multiple times from computer IE browser... man that gets irritating.
  • Options
    zzayyzzayy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Possible solution for some. I was simply Googling: "Neverwinter Gateway" and it would always direct me to : https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/index_locked.html, <--- which just brings you to a page that says that the gateway is under maintenance. If this is what you've been doing... it's wrong and will never work. So simply type in the URL everyone is providing: https://gateway.playneverwinter.com straight into your address bar. Hopefully this helps a few people who were being lazy like me.
  • Options
    solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Works well for me on my Windows phone except constant disconnects. My password is so complex I get tired of thumbing it in over and over (I also get a lot of disconnects on my work computer)
  • Options
    savagefistsavagefist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    artanz wrote: »

I tried it on Opera on my TF300 tablet and the page rendered horribly. Switched to Firefox and it worked fine. It is not perfect as just a web page, for now at least. An app with some extra functionality would be nice.
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
    GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+
    AMD FX-6300 6-Core Processor
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600
    Intel 335 Series Jay Crest 240GB
    3 x TOSHIBA PH3300U-1I72 3TB
    XFX Core Edition FX-785A-CNL4 Radeon HD 7850 2GB
  • Options
    kaptainokaptaino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every time I try to log in the gateway from my Galaxy S3 it tells me the username or password is invalid. I can log in with the same password on my computer and I can log in to the forums and the main perfect world site using my S3 using the same sign on but it will not accept it at the gateway.

=\
  • Options
    omholsomhols Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to see Windows Phone supported. The tools provided for XNA allow quick porting from their current iPhone/Android projects and make XBOX 360 app integration a snap as well.
    Master of Monsters - Caturday Survivor 2013 - Master Scryer
    fss_49316d8a5de21281b0f4fc8f0089006b.png
  • Options
    thalamisthalamis Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kaptaino wrote: »
    Every time I try to log in the gateway from my Galaxy S3 it tells me the username or password is invalid. I can log in with the same password on my computer and I can log in to the forums and the main perfect world site using my S3 using the same sign on but it will not accept it at the gateway.

=\

I don't know if you have sorted this, but the problem is that the Galaxy's store a space character when using predictive text.

Enter your username / email
    Move to password field
    Press delete
    Now enter your password.

Sorted!

Thal
  • Options
    zikkszikks Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    An app to help save on data rates for phone users as all the graphic data could be there instead of streaming, would be nice.