test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

change my name?

fessgsgsgafessgsgsga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Is there a way i can change my name on the PW website i really dont know why its a bunch of random letters and i prefer to change it to something more me.
Post edited by fessgsgsga on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    . . . . . You can have the system change your @handle to match your Forum Display name, if they are different. Unless your names contain profanity or something else that otherwise violates the RoC, ELUA, or ToS, I am afraid there is no way to change it otherwise.

. . . . . If you want to sync your forum name with your @handle, you can do so by going to the STO Account Management, logging in (you'll be prompted for a one-time code, check your email) then go back here and click on "Change Display Name" on the bottom and follow the steps.

. . . . . Note, the reason you have to do this in STO's account system is because NWO's isn't set up yet. The result will be the same. If your names are in violation of any of the Rules I mentioned above or contains personal or sensitive information, then you can contact Support and plead your case.
  • nesv1nesv1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want to change my ingame @handle to something different. How do I do this?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    nesv1 wrote: »
    I want to change my ingame @handle to something different. How do I do this?
    The post of mine right before yours contains the only ways.
  • gianavelgianavel Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a related issue. I've downloaded the launcher, and I first put in my account name to try to log in, and that didn't work. I then used my email, and I received a message saying I needed to link my account, with a web address. I went to that site, and was told that there was a Display Name conflict. In the past, I played Champions Online and Star Trek Online, so I have a Cryptic account. I also played Forsaken World, so I have a Perfect World account. I followed the steps above to link my Cryptic and Perfect World accounts at STO. I go to "Change Display Name," and am told "You have an empty PW forum name, so your Cryptic display name cannot be changed."

I'm fairly certain I can't set my Display Name here at Neverwinter because I'm trying to use the same name that I used with CO and STO. I don't want to use a different name, because that's "my" name. I use it across a variety of games and social media. It's my "Internet persona", as it were. Is there a step that I'm missing, or am I just out of luck?

Edit: Apparently I DO have a forum display name, as I can see it over there on the left.
  • gianavelgianavel Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I figured it out. I had to log out of Neverwinter, then log back in using my Cryptic display name and not my email address. That allowed me to finally link the accounts on this end.
  • bobiestarrbobiestarr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there a way to delete my account and start over? Same email and a new name?

Ops, a tad old topic perhaps.
  • omnomnomonomnomnomon Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Edited : Moved my issue to new topic.