test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wait... Really?

Comments

• knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It was pretty clear in the pack descriptions that HoTN would get this benefit and Guardians would not. RIF.

I found it to be less than clear, but saw that it may be possibly so, as it did in fact turn out to be.
  • phadedsilhouettephadedsilhouette Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have to agree with most of you here. Guardians should get some priority in the que as should people that spent money in the cash shop. It would be hard to judge based on the amount spent in the cash shop for all players so maybe do it like this:

Tier 1- Hotn

Tier 2- Guardians & Ppl that spent in cash shop

Tier 3- Free to play no money spent.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I spent $20 on this game I declare myself Queen of EVERYTHING!
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »

Sadly, I'm already King of EVERYTHING. Informative memos to the downtrodden masses forthcoming.
  • breathabreatha Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WRONG!!!!11!!! I spent 21 hard earned BUCKS on is (*$&%* Game. I GET TO BE QUEEN.

Maybe we can share?
    -Breatha, the fat and sassy Dwarf
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    breatha wrote: »
    WRONG!!!!11!!! I spent 21 hard earned BUCKS on is (*$&%* Game. I GET TO BE QUEEN.

Maybe we can share?

We can share knightfalz :D
  • phadedsilhouettephadedsilhouette Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013

lol now that your queen of everything you have to give me everything! You can afford it you own everything after all.

on-topic:
    People that spent money in the shop are more likely to spend more money in the shop.
  • taken84taken84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly. Do people not read the description of a product they are buying? How the hell can you come now and complain about something that wasn't even mentioned in your pack? This just looks like a weak attempt at getting something retrospective. You are not entitled to anything else then the 13 things listed under your pack, i.e the Guardian of Neverwinter pack.
    • 3 days early access
    • The armored horse mount
    • Direwolf companion
    • Gold Moonstone regalia mask
    • Ring of violet continual light
    • Lliira's everlasting bottle of levity
    • Greycloak's Legacy
    • 1 respec token
    • Robe of useless items
    • Adventurer's helper pack
    • Ingame and forum Founder's title
    • 1 extra character slot
    • 600,000 Astral diamonds

Nothing here would even suggest that you will be able to skip the queue in game.

Learn to read up on what you buy before you cry.
  • zideezidee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    taken84 wrote: »
    Honestly. Do people not read the description of a product they are buying? How the hell can you come now and complain about something that wasn't even mentioned in your pack? This just looks like a weak attempt at getting something retrospective. You are not entitled to anything else then the 13 things listed under your pack, i.e the Guardian of Neverwinter pack.

Nothing here would even suggest that you will be able to skip the queue in game.

Learn to read up on what you buy before you cry.
    Well it doesn't say anything about skipping the queue in Hero's list either and yet being a Hero gets you in the head of the line.
  • nauldrnauldr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I honestly had no idea how popular this game was going to be. If you would have told me that launch day I would be 12669 in line and have to wait well over an hour to play I probably wouldn't have dropped the $60 on it. I figured a queue might happen launch day but nothing like what it is.
  • vikinggamervikinggamer Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zidee wrote: »
    Well it doesn't say anything about skipping the queue in Hero's list either and yet being a Hero gets you in the head of the line.

from http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack/hero

"VIP Game Access
    When loads are high, jump to the head of the queue and get priority log-in access. (account unlock)"

All die, so die well.
  • dive05dive05 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A) it's open beta, soft launch, not quite baked, not complete, etc. "There be dragons ahead land"
    B) The Hero pack was updated with VIP access to jump queues. This only happened in the last week or so.
    Don't like the game? Leave. More fun for me.
  • pherephattapherephatta Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nauldr wrote: »
    I honestly had no idea how popular this game was going to be. If you would have told me that launch day I would be 12669 in line and have to wait well over an hour to play I probably wouldn't have dropped the $60 on it. I figured a queue might happen launch day but nothing like what it is.

You clearly didn't play SWTOR. I work at home so am home all day - used to queue my fiance up in the morning while he was at work, because there were 6-9 hour wait times. I remember Vanguard where I couldn't log in for the entire first day of launch. Lineage 2 had 2-3 hour queue times, and the servers would crash so often you'd finally log in and only get to play for 15 minutes. WoW had an absolutely abyssmal launch. This is not even close to being among the worst launches I've seen. There are always -always- problems. And every launch day has forums screaming about how horrible it is, the worst ever.

20 minutes - an hour queue time is not that bad. Ideal, no, but there have been games with much worse. At least once you get in, you can actually play. There was some rubberbanding yesterday, but that was resolved fairly quickly as far as such things go.

And PWE is doing an excellent job at keeping us all informed and getting fixes in.

And let's face it - they still consider this a beta. They're not launching here, they're launching open beta. If you don't expect problems, you are seriously deluding yourself.
    edited May 2013
    nauldr wrote: »

Be happy it is popular. It gives it a better chance of sticking around, so that your $60 doesn't end out turning into dust in the wind. Eventually, the queue will be better sorted.
  • zideezidee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    from http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack/hero

"VIP Game Access
    When loads are high, jump to the head of the queue and get priority log-in access. (account unlock)"
    Okay. I don't remember seeing that there before. My bad.
  • etmorsetmors Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I paid 200 for the spider mount the rest is just fluff lol
  • ravenmark#2240 ravenmark Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    in truth, I would be anxious to updating my GoN with HoN paying difference, but they don't want my money :(
    *drums fingers together considering buying HoN anyway to have all the power and swag goodness*
    MUHAHAHAHAH I shall own it all!!!!!!
  • pion01pion01 Member Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay. I don't remember seeing that there before. My bad.

That's because it wasn't there before, it was added in the past few weeks. It's also still not there for the Guardians.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack/guardian
  • meowkittonmeowkitton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone! We're working to improve this. The current wait times in open beta are higher than we would like them to be. We are working hard to increase server capacity such that everyone can log in without having to wait in a queue for too long. :)

Honestly this isn't good enough; all my friends - except one - are guardians, the other one being a HoTN. Having to wait for them while they spent money on this game, around the same amount as a newly released game for consoles, and still not get any priority over those who spent no money at all is ridiculous. The founder pack thing was also extremely misleading, I disagree with almost every HoTN person here - except those supporting guardians as myself - because we already skip the queue, it's easy to say it's not a big deal when we aren't sitting in line with anywhere from 5000 - 7000 people, most of them not having supported this game.

The founder packs had VIP status, and yes - that symbol meant early access for guardians - but in HoTN saying you get "VIP access" and define it by "skipping queue" is both confusing and misleading. Most of my friends bought the founder pack expecting to get ahead in queue as soon as they saw what the HoTN pack did. I feel they also - at the very least - deserve that status. HoTN already have an extreme amount of bonus items, seeing my guardian bros get one extra bonus - again - for supporting this game is something I expect to see in the future. PW dropped the ball for guardians, and frankly it's outrageous. It's a great thing that you guys are working on fixing the queues, but guardians should still be behind HoTN to get in faster, they aren't f2p, they payed for this game and supported it.

-

To all other guardians, and anyone feeling the same, sign this petition: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?165441-Guardian-Founder-Partition
    and be vocal about this, it won't change unless you stand up for yourselves. I support you all fully.
  • foempspeedyfoempspeedy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Online again, get in and enjoy QQ
  • taken84taken84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Have another look and read it all...

"VIP Game Access

• dendrobates0825dendrobates0825 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pion01 wrote: »
    That's because it wasn't there before, it was added in the past few weeks. It's also still not there for the Guardians.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack/guardian
    LIAR!, this was posted on 1/28 and it was there then.

http://kotaku.com/5979599/neverwinter-beta-weekends-dated-and-for-200-you-can-play-drizzt
    edited May 2013

You mean the article that misquotes prices "Neverwinter, and there's one sure way to get in—spending $49.99," the number of beta weekends "beta weekend events is sure to be incredibly long, and with only three of them scheduled?"

The one that even with the bad reporting still manages to list what is included in the packs -

Next up is the Guardian of Neverwinter Pack, which offers entry into all three beta weekends, a three day head start into the open beta, and $149 worth of in-game items for $59.99, including...
    • Three-day head start access to Neverwinter Open Beta
    • Unique ‘Gold Moonstone Mask Regalia' head piece
    • Unique ‘Armored Horse' mount
    • Unique ‘Direwolf Companion'
    • In-game and forum ‘Founder' title

But wait, there's more!

Those hungry for some hot renegade Dark Elf action can shell out $199.99 for the Hero of the North Founder's Pack. They'll score beta access, a five-day head start to the open beta, and the exclusive playable Menzoberranzan Renegade race, complete with special racial abilities, a tattoo, and a panther companion, just like a certain Drow ranger. All told it's $549 worth of virtual stuff.
    • Five-day head start access to Neverwinter Open Beta
    • Beta Weekend Friend Invite code
    • Exclusive access to ‘Menzoberranzan Renegade', a Drow playable race like the legendary ranger Drizzt Do'Urden, complete with unique racial abilities and tattoo
    • Unique ‘Armored Spider' mount
    • Unique ‘Panther Companion'
    • In-game and forum ‘Founder' title
    • VIP Game Access to skip-the-line and get priority log-in access

And still doesn't list ViP Queue jumping for the Guardians?

Well, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> son. You got me. I was incorrect, or as you put it, lying.
  • tym0rtym0r Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i agree but i spend already 100$ for zen but no pack. no need for gimmicks.
    so please queue me before the 60$ packs but behind the 200$ packs thank you.
  • dendrobates0825dendrobates0825 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As long as you understand your mistake and promise never to do it again.
  • sofademonsofademon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    At this point there are no queues. Since the patch I have been able to log in without any wait. I have even logged in and out several times to test, no wait whatsoever here.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    The VIP Access for Heroes was there from day one. It was one of the main selling features.
    I promise you it was always there.

But beyond that point the queue's are fixed, so why are we still arguing? :)
  • tonyacttonyact Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So - check out Marvel Online or whatever it is called - pay $200 there and no mention of priority in any queues. Open beta this coming weekend. Maybe lucky anyone got it here? :)

PS This is entitlement mania at its best. You want the priority? - pay your 200.
    edited May 2013
    Lest I fall on my sword.

scoutsalute.jpg
    edited May 2013
    pion01 wrote: »
    Lest I fall on my sword.

scoutsalute.jpg
    LOL, you're all right