Options

Best race/stats for Cleric?

2»

Comments

• Options
    kelteelkelteel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    I see no reason to invest anything in STR at all, it's only a recommended stat because it's the default for the Cleric class, but since this is the Devoted Cleric that can't use melee weapons there is no real good benefit from STR at all since it only applies to melee powers which the devoted cleric doesn't have access to.

STR gives 1% crit, 1% Dot resistance, 1% Stamina regen.
  • Options
    preezuspreezus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I created a healing dwarf named Gimli.

Makes me happy.

I might be doing it wrong...but whatever lol. The skill gap in MMO's is very little and the majority of it seems gear and spec driven rather than an extra feat point here and there.

I never played wow or really any other MMO heavily...I dabbled with GW2 for a bit but that is it.

I will tell you this... I rather be a little less effective then have a char that I don't like looking at...part of the allure in all of the customization is making a character you like to look at and play with visually...if you don't have that...no amount of "efficient builds" will make you like your char more.

If you are heavy into math and like "min/maxing" then you should definitely look at which race is best for which class...if you're like me and believe that skill can make up for a single extra feat point here or there....then go with what you like to look at.

It really is that simple.
  • Options
    quttidebachiquttidebachi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    there is no real good benefit from STR at all since it only applies to melee powers which the devoted cleric doesn't have access to.

STR gives +1% crit per point over 10. Crit affects heals. STR is win for clerics.
    Qutti'Debachi - Cleric
    <Rarely Sober> - Beholder
  • Options
    ashandra129ashandra129 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for the responses about the stats. :) Would love to hear all opinions on it.

As for everyone saying "play what you like", I believe that goes without saying haha. The OP is asking what the "best" is, which indicates that he's interested in which race/stats would make him the most efficient as a cleric.
  • Options
    uberguberuberguber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have a Tiefling cleric. I add points to STR and CHA when I can. I try to get crit/recovery gear. Is it perfect? I don't know, but I enjoy playing it.
    Noli sinere te ab improbis opprimi
  • Options
    paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I see no reason to invest anything in STR at all, it's only a recommended stat because it's the default for the Cleric class, but since this is the Devoted Cleric that can't use melee weapons there is no real good benefit from STR at all since it only applies to melee powers which the devoted cleric doesn't have access to.

Can't wait for them to put the Battle Cleric in the game.

lol nothing to do with melee friend.. Welcome to DnD
  • Options
    wormgaswormgas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    Just to clarify...

Do all healing effects crit?

Like, even the ones who heal for 5% of a character's max hp?

Just trying to figure out if strength investment is solid for end-game.
    That's a fact!