test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Epic win :3

nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just wanted to say to the devs epic win with this game ( launch day issues aside :P ). Best Cryptic game ever ( yeah better than that one that shut :P ) ....and if any one wants to disagree with me I have this to say ....

sIau8SjiDknslxwbfaZJZlkCo1_500.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah..it's pretty amazing how the game is literally jammed packed with people and no one is complaining in chat...come to the forums and it's the worst game ever made. ;)
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    sinbornsinborn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game makes me anachronistic as hell about STO and CO though.

Like, why can't CO be as punchy as NW? WHYYYYY.
  • Options
    deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited May 2013
    Why don't we have a berserker cat class that pushes water melons Q.Q Other then the fact it would be OP
  • Options
    dzonnydzonny Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My reaction to how good this game is:

from 0:56 to 1:12
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-Q2djOnNSE&t=0m56s
  • Options
    stealthclown4stealthclown4 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bumpity bumpy
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sinborn wrote: »
    This game makes me anachronistic as hell about STO and CO though.

Like, why can't CO be as punchy as NW? WHYYYYY.

Atari forced Cryptic to rush both those games where PW gave Cryptic extra time to polish Neverwinter and it shows. STO is good. CO is busted beyond repair due to the rush job (still a fun game mind ).
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    The people who are playing and enjoying the game aren't on the forums ;)

Riddle Solved.

Glad you're enjoying the game though nepht!
    But do tone down on the memes. ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Atari forced Cryptic to rush both those games where PW gave Cryptic extra time to polish Neverwinter and it shows. STO is good. CO is busted beyond repair due to the rush job (still a fun game mind ).

Very true, I have been saying that since STO and CO launched and anyone could tell given the quality of CoH and the horrible launches of CO and STO...the real Cryptic was able to show up again because they had a publisher that gave a ****.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Riddle Solved.

Glad you're enjoying the game though nepht!
    But do tone down on the memes. ;)

I take exception to that sir :P

The game rocks (for the most part) yet here I am...of course I have been here for a "bit"
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    You, Nepht and me. At least in this thread.
    Me not by choice. :D

There's a few more content players and there, though. Lot's of great posts and happy players mixed in the slop. Certainly room for improvement, and launch was less than smooth...
    But it wouldn't be an MMO launch without hiccups. Haha.
  • Options
    avivvvavivvv Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the only MMO that go smooth on first day was GW2 . queue 95k yay :)
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

I'm here! ;)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    jackcutlassjackcutlass Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Thats because hey're afraid to leave the game due to the queue.
    (Sorry couldnt resist the joke. But I'm in that queue!):p
  • Options
    highdivelowlifehighdivelowlife Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah, i am actually blown away by Neverwinter. i can't help but wonder what it would have been like as their original idea of the game was to be a co-op//CRPG. i'm just sick of the whole MMO//F2P monikers, implementations etc...

i was a big fan of NWN2 and the x-packs. when i 1st heard of neverwinter years back, before PW even got involved, i was so stoked!!!

i'm loving the game so far and cant wait to delve more, cheers to all who are enjoying the Realms again!!!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Bastet now!

Great game, indeed. That is all.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yeah, i am actually blown away by Neverwinter. i can't help but wonder what it would have been like as their original idea of the game was to be a co-op//CRPG. i'm just sick of the whole MMO//F2P monikers, implementations etc...

i was a big fan of NWN2 and the x-packs. when i 1st heard of neverwinter years back, before PW even got involved, i was so stoked!!!

i'm loving the game so far and cant wait to delve more, cheers to all who are enjoying the Realms again!!!

Sadly due to Atari it would have been...bad.
    One of the biggest reasons Cryptic got sold to PWE was because Atari was pushing the game in a baaaaad direction.
    Literal trash. :(

But MMO's provide a lot of great aspects as well as the bad.
    For instance, Foundry can't support player made models and textures...but unlike NWN 1 and 2 this game will be supported by the developers for years to come with frequent updates.

Being an MMO is different, but I have yet to feel it was a bad choice.
  • Options
    tremayne3tremayne3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    avivvv wrote: »
    the only MMO that go smooth on first day was GW2 . queue 95k yay :)
    GW2 launch was smooth unless you actually wanted to buy or sell something on the trading post - as I recall it took nearly a week before that was actually working reliably. Rift had a pretty smooth launch, but that really is the exception.

Speaking as someone who puts large, real-time, customer-facing systems live for a living, there are always hiccups. The guys whining on forums are just displaying the fact that they've never done any job more complicated than "would you like fries with that?" :)
  • Options
    tonyacttonyact Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Same - I kinda like STO but am loving this so far.
  • Options
    pwthebestpwthebest Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    Yeah..it's pretty amazing how the game is literally jammed packed with people and no one is complaining in chat...come to the forums and it's the worst game ever made. ;)

That's because everyone in the game chat can actually enter the game :p
  • Options
    desthatdesthat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Very nice game so far for me. Last on the launch and queue for the first week is for me normal since we since are in open beta.

One of the best mmo launch in the past years (and i play since the first mmorpg in europe so i have seen lots of launch).
  • Options
    turkman84turkman84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like it, but I don't like that it's f2p. Should have been a b2p game with a subscription. I loathe cashshops...especially with such heavy pricetags as this one :(
  • Options
    zkitzor123zkitzor123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    This launch was so ****ed up in my position. Bought Guardian pack 26.4 (1 day before 3-day headstart), didnt get past the last obstacle (display name to redeem founders pack), 3-day headstart gone. Basically they have robbed me for 56euros, yes i was charged 56euros, thats way more than 60usd and i cant even get my guardian pack items wich sucks totally and my ticket was answered at last and they just said "we dont see any problem you logging in right now". YES RIGHT NOW BECAUSE OPEN BETA IS ALREADY OPENED FOR EVERYONE! For **** sake.
  • Options
    powersoulpowersoul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    turkman84 wrote: »
    I like it, but I don't like that it's f2p. Should have been a b2p game with a subscription. I loathe cashshops...especially with such heavy pricetags as this one :(

Welcome to PWE. You have to know that the economy is not quite set yet. I'm assuming that like with their other games, there's an active in-game currency trading system with cash shop currency. So that players can buy cash shop items with in game currency. In a lot of cases there will be people who buy cash shop currency with real money just for the purpose of trading it for in-game currency, so that the value of the cash shop currency isn't exactly based on the items in the cash shop itself.

This is all assuming that it's like other PWE games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lottiemclottiemc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tremayne3 wrote: »
    GW2 launch was smooth unless you actually wanted to buy or sell something on the trading post - as I recall it took nearly a week before that was actually working reliably. Rift had a pretty smooth launch, but that really is the exception.

Speaking as someone who puts large, real-time, customer-facing systems live for a living, there are always hiccups. The guys whining on forums are just displaying the fact that they've never done any job more complicated than "would you like fries with that?" :)

There were other issues with the GW2 release. It took me at least a week (and, if I'm remembering correctly, closer to two) because I couldn't even log in when the game went live.
    I had to put in a support ticket and wait out the time it took for the GMs / Customer Support to get back to me and then fix it which required a couple of back and forth emails. I don't remember exactly what the issue was (I'd have to go in and check email and it's too darn late at night for that).
    With MMO launches (and, as my son points out ... any game that launches with an on line component) there are always going to be issues of one kind or another ... it's inevitable. Had to point this out to my hubby who is not all that conversant with the genre ... he's always refused to pay a subscription fee so never really experienced an on line launch.
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    give us the customization CO has please. Then I will stop hating.