test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guardian of Neverwinter should get queue priority!

mrlee9569mrlee9569 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
If I shell out $60 for a game I feel that people should get queue priority.

I have logged into Neverwinter twice now and have waited an hour just to play. Why would I pay $60 to wait and play a game when i could just move on to another game?

I really want to like Neverwinter, but this just irks the hell outta me.
Post edited by mrlee9569 on

Comments

• Options
    ordainedoneordainedone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You realize... That some of these f2p players have spent 500$+ already? W/o buying either of those packs. Should they get priority too? Also, relax, in a week the servers will be low population and you won't have to worry. Also, there is tons of threads about this already.
  • Options
    draxionasdraxionas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like the game (iff the performance is fixed again), but i think they could have included the bag of holding, all the other packs have that and its very usefull :-)
  • Options
    dreamo1984dreamo1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You should have read the description of what you get.
  • Options
    ashleyaddictionashleyaddiction Member Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they give priority to a majority, is it priority?
  • Options
    powersoulpowersoul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dreamo1984 wrote: »
    You should have read the description of what you get.

He didn't say he bought it.

Possibly in the same boat as me. I have not bought Guardian pack but I probably would if I could get that little extra push that is queue dodging. *shrug* PWE's loss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dreamo1984dreamo1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    powersoul wrote: »

Possibly in the same boat as me. I have not bought Guardian pack but I probably would if I could get that little extra push that is queue dodging. *shrug* PWE's loss.

You actually just prove a good point. That $60 is accessible enough that if they did give priority there might be so many people already with it or buying it now that nobody would have priority access anymore.

Example: If I own a club and theres 100 people in line waiting to get in I can only let in 20 though. I call out everyone willing to give me $100 right now can come in before the others. 10 people do it and get in. Then I say, alright everyone who gives me $30 can skip ahead too. Now 80 people agree to give me $30...ok I can't let you all in yet sorry.
  • Options
    ashleyaddictionashleyaddiction Member Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited May 2013

My friend is in the exact same position, if it offered queue jumping, he'd buy it... but I seriously doubt they'll add it in now.
  • Options
    mierynmieryn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I generally don't mind queues and expect them in the first week or so of any new MMO, but the queue needs to be set at logging in to character select and NOT after you've chosen your character. Switching to an alt is impossible at the moment.

Another gripe is the fact that it's an off peak time (9.30am in the UK) and I am in a queue of 3000!!
  • Options
    fafaleouffafaleouf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes I agree we should get priority over someone who spent nothing.
  • Options
    powersoulpowersoul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dreamo1984 wrote: »
    You actually just prove a good point. That $60 is accessible enough that if they did give priority there might be so many people already with it or buying it now that nobody would have priority access anymore.

Example: If I own a club and theres 100 people in line waiting to get in I can only let in 20 though. I call out everyone willing to give me $100 right now can come in before the others. 10 people do it and get in. Then I say, alright everyone who gives me $30 can skip ahead too. Now 80 people agree to give me $30...ok I can't let you all in yet sorry.

Well, I doubt it would really be that case. $200 is quite the trusting investment, but most people are too cheap to throw even $60 at games anymore, especially when you don't have to lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    finalnickname1finalnickname1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love the tears they taste so good. We need more threads crying over queues. You have to wait with the poor and cheap people :) we'll keep you company!
  • Options
    excessiondndexcessiondnd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Priority isnt the issue with the queue, it is the queue itself that is the issue.

Right now, there is a queue, and it should not be there.
    It is 9.40 AM UTC, which means most of the EU is at work, and most of the US will be sleeping.
    So why is there a queue right now that is making us wait at least 30 minutes to get into the game?
    PW/Cryptic need to sort out the server hardware, increase the capacity, as if there is a queue now, at the weekend it will be much, much worse.
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mrlee9569 wrote: »

I have logged into Neverwinter twice now and have waited an hour just to play. Why would I pay $60 to wait and play a game when i could just move on to another game?

Personally I paid for early access and I got it and it was great. not laggy no queues. now its gone to open"beta" release its got a queue but who cares. Its got some issues but who cares as it will stabilise. When you and I bought the pack it didn't say priority queue anywhere. Get over it. You me and everyone else cant have ignored when they said its open beta. You know its gonna have some problems and now it has soo much whine.... Next people will be asking I bought the pack I should get blah blah blah.
  • Options
    ironleppuironleppu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    finalnickname1finalnickname1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    Personally I paid for early access and I got it and it was great. not laggy no queues. now its gone to open"beta" release its got a queue but who cares. Its got some issues but who cares as it will stabilise. When you and I bought the pack it didn't say priority queue anywhere. Get over it. You me and everyone else cant have ignored when they said its open beta. You know its gonna have some problems and now it has soo much whine.... Next people will be asking I bought the pack I should get blah blah blah.

*does slow clap*

Amen
  • Options
    zorpennzorpenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    most of the EU is at work

Nope. We have our "Labour Day" (i believe US has it on the first monday of september). So we dont work today.
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ironleppu wrote: »

Seriously posting that is just childish everybody knows by now it jumps up to stupid numbers and down the lower number is the real queue and that keeps dropping.

People are gonna call me a fanboi or company rep but im not its just the whining is so painful and the attempts the trash the product affect the potential of people who want it to stick around and succeed.
  • Options
    kitsunefenrirkitsunefenrir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd prefer they do something about queues in general which hopefully will be addressed soon, could care less if early access guardians aren't able to get in. To begin with most people could see this coming a mile away and didn't expect to have a flawless day of play again anyways.
  • Options
    ticcyticcy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with most of you, though giving the priority to queue jump for Guardians would indeed bring more $ in, I'm sure of it. Not everyone has that kind of money to spend on a game. So dreamo1984, I do completely understand where you're coming from, but not all of us have a job and are willing to spend our money on something lets say 'less' important in our lives, right? I'm just lucky enough to have a very loving mother. Do you see my point of view? Fair enough I see your point mate, but you've got to bare in mind we did still pay for the game, and are having to wait an hour or more, just to login! Surely that isn't right? Let's hope the numbers die down soon, or else it looks like they'll have to be upgrading servers.
    - ticcy
    Emporium Leader
  • Options
    mrlee9569mrlee9569 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    idn't s

Pretty much this.
  • Options
    notdrizztnotdrizzt Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    fafaleouf wrote: »
    yes I agree we should get priority over someone who spent nothing.

No offense but I would be pissed if that happened. The only reason I bough HOTN was for the q priority. Our Panther is worse than your wolf and our spider looks lamer than your epic horse. However we do get q priority, and are the only pack to get this.

It needs to stay this way or we also need to get your horse and wolf as bonuses.
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It doesn't matter anymore. There aren't any queues and if there is at busy times it's not for long.
  • Options
    watchyourbackwatchyourback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    notdrizzt wrote: »
    No offense but I would be pissed if that happened. The only reason I bough HOTN was for the q priority. Our Panther is worse than your wolf and our spider looks lamer than your epic horse. However we do get q priority, and are the only pack to get this.

It needs to stay this way or we also need to get your horse and wolf as bonuses.

so you paid 200$ just for Que priority that will be nil??? very wise decision....account noted.
  • Options
    notdrizztnotdrizzt Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    so you paid 200$ just for Que priority that will be nil??? very wise decision....account noted.

I paid for the Drow, the Panther, and the queue. However, the Panther is completely useless compared to other companions, and in a few days everyone can make a Drow. Hopefully they will make it cost some Zen and not be free, and the way they are doing things now - I am SURE it will cost, and cost a lot.
  • Options
    malformedspheremalformedsphere Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

HEHEHE you made me spill my morning tea over may laptop keyboard after I read you bought it for the queue

LOL oh my ribs.

fool :)
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Hindsight bias.
    If you paid $200 solely for queue priority, you're a fool. Sorry, no arguments, no defense, no excuse. You're a straight up dingus.
    Also you had no idea the panther would suck, and it may improve. The AI for all companions is being worked on.
    And I think you'll be hard pressed to find many people agree with your Horse > Spider comment.

You see, I don't care either way. If I got priority, cool. If not, oh well. But to be actively upset if other people got queue priority -a factor of the HoN pack that has decidedly zero monetary value- is just idiotic.

A moot point regardless since the queues have vanished.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    benjaminmsbenjaminms Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh, QQing. Shed some more tears... I'll feed it to the Yuan-Ti, they delight in the tears of crybabies (and then love to eat the crybabies afterwards for a snack).

If this were an P2P which went F2P - you'd have some point if they didn't give you priority if you'd have an active sub.
    But for this, just because you have bought some pack? Laughable...
    nezerol_6601.jpg
  • Options
    k3m3d0k3m3d0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We need more Shards, not more priorities..

Just saying...
    [SIGPIC]Oromeh@k3m3d0[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sandolphansandolphan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mrlee9569 wrote: »

You did not "shell" out money for a game, the game was free. You bought a bundle of digital goods which did not include queue priority.

Now get in line behind me!
  • Options
    rohk007rohk007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they just need to have the priority of hero, guardian , FTP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]