test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

neverwinter kills my internet...

nitrusoxideusnitrusoxideus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
so neverwinter has been literally disconnecting me from my actual internet service for small periods of time when playing. I am wondering if this is happening to anybody else. Again, I dont just get disconnected from the game, I get disconnected from my entire network and I cant even search the web.

anyone know what this problem is?
Post edited by nitrusoxideus on

Comments

• dreamo1984dreamo1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    No. I think there'd be a lot of posts about that if others were having this problem. Sorry :/
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    so neverwinter has been literally disconnecting me from my actual internet service for small periods of time when playing. I am wondering if this is happening to anybody else. Again, I dont just get disconnected from the game, I get disconnected from my entire network and I cant even search the web.

Sounds like a personal issue.
    Your system may be the compromised.
    '-'
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Umm impossible. you have problems elsewhere. These games are very low bandwidth all things considered.... and for something at the application layer to cause what you describe could only be caused by saturating something in your path - cpu, your network interface, or your switch/router.. which this game isn't going to do. Even if you internal network is old school 10mb its still PLENTY. Most WiFi is ~54mbs which is PLENTY.

Even DSL is PLENTY of bandwidth for a PC game.

People are so duped by ads by companies like Time Warner saying you need 20mbs downstream.
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    People are so duped by ads by companies like Time Warner saying you need 20mbs downstream.

Except they rarely, if at all, provide the actual 20mbs downstream.
    ):
    But even then, aye tis more about latency rather than bandwidth which is important for games.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • nitrusoxideusnitrusoxideus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Umm impossible. you have problems elsewhere. These games are very low bandwidth all things considered.... and for something at the application layer to cause what you describe could only be caused by saturating something in your path - cpu, your network interface, or your switch/router.. which this game isn't going to do. Even if you internal network is old school 10mb its still PLENTY. Most WiFi is ~54mbs which is PLENTY.

what do u mean impossible? what are you saying is impossible in my statement. I am merely stating what IS HAPPENING. I get disconnected from neverwinter every 15-30 min and after that my entire internet disconnects for around 30 seconds to a minute. If i go for any length of time without playing neverwinter MY INTERNET DOESNT GO DOWN AT ALL. This is obv not impossible since its happening to me lol. And im not even complaining that neverwinter is using to much bandwidth. Regardless if its my computers fault or the games fault the problem still stands that when i play neverwinter something is messing up and causing this. I was just trying to see if anyone else has had this problem.
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Exactly this, even for streaming movies 20mbs is kind of overkill.

what do u mean impossible? what are you saying is impossible in my statement. I am merely stating what IS HAPPENING. I get disconnected from neverwinter every 15-30 min and after that my entire internet disconnects for around 30 seconds to a minute. If i go for any length of time without playing neverwinter MY INTERNET DOESNT GO DOWN AT ALL. This is obv not impossible since its happening to me lol. And im not even complaining that neverwinter is using to much bandwidth. Regardless if its my computers fault or the games fault the problem still stands that when i play neverwinter something is messing up and causing this. I was just trying to see if anyone else has had this problem.

When you connect to a server you are just sending and receiving packets form it, there's nothing there really that could make your whole net service go down. The issue could be with your hardware though. You should contact your ISP technical department and ask for help from them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • nitrusoxideusnitrusoxideus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    look at this pic with the netgraph as im getting diconnected. that doesnt seem weird to u that my RECV packets goes from the hundreds to the millions suddenly?

neverwinterdisconn.jpg
  • theodatetheodate Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    disconnect from game... and it disconnects me from internet.. this has been going on for days now.... I seem to be able to stay on no more then 10 minutes. , then I get disconnected from game and my internet... what's wrong??? I don't group in game because I know every 10 minutes I will be disconnected.... this is the only game I have this issue with.... and I have played every pay and ftp game out there worth playing so far.... so it's not me. About ready to throw in the towel and call it quits.:mad:
  • fatodusttfatodustt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue I get 2 to 3 minutes of play time before I disconnect and my internet resets itself, no specific area or action its just random.
  • chacarerochacarero Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here, i enter to the world for 5 seconds and my internet dies :c
  • fishcowfishcow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    look at this pic with the netgraph as im getting diconnected. that doesnt seem weird to u that my RECV packets goes from the hundreds to the millions suddenly?

neverwinterdisconn.jpg

No, that is normal. The problem lies in your own computer.
    (⊙ω⊙)
    Je Bus is here to save you! (⊙ω⊙)
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Make sure your router/modem isn't overheating. I had this problem playing any game. I ended up buying a small fan to set my router on, no issues since.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • crazykldcrazykld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey guys, go to your programs and in the search bar type C++.
    If you have two different bits (eg x64, x32, or x86 etc..) then delete them and make sure you have at least 2005, 2008, 2012 in the same bit type.
    [th]Game[/th][th]Name[/th][th]Class[/th][th]Level[/th]NeverwinterDeadweightDevoted Cleric60Perfect WorldDemienR8 Cleric100Perfect WorldRy__Ry4/5aps BM101BlacklightProDeadweightSniper20Forsaken WorldBecca BooPriest60
  • absolverabsolver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let me kill a few urban myths in the making here.

1) One particular program can not cause your internet connection to go down. Your modem (and often the router in the same package) is built to do one thing - send and receive packets. All those packets are treated the same, the router doesn't care which application is sending or receiving the data. Although there have in the past been specially crafted packets that could bring down routers, the likelyhood that your router software has a flaw that can result in this is minuscule. Your router is more likely to be hit by a meteorite. What is more likely happening is that you are not noticing your modem losing its connection because you are not using applications that requires a constant stream of data. Streaming movies, loading web pages, etc etc - all these activities can handle your modem dropping the connection for 30 seconds.

2) Your modem/router will not overheat from playing a game. If it is going to overheat, it will be if you are transferring large files constantly. Neverwinter does not do that.

Your most likely problem is that you have a DSL line, and your ADSL filter is faulty, or your SNR rate is set incorrectly. Contact your ISP and ask them to do a diagnostic on your line.
    edited May 2013
    Then how can you explain that this only happens when we play Neverwinter??
  • absolverabsolver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chacarero wrote: »
    Then how can you explain that this only happens when we play Neverwinter??
    absolver wrote: »
    ... What is more likely happening is that you are not noticing your modem losing its connection because you are not using applications that requires a constant stream of data. Streaming movies, loading web pages, etc etc - all these activities can handle your modem dropping the connection for 30 seconds.

I suppose I shall have to complain about having to repeat myself here, since the message requires 10chars...
  • hydrahamhydraham Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That means the problem is either on your ISPs end or your router/modem.

Comcast did this to WOW players for awhile, i remember the latency was unbearable at one point. Call your ISP.
    edited May 2013
    But if the internet falls when we play Neverwinter, It should be a problem with the game, cause is the ONLY game that causes it
  • draggonwolfsdraggonwolfs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But if the internet falls when we play Neverwinter, It should be a problem with the game, cause is the ONLY game that causes it

Are you talking about other MMOs, games that have constant internet connection, or single player games where it does not use an internet connection?
    edited May 2013
    Are you talking about other MMOs, games that have constant internet connection, or single player games where it does not use an internet connection?

Other MMOs
  • archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have the same trouble. when i log on neverwinter i reandomly loose conection for 2 or 3 seconds. from time to time. never hapened before
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • phixsphixs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It is your connection and not the game. I can understand why you are confused. If it were the game everyone would have this issuue or atleast a lot would. This is not the case. As already mentioned i would check the following.

1) Do a malware/spyware clean (malwarebyes anti-malware should do the job for you there for free)
    2) Check to see if everyone looses connection or if its just your pc(when your pc is without a conn try and connect with another device). It will help with diagnostics of your issue.
    3) Check your router firmware.
    4) Make sure you have the latest driver for your NIC (network interface card) installed. Usually never an issue but better be on the safe side.
    5) Some are able to connect to the internet(i am one of those) without the use of a router. Try this if its possible with your setup and see if the problem persist.
    6) If problem still persist, call your ISP regarding a diagnostics of your connection. Tell them everything you have tried to remedy this issue so they may have an easier time assisting your.
  • drpallisadedrpallisade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    Thats not the game at fault. This is known as connection “flooding”. Basically your connection is not able to keep up the connection speed it is supposed to and is getting “flooded” with information then crapping out.

Any game, (and I do mean any game) that has consistant internet access requirements will have issues of flooding when the connection is unstable.

Things to try;
    Ensure you firewall is correctly set to allow the nwn exe access to the web
    Ensure your AV package is set to “ignore” the nwn exe, and is fully updated
    Castle Dunsmere
    edited May 2013
    hi... I did the C++ search but I have no idea what to look for, it pulled up hundreds of files that have C++ in it.

thing is it disconnects my husband also from the internet.... he loses internet access every time I do from this dang game.... wish they would fix it.... it is sickening already... ONLY when I play this game....
    edited May 2013
    any response on this from devs? or who ever it is that does....
  • ch80ch80 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same issue. I've tried everything, port forwarding 7000-7500 and 6881-6999 and 80, giving my mac address high priority through qos disabling my anti-virus and firewall. Nothing seems to help. I lose access to the internet for a short while after the disconnect and it has totally ruined my experience with this game. I wont group due to fear of disconnecting and it just frustrates me to no end because this is the only online game that has done this to me. Any feedback or response on this issue from the devs would be appreciated. Also maybe notable to mention, the (Server Not Responding) comes up and I've had it keep me logged in while the timer reached in excess of a minute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rado84rado84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I doubt the game is causing your problems with connection. I had the same "server not responding" several times and while the server is down I'm still able to surf on the net. The only thing I couldn't figure out is how do I get killed when there's no mob around me and the server is down. I thought when the server doesn't work monsters don't work as well.
    edited May 2013
    The connection to my internet is disabled for about 10 seconds after the game disconnect so yes it is the game causing it, because no other programs or online games do this. I am able to go online like I said about 10 seconds or so after I am disconnected but the issue of getting booted from the game, seemingly randomly, still exists. My last test will be to connect through lan directly into my router and see if the problem still occurs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    rado84 wrote: »
    I doubt the game is causing your problems with connection. I had the same "server not responding" several times and while the server is down I'm still able to surf on the net. The only thing I couldn't figure out is how do I get killed when there's no mob around me and the server is down. I thought when the server doesn't work monsters don't work as well.

This red server not responding does not mean that the server is down it means that the game server and your isp are not communicating. Right after I am disconnected I can log right back in on most occasions but anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes later I am disconnected again. I have only had a few good play sessions of over 30 minutes in my time since the 3 day head start I was given for the guardian pack purchase. I can play other mmo's for hours on end without any issues whatsoever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rado84rado84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ch80 wrote: »
    The connection to my internet is disabled for about 10 seconds after the game disconnect so yes it is the game causing it, because no other programs or online games do this. I am able to go online like I said about 10 seconds or so after I am disconnected but the issue of getting booted from the game, seemingly randomly, still exists. My last test will be to connect through lan directly into my router and see if the problem still occurs.
    May I ask you how did you install the game? By downloading the client via torrent or via the downloader? I'm asking because the downloader uses (installs) Pando Media Booster which is worldwide known as a virus, a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> which limits your internet connection speed. When installing it it reads something like "the speed of light" but this is an insolent lie. To understand me better - my normal connection to any location on the planet is 5.7-6.0MB/second. With PMB installed it becomes 2MB/s tops! And if I try to download anything else at the same time when the downloader is running - the other thing never gets to start downloading. Basically, this sh*tty program forbids you to download anything else which is not being downloaded by the NW downloader.
    I suspect the most of the users posted here have installed the game using the downloader and PMB is the reason for their problems. I don't have that problem because I downloaded the installer via torrent client.
    So, if anyone of you have used the downloader - open Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel and uninstall Pando Media Booster. You will then see/feel the difference.
This discussion has been closed.