test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wait... Really?

stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So $60 "VIP" packs dont make you VIP? Doesnt VIP mean very important person? So why am I being shoved in a Que with people who didnt pay anything? :confused: Since when does that make sense?
1ovlbg9.png

Smoke@stonedbill - Mindflayer - 60 Rogue
Post edited by stonedbill on

Comments

• Options
    symonhumbleuksymonhumbleuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    DCUO has a good queue system, ledgendary (subs) , premium (people who spent money in the store), free to play (people who do nothing for the game financially).

This is how it should be.
    My Web: http://www.symonator.net
    Toons:
    New: CW Level 60
    GF = Level 60
    DC = Level 60
    TR = Level 60
  • Options
    decubisdecubis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    I agree, seems a bit weird
    Greetings Decubis,
    image_160079_thumb_wide300.jpg
    Decubis: Dwarf Guardian Fighter: lvl 60
    Demic: Human Devoted Cleric: lvl 60
    Server: Beholder Guild: The Unnamed
  • Options
    stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DCUO has a good queue system, ledgendary (subs) , premium (people who spent money in the store), free to play (people who do nothing for the game financially).

This is how it should be.

I agree 100%, I would sub this game minus a cash shop and que times. For gods sake add more than 3 realms crypic sheesh
    1ovlbg9.png

• Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stonedbill wrote: »
    So $60 "VIP" packs dont make you VIP? Doesnt VIP mean very important person? So why am I being shoved in a Que with people who didnt pay anything? :confused: Since when does that make sense?

If you paid careful attention when you were looking at the packs, you would have seen that only the HotN pack mentioned priority access. I had hoped this was an oversight on their part, but also recognized the possibility it wasn't.

As it turned out, it wasn't, and Guardians have non-priority access.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    If you paid careful attention when you were looking at the packs, you would have seen that only the HotN pack mentioned priority access. I had hoped this was an oversight on their part, but also recognized the possibility it wasn't.

Okay, but guardians should have a priority over free players. Period.
    1ovlbg9.png

• Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone! We're working to improve this. The current wait times in open beta are higher than we would like them to be. We are working hard to increase server capacity such that everyone can log in without having to wait in a queue for too long. :)
  • Options
    hippomousehippomouse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013

Which is the most illogical system ever. There must be a model somewhere that states people who spend money pre game launch will a) stay longer and b) spend more money. Even if no model exists to not have a tiered system which rewards people who are actively supporting the game is the most crazy thing I have ever heard.
  • Options
    hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With PWE, VIP usually means "Very Ignorant Patron", unfortunately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    There is no 'should' about it. HotN purchaser paid for it. Guardians didn't. It's that simple.

It would, however, be very nice if some changes were made to give Guardian players a middle ground in the queue, but they are by no means entitled to it. I'm not expecting it, but it would be nice.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hippomouse wrote: »
    Which is the most illogical system ever. There must be a model somewhere that states people who spend money pre game launch will a) stay longer and b) spend more money. Even if no model exists to not have a tiered system which rewards people who are actively supporting the game is the most crazy thing I have ever heard.
    Systems have no logic. They are simply systems.
  • Options
    vikinggamervikinggamer Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I agree! ... except for the part where they are never called VIP packs. They are called founders packs and only HotN mentioned having VIP game access. I do, however, support the idea that Guardian pack purchasers should get at least a second tier of priority into the game. You did support the game for a significant amount. That should be worth some cutting in line over the completely free players. And if the HotN players still get priority over both guardians and free players then it wouldn't water down the value of their purchase.

All die, so die well.
  • Options
    extornextorn Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure what all the rage is about.

I jumped in with a buddy, we were qued around 8k, we played 2 ARAMS in LoL, queue popped and then we proceeded to have a HILARIOUSLY GRAND OLE YE TIME shanking artificial *****es.

It was most excellent.
  • Options
    knokoutknokout Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not like the Guardian pack said "You can be a VIP!" then gave you nothing. You're still getting all the stuff on the Guardian list that people who didn't pay $60 don't get. You get what you pay for, which was clearly stated. Otherwise what reason would people have to buy HotN?
  • Options
    hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Systems have no logic. They are simply systems.

Sorry, I'm obliged to do this; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formal_system#Logical_system :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    There is no 'should' about it. HotN purchaser paid for it. Guardians didn't. It's that simple.

It would, however, be very nice if some changes were made to give Guardian players a middle ground in the queue, but they are by no means entitled to it. I'm not expecting it, but it would be nice.

You're right, but wouldn't PWE logically think "hmm, he/she payed $60, so we already know they have money to spend. Lets keep them around to milk them some more." Instead, they are treating us as if we payed nothing at all with ridiculous, and i really mean horrendous, ques.
    1ovlbg9.png

• Options
    edited May 2013
    With PWE, VIP usually means "Very Ignorant Patron", unfortunately.

It isn't a question of ignorant players, per se. If I recall correctly both mentioned being VIP, but only HotN specifically mentioned priority access. There was enough reason to feel it may have been an omission in the Guardian description. A bit more clarity would have been wise so that customers would have had a better chance to have crystal clear expectations. It would have helped to stem some of the complaints at least. But, the world isn't a perfect place.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    But, the world isn't a perfect place.
    Is that meant to be a pun? >_>

... Because it's a very good one, even if accidental. I may use it in my signature :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tribeca76tribeca76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oh well it is what it is
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.bulwarkclan.net/neverwinter

A PVE Guild
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You're right, but wouldn't PWE logically think "hmm, he/she payed $60, so we already know they have money to spend. Lets keep them around to milk them some more." Instead, they are treating us as if we payed nothing at all with ridiculous, and i really mean horrendous, ques.

They are treating you exactly the way the package you purchase read. It's not their fault that some people, including me, read something else into the package, or at least hoped that it offered more. To treat you like you paid nothing would have been to not give you the in game items you paid to have access to.

I expect the demand for the game exceeded their expectation, leading to login issues they weren't prepared for. I'm sure they tried to estimate the player demand for launch, but sometimes estimates just aren't right. At least they are scrambling to try to do something about the queue times, and keeping the players up to date on their efforts.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Is that meant to be a pun? >_>

... Because it's a very good one, even if accidental. I may use it in my signature :P

Ummm yes, yes, it was meant to be a pun... absolutely. Comic Genius R Me.

Heh, actually, purely accidental, but kind of amusing given the current situation.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They are treating you exactly the way the package you purchase read. It's not their fault that some people, including me, read something else into the package, or at least hoped that it offered more. To treat you like you paid nothing would have been to not give you the in game items you paid to have access to.

I expect the demand for the game exceeded their expectation, leading to login issues they weren't prepared for. I'm sure they tried to estimate the player demand for launch, but sometimes estimates just aren't right. At least they are scrambling to try to do something about the queue times, and keeping the players up to date on their efforts.

They knew the game was going to blow up. Its been talked about for months on various forums and sites. They should have released with more than 3 servers. Put that founders money to use, because all the new content being pushed out now is user created.
    1ovlbg9.png

• Options
    munddaymundday Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You might have a couple more days to login to a 45 min Queue. Queue up a little before you play and dont give me any "i cant" stories. Get over it. You do realize you sound like a child. Its a game... Its less than a days pay. Grow up. Oh, and by saying "Period" doesnt make you right
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They knew the game was going to blow up. Its been talked about for months on various forums and sites. They should have released with more than 3 servers. Put that founders money to use, because all the new content being pushes out now is user created.

Knowing it would bow up doesn't mean knowing with precision how much it will blow up. Should have, could have, would have, are all worthless sentiments. All that matters now is what is, and how they deal with it.

They have done an excellent job in keeping the player base informed as to their efforts, and are scrambling to get things in place, so it seems to me the are dealing with it quite well.

Of course all the new content in place is user generated. What did you expect? They are focusing on the rollout and issues related to that, as they should. At least there is a system in place for users to make new content until the developers have the ability to focus on it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Knowing it would bow up doesn't mean knowing with precision how much it will blow up. Should have, could have, would have, are all worthless sentiments. All that matters now is what is, and how they deal with it.

They have done an excellent job in keeping the player base informed as to their efforts, and are scrambling to get things in place, so it seems to me the are dealing with it quite well.

Of course all the new content in place is user generated. What did you expect? They are focusing on the rollout and issues related to that, as they should. At least there is a system in place for users to make new content until the developers have the ability to focus on it.

Regardless, one server with 3 shards serving the whole world? With the level of advertising PWE have done for this on their other titles, they would have known that the launch would do this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aedndorfaedndorf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013

And this is the issue, anyone who pay's money for a founder/early access should be of slightly higher priority then the random free player who is not going to spend money on the product in all reality. I have no issue with people getting preferred consumer status like the HOTN people. However, its simply good business to not alienate a large portion of your paying consumer base, which is the 60$ package. At the end of the day though, they stated only the 200$ group would get priority que's so if it comes down to that i can not really complain about it, however its likely i will not bother to support the publisher/developer any farther, and i know many people feel that way as well.
  • Options
    pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Or it's a secret plan to get you pony up another 140 bucks, before the queue is gone.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Regardless, one server with 3 shards serving the whole world? With the level of advertising PWE have done for this on their other titles, they would have known that the launch would do this.
    They usually go with one only. Having three was an attempt to head off the issue of early interest. It just wasn't enough, so now they are trying to do more.
  • Options
    elfkicker5000elfkicker5000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It was pretty clear in the pack descriptions that HoTN would get this benefit and Guardians would not. RIF.
    Thanks, Dave and Gary.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    aedndorf wrote: »
    And this is the issue, anyone who pay's money for a founder/early access should be of slightly higher priority then the random free player who is not going to spend money on the product in all reality. I have no issue with people getting preferred consumer status like the HOTN people. However, its simply good business to not alienate a large portion of your paying consumer base, which is the 60$ package. At the end of the day though, they stated only the 200$ group would get priority que's so if it comes down to that i can not really complain about it, however its likely i will not bother to support the publisher/developer any farther, and i know many people feel that way as well.
    There is no 'should be' about it. People got what they paid for, in all reality. It would be nice if a middle tier access was introduced, but I doubt it will happen. That you may not support it, or some others, is really neither here nor there. Customers that break off at the first sign of a wee bit of trouble, especially right after launch, aren't really the stable kind. They won't be trying to cater to that element of their customer base.

People would be wise to cool their jets a bit, and see how it sorts out after a few days of their efforts to get things back on track, regarding the high queue times. Almost every MMO has some issues at launch after all. Some are quick at fixing them. Perhaps Neverwinter will be among the quick ones.
  • Options
    areanna2areanna2 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guardians are not entitled to (priority access) over FTP players, what we were/are "entitled" to was all the goodies we got and that is all...if you want to be at the head of the line in the que then fork over the 200$!

Point being we got exactly what we paid for and just because we paid and some did not does not make us more deserving? Think people tend to forget this is first and foremost a F2P game buying it was "optional"!