test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why Neverwinter Wont Last Long

cragarioncragarion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
:( Neverwinter is doomed to fail,
Paying customers can not get into the game or have to wait hours in a queue,
without paying customers the company can not afford to keep the game running,
i'm one of the founders who helped and "WAS" continuing to help to pay for this game so others can play it for free,
well no more I've not been able to get back into the game since the launch of open beta,
and wont spend another penny on this game until I can get into the game again without having to queue,
I've been speaking with several other people who were continuing to support this game and they also say they are no longer willing to pay anything and a couple are already talking about quitting altogether :(.

Please PWE sort this out I really like this game and don't want to se it fail like so many others.
Post edited by cragarion on

Comments

• l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Thread titles like these don't help.
  • ordainedoneordainedone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I paid 55 cents for a bag of popcorn to read threads like this.
  • guthan333911guthan333911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't see this queue issue lasting much longer. The game just released today, and like most MMOs there's issues that usually get fixed within a week.
  • emaloreemalore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    Guardian packs were never guaranteed queue priority, Hero packs were. Day 1 queues for highly anticipated MMOs are always high, and always go down over the first week. Expecting a perfect launch of an MMO is just asking to be disappointed.
  • bluerain17bluerain17 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL seriously dude we are in open BETA.
  • erluciuserlucius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 213 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    cragarion wrote: »
    i'm one of the founders who helped and "WAS" continuing to help to pay for this game so others can play it for free,
    well no more I've not been able to get back into the game since the launch of open beta,
    and wont spend another penny on this game until I can get into the game again without having to queue,
    I've been speaking with several other people who were continuing to support this game and they also say they are no longer willing to pay anything and a couple are already talking about quitting altogether :(.

Please PWE sort this out I really like this game and don't want to se it fail like so many others.
    Another one who didn't get the meaning of OPEN BETA...seriously.
  • rhadagast1rhadagast1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013

I must have missed where guardian packs got to jump to the front of the line.
  • darknight0354darknight0354 Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013

Are you seriously complaining about queues on the first day of open beta? Is this your first MMO? Every single MMO that has ever launched has had this issue. Actually most MMO's aren't even playable on the first day due to numerous amounts of issues. Be glad this one is going smoothly and the worst thing you have to do is wait 5 minutes to get into the game.
  • powersoulpowersoul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Description of the pack is there, and you paid for it. Simple isn't it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /thread

Seriously, let this one die.
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    beta doesnt mean extortion via cash shops and limitations on what you can and cant do without either grinding for a month or spending real cash.
    Zen/AD shouldve been an after thought, introduced further down the track once stability/performance/ui tweaks we're implemented perfectly.
  • guthan333911guthan333911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    erlucius wrote: »

bluerain17 wrote: »
    LOL seriously dude we are in open BETA.

Can pay real money for items/services in game. No character wipes from this point on.

The game is released. The "Open Beta" tag is completely irrelevant.
  • asmodeuswinsasmodeuswins Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OP never did anything meaningful in his life, so he doesn't know how it is to make a mistake. Plz ban for spreading defeatism.
  • nexxisssnexxisss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I find it funny that half the players think this is release. Its open beta, at least I think it is. Good job Cryptic, no one knows WTF is going on.
  • bluerain17bluerain17 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I personally would of been pissed.
  • akikisaragiakikisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You didn't pay to skip the queue, just to get further up in line. Relax.
  • rhadagast1rhadagast1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    Can pay real money for items/services in game. No character wipes from this point on.

Yes, the open beta tag is irrelevant, but it is also the first day of launch. It's been stated elsewhere, all MMO's with the same level of anticipation as this one have queues.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Every MMO I ever played, except UO in '97, had queues, and honestly, most had MUCH longer queues, crashed every hour, and had long downtimes every day. I don't even remember how many rollbacks I suffered in WoW when it launched. Neverwinter never lost any progress.

If anything, the massive interest in the game (which is what those queues signal) means the game will last.:)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • costas555costas555 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    erlucius wrote: »

^ This. Stop being spoiled brats. Beta is not for you to play, beta is to point out errors so the final product can be better. If you're so eager to flame use that energy to make suggestions how this game can become better. It's a free game, you don't get to complain.
  • dreamo1984dreamo1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You didn't pay to skip the queue, just to get further up in line. Relax.

Actually he's a Guardian so he doesn't get to skip ahead. And I have the HOTN and personally every time I logged in I didn't even see a queue let alone wait. This is while my brothers were both waiting 15-30minutes in the queue. So I could have just been lucky but it really seemed to just push me right in.
  • emaloreemalore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »
    beta doesnt mean extortion via cash shops and limitations on what you can and cant do without either grinding for a month or spending real cash.
    Zen/AD shouldve been an after thought, introduced further down the track once stability/performance/ui tweaks we're implemented perfectly.
    Game developers and producers are companies, companies have to have their bottom line as their first priority. Expecting them to produce and release a F2P game with absolutely no way to make a profit off of it is ridiculous.
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

so true. Try explaining that to the asskissers/fanboys.
  • oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yeah um....you can't perfect stability and performance without a big enough testing group.

Namely....us.

And Zen/AD is how they make money so it's kinda important that they have that there while the aforementioned "perfection" is being worked towards.

Extortion implies that there is no real choice in the matter. You have a choice. Noone forces you to pay money. So it's not extortion.

Everyone has a different definition of grinding but a combination of the Foundry, and dailies ensures that you can build up a really good amount of AD without doing old content sooooo yeah.

In short, your post makes zero sense.
    Also, you're impatient.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • costas555costas555 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yes you can, but it's optional. They don't ask you money in order to play. The money is the irrelevant part, not the Beta.
  • kilobiterkilobiter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, really? I think this is one of the better FREE games I have played.
    Shenilie Shadowfoot
    Rogues - So you won't set off every trap in the dungeon.....
    edited May 2013

I wouldn't say "fanboy."

Instead, I would say "person who understands the difficulties that come with managing a complicated piece of technical software and is also wise enough to predict, given the very nature of said software, that aforementioned difficulties may persist during opening stages of software's BETA."

It's in beta. It's been released sure, but that doesn't mean there won't be problems.

Why?

Because it's in Beta.

Complain all you want.

It's still in beta.

Whiny little boys who can't appreciate the work that goes into things like this are the people who refuse to acknowledge that fact. Probably because they're whiny little boys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Dude, I paid as well and unlike you I am aware that this is still BETA, people won't quit over stuff like this.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
    edited May 2013

And furthermore, almost every MMO ever has had day 1 issues.

it comes with the territory.

So hush up.

Founders got their money's worth with 3-5 days of clean gameplay.

The rest of you may have to be a patient while the rest of the friggin world suddenly jumps in to try to play. Again, like every other MMO launch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ichbinichbin Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Brown-nosers and admins are making it really tough to get the truth out in these forums, for obvious reasons. I've been enjoying a plethora of other games far superior to this hunk of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I suggest everyone, but the HotNs, do the same. The $200 crowd is sadly stuck with this skeleton of a game (and absolutely not a real D&D game), but their pride is all there is to blame.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    one thing is for sure, this thread will last a lot less long than neverwinter will
This discussion has been closed.