test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I don't have "new mail"

xeverius2013xeverius2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
The mail button keeps highlighting with an alert telling me I have new mail, which --most everytime-- I don't. It's become a waste of time to check the mail, no matter if items have sold on auction or not. :mad:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a flame of meaning in the darkness of mere being." --C. G. Jung
Post edited by xeverius2013 on

Comments

• Options
    fun4faerunfun4faerun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Similar bug here too -- submitted a ticket a while back to see if it gets fixed. "New mail" always glows, even if I just checked it 10 seconds ago.
  • Options
    xeverius2013xeverius2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's bothersome, is it not? That, & the ticket submission doesn't seem to work in game either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a flame of meaning in the darkness of mere being." --C. G. Jung
  • Options
    shaudrashaudra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get this too; but, I ran into something interesting just yesterday. I never deleted an email before and so decided to get rid of some yesterday; as soon as I deleted an email LOADS of STO email appeared in my inbox that had previously not been viewable. So, I'm curious, do any of you have any other Perfect World Entertainment games and if so, have you deleted any emails from your NW inbox yet; AND if you do/did ... do you get emails from other PWE games in your inbox?

I know, lengthy question there; but it's a condition that's probably repeatable which maybe will make it easier for them to find and fix.
    shautrusig.jpg
  • Options
    kesrikesri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shaudra wrote: »
    I get this too; but, I ran into something interesting just yesterday. I never deleted an email before and so decided to get rid of some yesterday; as soon as I deleted an email LOADS of STO email appeared in my inbox that had previously not been viewable. So, I'm curious, do any of you have any other Perfect World Entertainment games and if so, have you deleted any emails from your NW inbox yet; AND if you do/did ... do you get emails from other PWE games in your inbox?

I know, lengthy question there; but it's a condition that's probably repeatable which maybe will make it easier for them to find and fix.

I do have an STO account. I did delete a message yesterday in NWN and a bunch of mail did pop up, but it was NWN mail so it is not exactly the same as what you observed.

I have bugged the "New Mail" shiny at least twice. It comes on whenever I transfer zones. So unless I look before transferring zones, I can't tell if I have new mail. Also I'm not positive that it ONLY comes on when I transfer zones, I just know that it ALWAYS comes on when I transfer zones.
  • Options
    soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got that mail icon indicating new mail but nothing in there. So I logged in to my STO account, deleted every single mail I had, then came back to NW and that freaking mail icon still indicating I have new mail! Arrrrrrrgggg.

Hope they fix this. I know there's a whole lot of more important bugs/exploits to be fixed, but I just hope this one doesn't go unnoticed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Aye, when I did get mail (a quest note from npcs or NwO) & delete that, then I get the auction sales. That happened a couple times. But still, the mail icon shine after deleting mail. }:\
  • Options
    kiry3kiry3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    No other PW games for me and yet a glowing Mail icon. i'm also selling AH items, and not getting the mail related to them.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . I've had new STO mail cause my NWO Mail icon to flash. Deleting teh STO mail through the STO client made the icon go calm back down. This was in BW2-4, so unsure if this related or not.
  • Options
    ender69ender69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deleting an email shows a bunch that I've missed - though zoning seems to put it back into the broken state. I always have to delete a message to see them all..

I think this may have something to do with people (myself included) having AH rob them of their AD and items:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?148171-Auction-house-missing-astral-diamonds
  • Options
    doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My mail in NWO will not appear as long as I have any mail on my STO character. I log on to STO, I delete my mail, which includes my NWO mail, and then I log back in to NWO.

Its definitely related to cross-cryptic games.
  • Options
    ender69ender69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My mail in NWO will not appear as long as I have any mail on my STO character. I log on to STO, I delete my mail, which includes my NWO mail, and then I log back in to NWO.

Its definitely related to cross-cryptic games.

I don't play any other games with this account... so definitely not related to cross-cryptic/pwe games..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The problem seems to be fixed now. Hopefully everyone else's is as well?
  • Options
    rcranerrcraner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm still having this issue, my mail icon continues to glow even though I have no new mail.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's not fixed in the slightest... I've also deleted all the messages I can, so never going to see a new message again if this keeps up >.>
  • Options
    porpoisealertporpoisealert Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited May 2013
    Yep. Same problem here.
  • Options
    kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I don't play other Cryptic games and have no cross-game issue.
    I am receiving very creative mail full of wonderful lore from some players that has made me feel very welcome to the community, however, and am sometimes amazed at just how cool some of you are.
    Thanks, whoever you guys are. It kind of made my day.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Nope, it's not fixed. Went right back to doing the same thing, even after maintenance last night. Ugh! }:\