test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

4 que? HoTN has to wait 3 secs?? OH LAWD!

2»

Comments

• someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jim1771 wrote: »
    You do realize that show was actualy filmed in the basement of his church right?

Where it was filmed is entirely irrelevant to the discussion, if anyone brought religion into the thread it was you. Also, only an idiot would ban someone from the game when all they have to do is mute them on the forums, and still get all their wonderful in-game purchases. The entire tone of your posts seems to be that you are extremely jealous and are looking for any and all excuses to get the OP banned based on the fact that he has something you do not, and is happy about it. Relax. Go read a book. I'm going to the gym to blow of some steam now, maybe you want to give it a shot.
  • jim1771jim1771 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    someoneod wrote: »
    Where it was filmed is entirely irrelevant to the discussion, if anyone brought religion into the thread it was you. Also, only an idiot would ban someone from the game when all they have to do is mute them on the forums, and still get all their wonderful in-game purchases. The entire tone of your posts seems to be that you are extremely jealous and are looking for any and all excuses to get the OP banned based on the fact that he has something you do not, and is happy about it. Relax. Go read a book. I'm going to the gym to blow of some steam now, maybe you want to give it a shot.
    If that were the case I would report every hero of the north title holder so therefore your statement has no merit so thank you and good day.

BTW I would never spend that kind of money on a F2P game before it released because eventualy the perks you got will be in the store for a lot less then what you paid.
  • aumerleaumerle Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd take it a step farther than that - that's basically 4x the price of a regularly priced "normal" game. When I was told that people had spent $200 on this "free to play" game I was blown away and still am, because I wouldn't have paid that much for the best game I've ever played *before it came out* and even games I've spent that much on like Everquest, I played for a long time before spending that much money.

Also I think any system that gives "perks" -and by that I mean actual game advantages, not skins or vanity pets, to people who spend more money is inherently flawed. I work a customer service type job and if we bumped the people who spend thousands of dollars with us to the front of the line every time we would anger so many other valued customers that the whole thing would fall apart.

Honestly the only free to play game that I've played that really seems to thrive has been League of Legends and I think that's because that game did an excellent job of making both the game completely playable without paying a dime and making all of the things you need to "buy" that actually affect in game performance be reasonably obtainable without spending actual money.

As it is I think the game has potential and hopefully going forward perfect world will treat everyone equally, if they don't I don't think the game will last purely on the people that were willing to spend money on it pre-launch/beta/whatever you want to call this.
  • cronis10000cronis10000 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to say though some people have been bashing us for buying the 200 dollar pack, sounds like envy to me most of the time. However I do like the fact I get priority que for entering the game. I do think the 60 dollar guys should get a tier 2 que and the freebies are on their own.

In any case something needs to be done and so far Cryptic seems to be responding in a reasonable fashion.
  • vikinggamervikinggamer Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    crshd wrote: »
    Wow some of you "heroes" are annoying as hell.

Well, we all have our own opinion. You wanna hear what's my opinion of someone who forks 200 bucks on something that might fail in a month time ? No, i didn't think so and trust me, you don't want to. I'm willing to bet that most of you who did pay, didn't even earn that money yourselves and your behavior reflects that.
    Sure, fire away, lets hear what you have to say about how other people choose to spend their money. But the real question is "Why should I give a sh** what you think?" And yes, I did make my own money. I have a paid off house, a paid off car and a paid off motorcycle. I have no credit debt. I have 5 kids out of school and 4 grandkids to spoil and I spend my money on what every the **** I please.

Seriously dude, it is just a game. Sure there are a lot of people who take it too seriously and they end up spending more than they should on it. But it is also possible for somebody to spend nothing on it and still take the game too seriously by way of fuming over how others choose to spend their money. I am sorry if my contribution to the levity concerning the queue times made you upset.

And no, I don't think I am above anyone for having the HotN pack. It has certain perks that I was willing to pay for because I am fortunate enough to be in a place where I can afford it and that is it. If you really think that I consider myself above others because of a purchase then you are likely projecting your own attitude on the situation. You don't have to BE rich to think that BEING rich makes you better than others. Money is not the root of all evil, It is the love of money that is the root of all evil. You don't have to have a lot of money and things to be inordinately attached to that money and those things. So don't presume to know what my intents and motivations are in what I choose to do with what I have.

All die, so die well.
  • quttidebachiquttidebachi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    officejelly.jpg

Get rid of the jelly and you can play......
    Qutti'Debachi - Cleric
    <Rarely Sober> - Beholder
  • ashgan99ashgan99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jim1771 wrote: »
    Yes Mr. Rodgers was a Reverend. Do your research next time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Rogers

elitist or not, you yourself are trolling now by just digging for dirt where none is to be found.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guardian pack definatly does not allow you to get in quickly...i queued for 4 hours and played 5 minutes...should have gotten the hotn pack if it only had another Mount than that ugly Spider...well
  • spellwardenspellwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 357 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    While I agree that the OP was an unecessary troll. I still feel I need to post this link. If nothing but to illustrate the new gamer-mentality the second millenium brought with it.

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20130429
  • sneakerz1sneakerz1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood.

Sorry, I figured I may as well join the rest of the trolls.
  • crshdcrshd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Sure, fire away, lets hear what you have to say about how other people choose to spend their money. But the real question is "Why should I give a sh** what you think?" And yes, I did make my own money. I have a paid off house, a paid off car and a paid off motorcycle. I have no credit debt. I have 5 kids out of school and 4 grandkids to spoil and I spend my money on what every the **** I please.

Seriously dude, it is just a game. Sure there are a lot of people who take it too seriously and they end up spending more than they should on it. But it is also possible for somebody to spend nothing on it and still take the game too seriously by way of fuming over how others choose to spend their money. I am sorry if my contribution to the levity concerning the queue times made you upset.

And no, I don't think I am above anyone for having the HotN pack. It has certain perks that I was willing to pay for because I am fortunate enough to be in a place where I can afford it and that is it. If you really think that I consider myself above others because of a purchase then you are likely projecting your own attitude on the situation. You don't have to BE rich to think that BEING rich makes you better than others. Money is not the root of all evil, It is the love of money that is the root of all evil. You don't have to have a lot of money and things to be inordinately attached to that money and those things. So don't presume to know what my intents and motivations are in what I choose to do with what I have.

Ok, so first, why the hell did you feel obligated to respond to my post (from which you only quoted the part that was convenient to you) if it obviously wasn't aimed at you ? There must be a reason you felt called out.

Second, read the OP and tell me what part of what i wrote wasn't right. And the OP isn't the only hero guy that talked <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on this forum.

Why should you give a **** what i think ? You shouldn't. That's why i didn't give my opinion on people that paid up.

And finally, while i have nothing against giving people that paid a priority in queue, there really is no reason for it except PW good will. It wasn't advertised as part of the package, no one was forcing you to pay anything and to make matters worse, some people might have bought heroes instead of guardian if they knew, so guardians are the ones who got shafted.

So no, technically whoever bought the packages isn't really entitled to anything except what was in the said packages. Certainly not the right to look down on people that didn't throw money at a game they haven't even had the chance to fully try out.