test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unhappy Founder and this que.....

lovelovehugslovelovehugs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok granted I only bought the 60$ pack cause I was nervous..thankfully I did not get the 200!

Characters are horrible looking! why did you slack!?

The que kept pushing me back into the thousands I sat for over an hour...

In game currency is a joke, if you want money so badly make a better game and make it a sub based game.
Zen store prices are insane, and the astral diamond prices for everything even speeding up crafting will run you about 50$ a month....

Seriously you guys need to rethink the prices and currency needed for some items. Item ID scrolls are astral diamonds...seriously? DnD was about fun...you have turned into a cash grab.
Post edited by lovelovehugs on

Comments

• sinbornsinborn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And they grabbed your cash with excellent deftness.
  • essaidisessaidis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok granted I only bought the 60$ pack cause I was nervous..thankfully I did not get the 200!

In game currency is a joke, if you want money so badly make a better game and make it a sub based game.
    Zen store prices are insane, and the astral diamond prices for everything even speeding up crafting will run you about 50$ a month....

Seriously you guys need to rethink the prices and currency needed for some items. Item ID scrolls are astral diamonds...seriously? DnD was about fun...you have turned into a cash grab.

Sounds like you don't like the game that much so why stay? go back to second life where everything is cheap (Riiiiight) and where your profile picture comes from.

unhappy founder... lol more like annoying founder.
  • pwthebestpwthebest Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2013

According to people astral diamonds are easy to get
  • deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited May 2013
    Rule 1: never pay for a game you've never played before.

I don't mind spending money on a game. But I'll be damned If I would on something I'd never played before...I am currently in queue now and from gameplay videos I saw I think ill enjoy NW. Might even put money into it later on. I do agree to a point on character graphics, the hair textures could have used a lot of work and some look completely odd. Hope you learned not to drop money on something before sampling.
  • vegas6614vegas6614 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    A little research and reading before plunking down your money might have saved you this regret. Cryptic is known for such things, so don't expect things to change just because you gave them $60. You can spend your money any way you want but paying $60 (let alone $200) for an unfinished 'free' mmo? Hmmm... the old P.T. Barnum saying comes to mind.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I swear I belive that people buy these packs not because they want to play a game, but rather to complain about the most inane BS imaginable.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • lovelovehugslovelovehugs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like how the second life picture was brought up, which is kinda funny cause 60$ on there goes along way. I made this post in hopes the devs would be like "Hmm maybe prices are a bit out of control" as for Astrals being easy to get. Nope you get 1,000 a day from Daily pvp, Daily Skrim, Daily Foundry thats 3k then 3k from daily dungeon....IF you can get in =p the que takes ages a total of 6k a day. From the vendors gear costs around 14,000-20,000k ++. Only reason I am staying is because my friend dropped 200$ on this game another 100$ in item mall getting bags and other things for his character......so I feel guilty cause he only bought the game cause I was so excited over it.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    essaidis wrote: »
    Sounds like you don't like the game that much so why stay? go back to second life where everything is cheap (Riiiiight) and where your profile picture comes from.

The stuff i make in second life aint cheap and it pays for my stuff in CO, STO and NW. Second Life is awesome for fleecing idiots XD

I would like to show the OP my range of Second Life rideable ( not that type of ride yew naughty boys ) diamond ponehs. They can all say hi and come with pretzels that dont suck :D
  • shadow71shadow71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    Actually yes the game is pretty cool for what it is and $60 is a reasonable price. $200 now that's another story which should not have been asked for by PWI/Cryptic in the first place. They should have just made the game buy to play with all races and classes for $60 and they would have had tons of people buying the game then they could have made better calculation on the population of each server. Then during CB they could have stress tested the game out with about half of that calculated population. Then in a real Open Beta they could have made invites to people who paid the $60 and released the game Live later. They also could have still kept their little store within the game. I will say this though the Diamonds are so not hard to farm at all in this game so you should not have any problems at all trying to get them. I just say they could have made a better marketing choice.
  • essaidisessaidis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    The stuff i make in second life aint cheap and it pays for my stuff in CO, STO and NW. Second Life is awesome for fleecing idiots XD

I would like to show the OP my range of Second Life rideable ( not that type of ride yew naughty boys ) diamond ponehs. They can all say hi and come with pretzels that dont suck :D

lady tell me about this pool thing, who is in it O.O
  • therealmasoetherealmasoe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry but giving money away before the final product is set is a gamble on your part. I understand your frustration and I really empathize with you. However, I just installed the game and I've been sitting in que for 10 mins already. It goes from ~52,000 to ~3,000 ... The problem I have is that I don't know how much longer it's going to be. If I had an accurate timer to go along with it I wouldn't care.
    edited May 2013
    lady tell me about this pool thing, who is in it O.O

Dont get the pool thing. But I did build a pool that comes with man eating sharks that sing the Teletubbey tune.
    edited May 2013
    Dont get the pool thing. But I did build a pool that comes with man eating sharks that sing the Teletubbey tune.

have you seen your own signature lately xD "Some {BEEP}hole is in my pool!"
    edited May 2013
    have you seen your own signature lately xD "Some {BEEP}hole is in my pool!"

LOL I forgot about that its a quote from SR3 :D
    edited May 2013
    LOL I forgot about that its a quote from SR3 :D

Ohh I see lol :P
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013

3,000 astral diamonds a day more than covers the amount of ID scrolls you'll need. Just doing the prayer thing once an hour will probably cover ID scrolls at least earlier in the game. So not sure how that's a "cash grab". I will however agree some items, in both the Zen store and on merchants that sell things for ADs, are rather on the high side. Hopefully they will see some adjustments over time but even as it is you can play now without spending anything.
    as for Astrals being easy to get. Nope you get 1,000 a day from Daily pvp, Daily Skrim, Daily Foundry thats 3k then 3k from daily dungeon....IF you can get in =p the que takes ages a total of 6k a day.

Also as you level you can make more than 3,000 a day from doing events however it means you have to do them multiple times. Which can prove difficult in some of the dungeons if you're relying on random groups via the queue system.
  • akikisaragiakikisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's a queue? Haven't been in one yet today. :P
  • infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013

No offense but if youre crying that much you could have played the beta weekends before this and tried the game out before putting money into it. Youre the only one to blame really.
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be nice if they showed more support towards founders and testers. Not a queue jump like HotN, but at least have us queue ahead of the general rif-raf :p
  • tanerastaneras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like how the second life picture was brought up, which is kinda funny cause 60$ on there goes along way. I made this post in hopes the devs would be like "Hmm maybe prices are a bit out of control" as for Astrals being easy to get. Nope you get 1,000 a day from Daily pvp, Daily Skrim, Daily Foundry thats 3k then 3k from daily dungeon....IF you can get in =p the que takes ages a total of 6k a day. From the vendors gear costs around 14,000-20,000k ++. Only reason I am staying is because my friend dropped 200$ on this game another 100$ in item mall getting bags and other things for his character......so I feel guilty cause he only bought the game cause I was so excited over it.

I've actually made quite a bit from selling gear. You just actually have to try.

Also, you brought up earlier that you have to spend AD's to speed up crafting... No you don't. You can wait the time that's required.
  • horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    l1zardo1 wrote: »
    It would be nice if they showed more support towards founders and testers.

The only issue is they didn't advertise it like that, if they did some non-founders might have been founders.
  • thavenlorethavenlore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In a day and age of where people stream gameplay, there has been plenty of chances to see the game in action from a live players perspective. After watching I was not sure if I wanted to get it but the extra stuff with the $60 pack made the investment worth it for me. Queue times suck, but it happens in most new online games. I expected this, I'm not even upset that I have to wait in a queue because things will mend.

Anger happens, but it will pass as well.
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Some people must be new to MMO launches around here.
  • laymonzlaymonz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    you can also get astral diamonds from the pray ability every hour.
  • joeldgnjoeldgn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    l1d3n wrote: »
    Some people must be new to MMO launches around here.

Exactly, it is like we have a fresh batch of 13 year olds.
  • fibnoidfibnoid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    BoQSr6n.jpg Good times, Gotta love opening day queues...
  • lovelovehugslovelovehugs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    trolls will be adorkable and try n troll the post, won't work. I don't play beta weekends as most devs pull the "oh its not finished, this might not be how it is during launch" card. They hyped this game up so much...failed to mention all the set backs most will face. As for crafting you kinda do need to speed it up, 4 hours for a tiny crafting xp mission is a bit insane~ but feel free to keep the trolling attempts coming I love a good giggle at the angry mass. AND before its pointed out~ yes my post is called Unhappy Founder, not angry founder ^_-

About Praying, I only get astrals from it once a day.. the rest of the time I was getting a 15 min buff. The diamonds I gained from that was about 1k
  • natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Sounds like you are in denial. The OP has a point. This is not a fun DnD game, and once the new shiny wears off the population will die off and you will have MANY unhappy founders. I am happy for not purchasing anything from this company. The in game currency system is a joke. Astral diamonds as currency on the auction house for things to buy from other players?? Sounds pretty **** close to P2W direction and a cash grab to get you to buy zen for extra AD's.

Oh well, another one bites the dust. SWtor learned its lesson, as will Neverwinter.
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
    edited May 2013
    trolls will be adorkable and try n troll the post, won't work. I don't play beta weekends as most devs pull the "oh its not finished, this might not be how it is during launch" card. They hyped this game up so much...failed to mention all the set backs most will face. As for crafting you kinda do need to speed it up, 4 hours for a tiny crafting xp mission is a bit insane~ but feel free to keep the trolling attempts coming I love a good giggle at the angry mass. AND before its pointed out~ yes my post is called Unhappy Founder, not angry founder ^_-

you don't even know what trolling is... and NO YOU DO NOT need to speed up the crafting its that simple stop acting like a baby, stay and enjoy the game or leave...
  • tonyacttonyact Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    l1zardo1 wrote: »
    It would be nice if they showed more support towards founders and testers. Not a queue jump like HotN, but at least have us queue ahead of the general rif-raf :p
    As one of the rif-raf I kind of object to that comment :)

Anyhoo - game looking good so far - queues will be gone in a few hours / days I imagine, and this IS a beta whatever people think so I'm happy to put up with some inconvenience for now.

I looked at the pre-purchase options but they looked a lot of money for a F2P game I didn't know much about - but I will spend some money if I stick - at least if some of the prices come down and/or there are a few specials.

Some firms just don't seem to get the micro part of micro-transactions.
This discussion has been closed.