test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

i have 3 questions, not sure where the answers are.

finnikiafinnikia Member Posts: 29 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
1st. its true there is no open world, its like DDO in that its all in one city?

2nd. is there a pve end game?

3. is it p2w?
Post edited by finnikia on

Comments

• Options
    randomdispalynamrandomdispalynam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    1. There are zones, reached by zoning via a gate mechanism. Some zones are larger and more open than others. There are multiple zones on the mainland.

2. Yes. You grind dungeons to increase gear score to be able to que elite dungeons.

3. No.

See sig for more answers.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18401-Neverwinter-Extended-FAQ
    If not sure if a thread is posted, try the SEARCH function below:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/search.php
  • Options
    solmyr14solmyr14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    1. It's not all in one city, but you cannot just walk from area to area. you must teleport through the maps exits.

2. I'm not there yet, but from what I've heard (on the forums), level 60 is where the game really starts.

3. Don't even start with this question :) (in my opinion, it's not).
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    finnikia wrote: »
    1st. its true there is no open world, its like DDO in that its all in one city?

2nd. is there a pve end game?

3. is it p2w?
    1) It is not seamless open-world, no. It is more like Everquest or Baldur's Gate where you choose your destinations on the world via zoning. There are also private and public instances all abound in addition to the public adventure zones, which include Neverwinter but also encompass much of the surrounding areas and will continue to expand as the game grows.

2) Yes.

3) As with anything, only if you want it. But no, it isn't. There's no need to ever buy anything to experience the entirety of the game. There are boosts and mounts which will help players advance but never is such a requirement or forced upon a player in order to feel adequate and have fun.
  • Options
    jroutjrout Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »

3) As with anything, only if you want it. But no, it isn't. There's no need to ever buy anything to experience the entirety of the game. There are boosts and mounts which will help players advance but never is such a requirement or forced upon a player in order to feel adequate and have fun.

Really? Look at the cash shop prices thread of 15+ pages lol..

Certain things are almost a necessity as you progress in level and the prices are way to steep for those items.
  • Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jrout wrote: »

Certain things are almost a necessity as you progress in level and the prices are way to steep for those items.

Pay for Convience is not Pay 2 Win my friend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    jrout wrote: »

There is nothing in that shop I personally deem a necessity. I have never once needed a healthstone or any other boost players are claiming are pay to win.
    There are some pretty major convenience items but nothing needed. The game can EASILY be played without ever paying for healthstones.

OP,
    Zeb's answer is my own. Copy and past it here. :D