What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why Neverwinter Wont Last Long

Comments

• ssjrrssjrr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oreoz2573 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say "fanboy."

Instead, I would say "person who understands the difficulties that come with managing a complicated piece of technical software and is also wise enough to predict, given the very nature of said software, that aforementioned difficulties may persist during opening stages of software's BETA."

It's in beta. It's been released sure, but that doesn't mean there won't be problems.

Why?

Because it's in Beta.

Complain all you want.

It's still in beta.

Whiny little boys who can't appreciate the work that goes into things like this are the people who refuse to acknowledge that fact. Probably because they're whiny little boys.

lol seriously?
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And furthermore, almost every MMO ever has had day 1 issues.

it comes with the territory.

So hush up.

Founders got their money's worth with 3-5 days of clean gameplay.

The rest of you may have to be a patient while the rest of the friggin world suddenly jumps in to try to play. Again, like every other MMO launch.

you forgot the part where they've been running beta weekends with supposed 'stress tests' and what not.

Working cash shop, broken game.
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ichbin wrote: »
    Brown-nosers and admins are making it really tough to get the truth out in these forums, for obvious reasons. I've been enjoying a plethora of other games far superior to this hunk of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I suggest everyone, but the HotNs, do the same. The $200 crowd is sadly stuck with this skeleton of a game (and absolutely not a real D&D game), but their pride is all there is to blame.

couldn't agree with you more <3
  • takigushitakigushi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This. I'm a Guardian too and I don't know what the fuss is all about. I'm a little disapointed by the queues? Yes, sure, I've spent 60 bucks to a game that I can't even play right away. But, on the other side, I was expecting this and some of my friends (we even have a HotN who refuses to play without us) arent paying at all for a founders (not everyone has the same income you know?) so we are mainly waiting for a little while until Cryptic and PW solve all these issues. It's not the best MMO lauch? Yup, not the best since we can't play, but that won't stop me from supporting both Cryptic and PW. I mean, Cmon, PW is a big MMO company they have to know what they are doing and I bet their offices are pretty chaotic right now since setuping more servers arent an easy task.

So be patient for a while and everything will be ok. Have faith on both devs, not even Blizzard the god of MMO's and Online games escaped from the fate of "Day One Launch Plague".

Just a hint, if you are looking something to play while waiting for things to stabilize I can strongly recomend Farcry 3: Blood Dragon. Seriously it's EPIC!

Cheers for all the devs out there! You guys can make it!
    edited May 2013

So hush up.

The rest of you may have to be a patient while the rest of the friggin world suddenly jumps in to try to play. Again, like every other MMO launch.

Wait, right above you called this a BETA. Yet now you compare it to "day 1 issues?"

I'm pretty sure you just contradicted yourself there. A game can't have day 1 problems if it isn't released...
  • xodthemanxodtheman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't say "fanboy."

Instead, I would say "person who understands the difficulties that come with managing a complicated piece of technical software and is also wise enough to predict, given the very nature of said software, that aforementioned difficulties may persist during opening stages of software's BETA."

It's in beta. It's been released sure, but that doesn't mean there won't be problems.

Why?

Because it's in Beta.

Complain all you want.

It's still in beta.

Whiny little boys who can't appreciate the work that goes into things like this are the people who refuse to acknowledge that fact. Probably because they're whiny little boys.

You have no idea what you're talking about, the same goes for the guy above me "ssjrr", this must be your first F2P MMO. 90% of F2P mmo's today NEVER even leave the "Open Beta" status. They keep it there, just so they will always have something to blame problems on, and also let fanboys blame problems on something. People must really be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to think that this game will ever leave the "Open Beta" tag.It doesn't happen in F2P games, it hasn't happened for well more than 5 years.
    /Xodi, leader of Bandits guild

Induction ID: 4100150G070804082002110S3e3fb2
    Use it when you make a new char, get free VIP-items and friendadd me and I'll help w/ questions you may have and such. [US EAST SERVER ONLY]
  • oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »
    you forgot the part where they've been running beta weekends with supposed 'stress tests' and what not.

Followed closely by a whiny boy who doesn't understand how the world works.

Game's fine btw. The queue is the biggest issue atm and will most likely be resolved inside a week. Most patient people get on inside an hour's wait and play fine so you're still wrong here.

GW2 had problems like this as well.

Like the mmo before it.

And the one before that....

and before that.....

And the cash shop works because it's run through the perfect world network, which doesn't have to worry about server crashes. Not really much to do with the infrastructure of the game it's featured in.

DERP.

Btw, this is beta.

This IS the stress test. Cry more.
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • emaloreemalore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »

No stress test will ever match the day 1 rush of a highly anticipated MMO, especially a free one.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    first of all - why the hell are you wasting your time telling everybody how crappy you find the game but still stay here instead of just moving to something that you like - are you that desperate for a little attention? and secondly - please stopp with the argument "this is not a true dnd game" cause they only thing you show is that you have ABSOLUTLY NO idea of what dnd is about and you should do every dnd player a favor and burn your stuff - dnd was never about RULES and the strict adherence to that or any other crapp - even dnd does change its lore and rules on a frequent basis - dnd is about A) delving into adventures with your friends in B) worlds/quests you can imagine, create and expand on - and EXACTLY that delivers neverwinter

is the game perfect? HELL NO, there are a lot of things that can and will be improved over time, but god **** it i havent seen such a high production value for a game in EVER - im hitting lvl 40 and i havent spendt ONE DIME of my money so far...so i ****ing like this ****
    edited May 2013
    xodtheman wrote: »
    You have no idea what you're talking about, the same goes for the guy above me "ssjrr",

... how do I not know what I'm talking about?
  • naughtylilgirlnaughtylilgirl Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it last.
  • oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ssjrr wrote: »
    Wait, right above you called this a BETA. Yet now you compare it to "day 1 issues?"

I'm pretty sure you just contradicted yourself there. A game can't have day 1 problems if it isn't released...

quit picking my words apart in order to back your weak argument.

Day one of open beta or day one of a release. It's all the same and comes with the same expectations.

Well, expectations of intelligent reasonable people anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iluuroiluuro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    costas555 wrote: »
    ^ This. Stop being spoiled brats. Beta is not for you to play, beta is to point out errors so the final product can be better. If you're so eager to flame use that energy to make suggestions how this game can become better. It's a free game, you don't get to complain.

You do realize that since there will be no character wipe this isn't a traditional beta? It is the launch, but PW use the title "open beta" as a shelter so they can finish the game while customers are paying to play it - at least if they choose to do so. Also free to play games are players in the exact same market as the monthly subscription games, so of course you can complain if you're not satisfied with it. Besides that OP might be a little to fast with his predictions, most launches have lag and login issues - that doesn't mean the game will fail.
    When I first beheld the new world
    I was bewildered and could not help myself
    from gazing at the heavens in awe.

http://www.redskiesrpg.com
    edited May 2013
    emalore wrote: »
    No stress test will ever match the day 1 rush of a highly anticipated MMO, especially a free one.

It's too bad humans don't have the ability to "predict" based on past game launches and stress tests conducted the possible problems that might arise.

If only humans had some way to look at evidence and plan ahead...
    edited May 2013
    xodtheman wrote: »
    You have no idea what you're talking about, the same goes for the guy above me "ssjrr", this must be your first F2P MMO. 90% of F2P mmo's today NEVER even leave the "Open Beta" status. They keep it there, just so they will always have something to blame problems on, and also let fanboys blame problems on something. People must really be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to think that this game will ever leave the "Open Beta" tag.It doesn't happen in F2P games, it hasn't happened for well more than 5 years.

and 110% of all statistics are made up soooo your point?

If I bothered to google it I could probably find 5 F2P mmos that contradict your statement.

Just as well you could probably find 5 more that back it.

so we're back to square one.

It's not my first F2P mmo btw, but I'm not close minded either. I treat each one independently of what ones before it have done.

Probably cuz i'm not a pessimist.

or a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    It's too bad humans don't have the ability to "predict" based on past game launches and stress tests conducted the possible problems that might arise.

Do you honestly believe that companies don't attempt to have a stable service on their first day? That they don't pour over countless estimations and calculations from beta weekends, social media trends, 3rd party website activity and a plethora of other data sources?

It doesn't matter how much they prepare, no company will ever have a flawless launch of a highly anticipated MMO.
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm gonna make some wicked dungeons as a DM!
  • powersoulpowersoul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you honestly believe that companies don't attempt to have a stable service on their first day? That they don't pour over countless estimations and calculations from beta weekends, social media trends, 3rd party website activity and a plethora of other data sources?

It doesn't matter how much they prepare, no company will ever have a flawless launch of a highly anticipated MMO.

While I agree with you, is this really highly anticipated?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013

terrible statement. You can't predict your target audience. It's impossible.

You think NWO should've prepared for WoW levels of activity because that's what happened in the past?

Talk about a giant potential waste of resources.

No developer will ever overcompensate to ensure server stability.

You risk losing money on resources you won't need.

Bad for business.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013

So hush up.

quit picking my words apart in order to back your weak argument.

Day one of open beta or day one of a release. It's all the same and comes with the same expectations.

Well, expectations of intelligent reasonable people anyway.

You compared the game to Day 1 issues, and at the bottom of the your post you compared it to an "MMO launch."

Ask 100 people want an MMO "Launch" is and I bet the majority of them are going to say "Official Release Day." Add to that the comment about "Day 1 issues" and I think 99% are going to agree those two phrases indicate a game that has officially been released.

Your comment about intelligent and reasonable people pretty much backs you into even more of a corner than the one you walked yourself into.
    edited May 2013
    iluuro wrote: »
    You do realize that since there will be no character wipe this isn't a traditional beta? It is the launch, but PW use the title "open beta" as a shelter so they can finish the game while customers are paying to play it - at least if they choose to do so. Also free to play games are players in the exact same market as the monthly subscription games, so of course you can complain if you're not satisfied with it. Besides that OP might be a little to fast with his predictions, most launches have lag and login issues - that doesn't mean the game will fail.

"finish the game while customers are paying to play it......"

Every MMO ever?

Nothing new here. Game runs fine when you're in too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kromzorkromzor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    erlucius wrote: »
    Another one who didn't get the meaning of OPEN BETA...seriously.

Fanboy who doesn't know anything about marketing.

Sadly this is a new trend. Calling things "BETA" to avoid criticism.

Yesterday was launch day. There is nothing Beta about this game. Open Beta was what we've had the past month where people just paid to get in. Which again, is marketing.
    edited May 2013
    powersoul wrote: »
    While I agree with you, is this really highly anticipated?
    Extremely. It got most anticipated MMO of pax east '13, and has been followed by all of the major game news sites since it was announced.
  • finalnickname1finalnickname1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Need more crying my cup is running out of tears. It's a shame to have to wait with all the poor people right? right? hahahha
  • kromzorkromzor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll tell you what is stupid though about this.

Its 4:30am EST... and there is a 3.5k person queue. Seriously?

I could understand after 5-6pm, and lasting for several hours... but who the hell is crashing the server at 4:30am? Really makes you wonder about the state of the servers if they can't handle **** at 4:30am.
  • xantrisxantris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cragarion wrote: »
    :( Neverwinter is doomed to fail,
    Paying customers can not get into the game or have to wait hours in a queue,
    without paying customers the company can not afford to keep the game running,
    i'm one of the founders who helped and "WAS" continuing to help to pay for this game so others can play it for free,
    well no more I've not been able to get back into the game since the launch of open beta,
    and wont spend another penny on this game until I can get into the game again without having to queue,
    I've been speaking with several other people who were continuing to support this game and they also say they are no longer willing to pay anything and a couple are already talking about quitting altogether :(.

Please PWE sort this out I really like this game and don't want to se it fail like so many others.

Wanna bet your paycheck on that?
    edited May 2013

Exactly. No matter how much they prepare, it's far easier for them to undershoot and add what's needed than to be in good supply of what's needed at possible extra costs.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had the data that predicted this might happen but did nothing with it. Regardless, did they run out to the local Serves R US Store and grab some Servers to add to the ones being flooded right now? I do wonder if they even had the hardware to fix these problems in the first place.
  • xantrisxantris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kromzor wrote: »

I could understand after 5-6pm, and lasting for several hours... but who the hell is crashing the server at 4:30am? Really makes you wonder about the state of the servers if they can't handle **** at 4:30am.

The Australians...I'm pretty sure the servers are international as well. So basically everyone not in NA
    edited May 2013
    kromzor wrote: »

There's Oceanics, Europeans and martians.
    Server queues are self imposed by Cryptic/PWE.
    edited May 2013
    You compared the game to Day 1 issues, and at the bottom of the your post you compared it to an "MMO launch."

Ask 100 people want an MMO "Launch" is and I bet the majority of them are going to say "Official Release Day." Add to that the comment about "Day 1 issues" and I think 99% are going to agree those two phrases indicate a game that has officially been released.

Your comment about intelligent and reasonable people pretty much backs you into even more of a corner than the one you walked yourself into.

Fortunately the opinions of those 100 people are completely irrelevant to those held by the developer as far as what kind of launch April 30th was.

I'm not really backed into a corner here either. This is a forum, not a prison cell. I can just leave if I wish -___-

Intelligent and reasonable people are the ones who know to expect issues like this whether it's day one of open beta or day one of official launch.
    Sure it's been released to the masses.

Sure, maybe they are calling it an open beta to hide behind.

But that doesn't make it any less of a beta does it?

You and those 100 people WANT to call it the actual launch so you can hide behind an excuse to HATE.

See what I did thar?

Intelligent and reasonable people are laughing at you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.