Options

Why Neverwinter Wont Last Long

13»

Comments

• Options
    emaloreemalore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    kromzor wrote: »
    I'll tell you what is stupid though about this.

Its 4:30am EST... and there is a 3.5k person queue. Seriously?

I could understand after 5-6pm, and lasting for several hours... but who the hell is crashing the server at 4:30am? Really makes you wonder about the state of the servers if they can't handle **** at 4:30am.
    It's not their servers, it's their queue system. They are taking it down in the morning to fix the issue. You can read more here.
  • Options
    laeinilaeini Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The price of power is loneliness.
  • Options
    finalnickname1finalnickname1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Or maybe the game is soooo awesome that there are queues at 4:30am yeah did I just blow your mind? You ain't VIP clean this mess up!
  • Options
    kitsunefenrirkitsunefenrir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ssjrr wrote: »
    It's too bad humans don't have the ability to "predict" based on past game launches and stress tests conducted the possible problems that might arise.

If only humans had some way to look at evidence and plan ahead...

In real life you could predict someone would punch you for being an annoying <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, doesn't mean you'll be able to stop it from hitting you in your face just by knowing it's coming.~

I'm sure they planned ahead to some extent, just there's no exact way to pinpoint every issue and catch it beforehand. Other than queues it's been relatively smooth in my opinion.
  • Options
    ssjrrssjrr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oreoz2573 wrote: »
    terrible statement. You can't predict your target audience. It's impossible.

That's some high-quality logic. Of course target audiences are predicted all the time.

Be it Movie Releases, Game Releases, Concerts, Product Demand, etc. You tend to hear about the ones that miss the target badly though, like Neverwinter, like Sim City, etc. To say predicting your target audience is impossible is factually, 100% incorrect.
  • Options
    kromzorkromzor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xantris wrote: »
    The Australians...I'm pretty sure the servers are international as well. So basically everyone not in NA

Australians... Those guys ruin everything.

I need to see about sending a few crates of battle-hardened Emus over there to give them something else to do for awhile.
  • Options
    kelteelkelteel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kromzor wrote: »
    I'll tell you what is stupid though about this.

Its 4:30am EST... and there is a 3.5k person queue. Seriously?

I could understand after 5-6pm, and lasting for several hours... but who the hell is crashing the server at 4:30am? Really makes you wonder about the state of the servers if they can't handle **** at 4:30am.

In middle europe it is 10:30am on a holiday. Anymore stupid guesses about the servers?
  • Options
    tokiomamatokiomama Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ahh , games nowadays , even for the people who paid 200$ to play this game,is impossible. And somehow these people are ok with it. Well i guess this is why you get so much bs on the platter , you pay so much and then you are ok with everything not working , and not even being able to log in the game so i guess you deserve this since you are ok with paying and getting this instead. Wonder what would happen if you pay 200.000$ on a Lamborghini and then you get the car delivered home and it won't work when you try to start it , you would probably be ok with that too i mean , it's DAY 1 .. right? Most companies out there solve stuff like this out in the first "couple weeks" right? , but it's all ok , you just paid 200k$ , you don't necessarily have to have your item working.
    There are games who run for a couple years usually in open beta and some are still in open beta now after several years out , right? Anyone see a pattern here?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    In real life you could predict someone would punch you for being an annoying <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, doesn't mean you'll be able to stop it from hitting you in your face just by knowing it's coming.~

Cryptic had how much time to prepare..?

I think if I had that amount of time I could dodge the punch.
  • Options
    firejusticegafirejusticega Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if it really open beta , it would be free from the start not charge money.
    You all is just mis interpret about [open beta] marketing that create from facebook games nowadays.
    (You all see that facebook games always open beta) and that is no moral of them or set new standard .
    OPEN BETA = FAIL RELEASE for test server?
    If you release something like that in real life. It's hard to get reputation back.
    See, Simcity 5 and Diablo 3 . They lost faithful customer in long run ( they make money now but in future i think i do not want to pay for these games anymore)
  • Options
    riskorisko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cragarion wrote: »
    :( Neverwinter is doomed to fail,
    Paying customers can not get into the game or have to wait hours in a queue,
    without paying customers the company can not afford to keep the game running,
    i'm one of the founders who helped and "WAS" continuing to help to pay for this game so others can play it for free,
    well no more I've not been able to get back into the game since the launch of open beta,
    and wont spend another penny on this game until I can get into the game again without having to queue,
    I've been speaking with several other people who were continuing to support this game and they also say they are no longer willing to pay anything and a couple are already talking about quitting altogether :(.

Please PWE sort this out I really like this game and don't want to se it fail like so many others.

lol when this all sorts out others will come, and if they like the game and have the means they will pay for its premium content.
    pretty lame statement since other pay to play games had even more problems when entering open beta. I personally think that they did a good job.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tokiomama wrote: »
    Ahh , games nowadays , even for the people who paid 200$ to play this game,is impossible. And somehow these people are ok with it. Well i guess this is why you get so much bs on the platter , you pay so much and then you are ok with everything not working , and not even being able to log in the game so i guess you deserve this since you are ok with paying and getting this instead. Wonder what would happen if you pay 200.000$ on a Lamborghini and then you get the car delivered home and it won't work when you try to start it , you would probably be ok with that too i mean , it's DAY 1 .. right? Most companies out there solve stuff like this out in the first "couple weeks" right? , but it's all ok , you just paid 200k$ , you don't necessarily have to have your item working.
    There are games who run for a couple years usually in open beta and some are still in open beta now after several years out , right? Anyone see a pattern here?

To be fair I don't think the people who paid 200 bucks on the super-bundle are having significant delays and/or log-in problems.
  • Options
    finalnickname1finalnickname1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who cares what it is called. Call it beta call it launch call it super secret awesome lan party 5000 doesn't matter. It's a solid game that's having issues which will be solved in due time. Being butt hurt about it does nothing but make you look like a crying baby. Oh look there are millions of threads about how upset people are about the same thing.....hmmm better make one more right?
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's some high-quality logic. Of course target audiences are predicted all the time.

Be it Movie Releases, Game Releases, Concerts, Product Demand, etc. You tend to hear about the ones that miss the target badly though, like Neverwinter, like Sim City, etc. To say predicting your target audience is impossible is factually, 100% incorrect.

The SIZE of your target audience, is what I meant. Figured that'd be clear enough in this context. Guess not.

Movies flop all the time.
    So do products.

You can predict your target audience sure, but it's impossible to predict whether or not there isn't gonna be enough, or if there's gonna be too much (NWO, Sim City).
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ichbinichbin Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    oreoz2573 wrote: »

Movies flop all the time.
    So do products.

Im glade you finally understand the nature of the game.
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    cragarion wrote: »
    :( Neverwinter is doomed to fail,
    Paying customers can not get into the game or have to wait hours in a queue,
    without paying customers the company can not afford to keep the game running,
    i'm one of the founders who helped and "WAS" continuing to help to pay for this game so others can play it for free,
    well no more I've not been able to get back into the game since the launch of open beta,
    and wont spend another penny on this game until I can get into the game again without having to queue,
    I've been speaking with several other people who were continuing to support this game and they also say they are no longer willing to pay anything and a couple are already talking about quitting altogether :(.

Please PWE sort this out I really like this game and don't want to se it fail like so many others.

Naysayers say Nay...
  • Options
    naztrollnaztroll Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    Its dissapointing, I'm still kind of shocked that they didn't have the common sense to have some backup shards ready to go for this very reason. Well at least I was able to play around with the foundry tonight.
    18.jpg
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic had how much time to prepare..?

I think if I had that amount of time I could dodge the punch.

Make an MMO that can support hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions of players without any crashes or lag whatsoever and without wasting money.

Do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    naztroll wrote: »
    Its dissapointing, I'm still kind of shocked that they didn't have the common sense to have some backup shards ready to go for this very reason. Well at least I was able to play around with the foundry tonight.

that would be dumb because what if they didn't need them?

Waste of money.

Bad for business.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Closed.

The issues will be fixed tomorrow during the maintenance. There's no point in insulting and bickering like this.
This discussion has been closed.