test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thank you for this game!

breathabreatha Member Posts: 108 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm old and I've played more MMO's than I care to remember. I have enjoyed some, and despised others. But this game is wonderful. I've had so much fun in the few days that I've already played that I know this one is a keeper.

You guys have done so many things RIGHT with this game. To name just a few:

Foundry:

We will never be bored. There will always be new and plentiful quests. And while some of them are just goofy, there are some wonderful ones, and the cream will rise to the top. And no matter what our inclination, there will be plenty of quests for us. Whether we prefer hack n' slash, exploration, or puzzles, there will always be something new for us to do. And if we're really picky, we can make our own! It doesn't get any better than that.

Graphics:

Holy cow, I can't praise this part of the game enough. I have been walking my character around and just gawking at the beauty of this world! There are gorgeous flowers, the architecture is astounding, the glens, and vales and water... It's just gorgeous. The detail is amazing. It takes my breath away, and I swear I cried a tear. ;)

Story:

The main quests are brilliant. The NPC's well rounded and enjoyable. The writing is phenomenal, and the voice acting always a delight. You have wonderful writers. I'm very impressed.

Currency:

There is more than one 'currency' in the game. - Gold, Astral Diamonds, Insignia trade-ins, Zen (see below), etc. It keeps the game interesting to have plenty of financial avenues through which to acquire items.

Races:

In addition to the norm, you allow Teifling, and Drow (At least for those Founders) I'm so happy to see that you are going to be allowing people to play what they want to play. You do not have the philosophy "Well there are not that many Drow, and Teifling's are more rare, so we won't allow those..." You are happy to let folks play what they want to play. I'm sure that philosophy will continue in the future

Zen Shop:

I was gleeful to find that there are Wargs as mounts! So yes I bought one, and I am not ashamed! I wanted one! I bought a badger too!!! I'm old, and cranky, and those bits of electronic ones and zeroes for my character made me very happy. ;) And no I am NOT ashamed or afraid to support this game that I have quickly grown to love. I am happy to do it, and it's my money that I've worked hard for, so anyone who complains can just STFU :p.

So in conclusion - this game is a keeper. I have never written any kind of post like this one, even for games that I have really loved. I know it's not perfect, but it is amazing, and I am grateful. I started my gaming career spans genres from fantasy, science fiction, western, superhero, steampunk, supernatural... I've played it all. But I started with Chainmail, and now I've come full circle. I'm home.

I'm going to don my asbestos snuggie now and watch the bonfire glow. But I'll just roast a weenie and grin, because I am thrilled with this game, and I have not enjoyed a game like this in at least 10 years.

Thank you.

-Breatha - the fat and sassy Dwarf

...now I just need to find a guild...
-Breatha, the fat and sassy Dwarf
Post edited by breatha on

Comments

• mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    Join The Guild Of Icewind Dale! were always looking for new recruits! Go to http://icewinddale.shivtr.com/
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the feedback! We're so excited to have you in our game! :)
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • mosnacky01mosnacky01 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mandodo69 wrote: »
    Join The Guild Of Icewind Dale! were always looking for new recruits! Go to http://icewinddale.shivtr.com/

It's bad form to post guild advertisements on the GC, it reflects poorly on your guild and we have a forum for that.
    No woman should marry before she has slain her tenth man.-:Vartha Do'Urden
  • stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Agreed with all of this. If there was a sub option, I'd be all over it.
  • faustasdmfaustasdm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yes, this game look really awesome.
    Artificer.jpg
  • sundrownersundrowner Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    WHAT!?!?

What game are you playing?
  • breathabreatha Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mosnacky01 wrote: »
    It's bad form to post guild advertisements on the GC, it reflects poorly on your guild and we have a forum for that.

Whoa. And your pedantic criticism rules out any that you may be a part of. Unless you're just rping your 'Drowness'. ;)
    edited April 2013
    sundrowner wrote: »
    WHAT!?!?

What game are you playing?

So disappointed. That's not worthy of a pot holder, let alone asbestos *sigh*
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Good post. I was going to post something like it letting them know that all aren't haters but I read yours and you worded everything nice no sense clogging the forums.

The game isn't perfect but they are working hard on it and will improve all that they can. All the whiners just need to quit as nothing productive comes from it. There is a difference between pointing out a bug/problem and constant complaining about every little thing. It's not a perfect world, the better the game turns out the better off all the employees will be and they understand that so they will do what they can.

I'm enjoying the game, I liked your post, and I'll probably grab a badger when I get home too as I've been checking them out.
    edited April 2013
    Thanks Beaghan1! I'm know that there are plenty of folks out there that are loving the game, it's just that the whiners always yell, and happy folks just keep playing. For a BETA this is really going well, even in the face of troubles with Open Beta today. That's what a Beta is for. :)
    edited May 2013
    ALSO:

Thank you for the Gateway!!! Often when I am not able to log in, I can still feel 'connected' by working on the auction, or a profession. Brilliant! Thank you!
  • smauztssmauzts Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agree with first post! I love it so far!

But please add servers for EU ;)

Regards, Smauzt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raugarraugar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    im having a blast too even though i Play the weakest class :D. really good game. some more improvments and it's going to be awesome
  • mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter has never looked this good... the city that is.

I was dissapointed at how they portrayed it in the first Neverwinter Nights game.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • harsiharsi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    breatha wrote: »

Graphics:

Holy cow, I can't praise this part of the game enough. I have been walking my character around and just gawking at the beauty of this world! There are gorgeous flowers, the architecture is astounding, the glens, and vales and water... It's just gorgeous. The detail is amazing. It takes my breath away, and I swear I cried a tear. ;)

ye i find myself looking at the lands realy often and i must say its realy nice. i have read some other Posts how ****y the graphics are but i cant see that. most of those ppl are always looking at the ground and not up. poor guys...
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3 currencies is a good thing, since when?
    Gold does nothing; can't convert it to AD or Zen.

Go back to your gaming history mate.
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Real quickly:

Foundry:
    A great way to keep things fresh. I got great XP out of the one I did last night, and a few items I could use. I love the rating system too. I just wonder, at 60(lvl cap), will there be any incentive at all to do these? Id like an answer to this!

10/10

Graphics:
    Eh, the graphics were OK, maybe a bit above OK. If you want astonishing graphics, see guild wars 2, or even Tera. To me, the graphics were slightly dated, especially the character models. The environmental graphics were even kind of...static and bland. Very pixelated. Only certain spots of gras swayed, bushes stood still.

Story:
    I havent played enough of the story yet, but it seems OK. From what I've experienced, it was good enough to compliment.

8/10

Currency:
    As long as there only remains the three currencies, and they dont saturate the game with tons of currencies, like SWTOR or GW2, I will be OK with it.

N/A

Races:
    Interesting races with tiefling, drow, halfling. Nice amount to choose from, although wood elf and elf look the same and most people choose human. I didnt see one orc.

8.5/10

Zen Shop:
    TBD. I like that I can obtain everything via playing the game, but that you can buy your gear through the shop infuriates me. Its not P2win but close to it. This would be the thing that destroys the game for me if they are not careful.

5/10
    edited May 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »
    3 currencies is a good thing, since when?
    Gold does nothing; can't convert it to AD or Zen.

Go back to your gaming history mate.

YYMV - but for me, it keeps things interesting. And I've lived gaming history, mate.
    edited May 2013
    cesmode8 wrote: »
    Real quickly:
    Zen Shop:
    TBD. I like that I can obtain everything via playing the game, but that you can buy your gear through the shop infuriates me. Its not P2win but close to it. This would be the thing that destroys the game for me if they are not careful.

5/10

FACT: Every company is in business to make money

FACT: A business will go out of business if they do not make money.

FACT: I love to game. I love THIS game, and I want this company to keep this game alive.

FACT: I did not have to spend 75 bucks to purchase the game. It is free.

FACT: They gotta make money somehow.

So I'm happy to spend money in the ZEN shop. I will most likely be one of the higher spenders in the game, cause I have a good job, and I have enough expendable income to spend as I like.

So - don't spend money in the ZEN shop. I will - so you're welcome, I'll be one of the many helping to support the game and keep it open. but do NOT begrudge me the things I purchase. I know that I'm doing it to keep the game alive.
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    YYMV - but for me, it keeps things interesting. And I've lived gaming history, mate.

i was referring to looking back to the games you've played and their currency systems, not an attack at you.
    edited May 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »
    i was referring to looking back to the games you've played and their currency systems, not an attack at you.

I apologize, sincerely. I'm being a jerk this morning because I had an 'incident' this morning with my teenager. Very sorry.

I know that SWG had some weird currency issues, but I like the astral diamonds, they seem a lot different to me.
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    FACT: Every company is in business to make money

FACT: A business will go out of business if they do not make money.

FACT: I love to game. I love THIS game, and I want this company to keep this game alive.

FACT: I did not have to spend 75 bucks to purchase the game. It is free.

FACT: They gotta make money somehow.

So I'm happy to spend money in the ZEN shop. I will most likely be one of the higher spenders in the game, cause I have a good job, and I have enough expendable income to spend as I like.

So - don't spend money in the ZEN shop. I will - so you're welcome, I'll be one of the many helping to support the game and keep it open. but do NOT begrudge me the things I purchase. I know that I'm doing it to keep the game alive.

Woah, calm down tiger. Didnt say much bad about the game. I have yet to see how the cash shop will shake out after a month or two in the game. Im not begrudging you.
  • az3ll3az3ll3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2013
    The game is overall enjoyable but I am not max level yet.

- Character creation has many options to choose from, that always makes me happy.
    - Graphics are detailed and the choice of colors are nice. I enjoy looking around and up where I quest.
    - The UI is fine, just annoying to have to alt to check details on a looted item before rolling for it.
    - I still need to find how to quickly change created channels, otherwise the chat is ok.
    - Seems like there is a lack of variety in the armor models.
    - Love the combat, it's active, visceral, all good.
    - Foundry is the best feature of the game!
    - The Gateway is great, I can craft while waiting in queue.
    - Animations are a bit choppy, the walk is not smooth like many other movements, feels artificial too much.
    - Feats, skills etc are too simplistic and linear.
    - Currencies are ok, 3 types is good to discourage farm bots.

Overall positive but not a huge WOOT. Still enjoyable. I am curious to see how the game will continue it's development.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sansin1303sansin1303 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    FACT: Loving this game.

Great post!
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to agree with the OP. The game is very fun and their are some amazing areas. The stories are well written too and even the same old boring kill quests seem to be a bit more entertaining than most other games. The game get much harder as you level and the world/stories become more engaging. The first 20-30 level are just there to teach you how to play. Then things start to get real.

Yes, I have a lot of wishes to my list on what most likely will come in the future.. more classes, races, MORE COMPANIONS, etc I think the Zen prices are a bit excessive, but I am sure their will be sales like every other F2P game.

With all that said I do agree being 204032 in the queus does suck... but its the first Open Beta and one of the tests is load. Which so far other than a little issue yesterday afternoon it has been a very smooth launch.
  • adamaantadamaant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To the OP: Great positive and thoughtful post. You will be accused of being a fanboi, but seeing as you are "old and cranky" Let's call you a "Fanpa"! LOL. I like to see people that like the game taking the time to post. Usually you just get complainers, trolls, and the occasional confused individual.
  • cihuacoatlcihuacoatl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    az3ll3 wrote: »
    The game is overall enjoyable but I am not max level yet.

- Character creation has many options to choose from, that always makes me happy.
    - Graphics are detailed and the choice of colors are nice. I enjoy looking around and up where I quest.
    - The UI is fine, just annoying to have to alt to check details on a looted item before rolling for it.
    - I still need to find how to quickly change created channels, otherwise the chat is ok.
    - Seems like there is a lack of variety in the armor models.
    - Love the combat, it's active, visceral, all good.
    - Foundry is the best feature of the game!
    - The Gateway is great, I can craft while waiting in queue.
    - Animations are a bit choppy, the walk is not smooth like many other movements, feels artificial too much.
    - Feats, skills etc are too simplistic and linear.
    - Currencies are ok, 3 types is good to discourage farm bots.

Overall positive but not a huge WOOT. Still enjoyable. I am curious to see how the game will continue it's development.

I hit level 48 yesterday and I have found a lot of different looks. The issues is this... you level so fast most of the looks come and go very quickly.

Most of the green items look the same there is a bit of difference but its minor (maybe 10 diffferent models). Like my boots now in game look normal... in character selection they actually have spiked toes... that you cannot see because of the locked camera and well I am a halfling. All the blue and higher items have different looks. I have arm bands now that make my hand look like wolf paws and had a mace (GF). I assume at 60 you'll have MUCH more options. I also assume that devs are planning on a LOT of costumes looks in the ZEN store. That we probably will see release every couple weeks.
    edited May 2013
    adamaant wrote: »
    To the OP: Great positive and thoughtful post. You will be accused of being a fanboi, but seeing as you are "old and cranky" Let's call you a "Fanpa"! LOL. I like to see people that like the game taking the time to post. Usually you just get complainers, trolls, and the occasional confused individual.

I am a Fangirl, or Fanma, as you have more realistically coined! ;) But I also an a Fanma of Star Wars, and I despise that new game. *shrug*

But I just want to fully disclose that I'm oft times very confused. I just never admit it. ;)
  • adamaantadamaant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am a Fangirl, or Fanma, as you have more realistically coined! ;) But I also an a Fanma of Star Wars, and I despise that new game. *shrug*

But I just want to fully disclose that I'm oft times very confused. I just never admit it. ;)
    Woops! Gender error noted. I'm the same, often lost and confused but a heck of a lot happier than the typical poster who should probably lay off the caffeine. They should take the forums down during server down time. People take out their frustration not being able to play and switch to "Forum Wars". I admit, I'm occasionally sucked in to them too.
  • lordquncagelordquncage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can agree with the most, but I can't really agree with what you say about the graphics. I've seen much better. The textures are detailed but the 3D models are very "edgy" so to say :P