test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Founder Pack Opinion

najitonajito Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
For my opinion It's normal since It is BETA and It really is a nice game that ppl were looking forward to play. On the other hand I found seeing the "GET HoTN PACK TO GET RID OF THIS" kinda greedy.. They absolutely need to make money I have no obligation on that BUT the HoTN pack is already there to see.. I'll wait since it's a beta testing and It's the first day but I don't want to see these kind of stuff like 'Are you worried about lagging? BUY HoTN PACK!" :/ That's all.
Thus the blade is swung down-
Post edited by najito on

Comments

• layonhandslayonhands Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They haven't been pushing the pack hard. Paying $200 gives you a bunch of stuff, including priority access during peak times - it'll always be like that, not just on launch.
    Your divine touch instantly heals wounds.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    . . . . . I changed the subject line as it would have only brought about the closal of the thread and barely related to the contents.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    layonhands wrote: »
    They haven't been pushing the pack hard. Paying $200 gives you a bunch of stuff, including priority access during peak times - it'll always be like that, not just on launch.

He's stating that these ridiculous queues were fabricated so they could sell more founders packs. You know, a marketing scheme.
    edited April 2013
    Thanks Zeb. Keep up the good work.
    jzsquared wrote: »
    He's stating that these ridiculous queues were fabricated so they could sell more founders packs. You know, a marketing scheme.

The queue exists so the servers don't overload and crash, kicking everyone to the curb.
  • tyriatyria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    najito wrote: »
    For my opinion It's normal since It is BETA and It really is a nice game that ppl were looking forward to play. On the other hand I found seeing the "GET HoTN PACK TO GET RID OF THIS" kinda greedy.. They absolutely need to make money I have no obligation on that BUT the HoTN pack is already there to see.. I'll wait since it's a beta testing and It's the first day but I don't want to see these kind of stuff like 'Are you worried about lagging? BUY HoTN PACK!" :/ That's all.

Its normal to have queue's durring a Beta, especially when it hits 'open' beta. Whats not normal is for a player to get iinto a queue, and see this as the number of people in line:

hownottolaunchaopenbeta.png

Granted, it is a display issue (as we later learned), But still.. That will put alot of people off to have that kind of a bug pop up. Think of it as opening up a Steak Diner for your opening night, only to have to tell your customers that your having to slaughter the cows first before you can feed them, so the wait time will be 30 minutes to 4 hours... Then finding out that you do indeed have steaks ready to cook, but your customers don't know it because they still see the message about having to slaughter cows first :rolleyes:

Though i do agree with you about the 'i payed $$$ i shouldnt have to wait in a queue' people being a bit of a prick. If you spent money on the game it should be because you LIKE the game and want to support it, not because you want to get 'special privileges'.
  • eliseren1tyeliseren1ty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

If people don't have access they will go elsewhere.
    // here be dragons
    CRect HAMSTER; // darn near killed'em
    my $search_key = $something_else;
    foreach (keys %some_hash) {
    if ($_ eq $search_key) {
    do_something($_);
    }
    else();
    }
    locked by NullUserException
  • pwthebestpwthebest Member Posts: 48
    edited April 2013

It does make sense. One wonders why they made the $200 pack have an option to skip the Queue line unless they knew it would be an issue.
  • tyriatyria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    pwthebest wrote: »
    It does make sense. One wonders why they made the $200 pack have an option to skip the Queue line unless they knew it would be an issue.

They likely did it because SOE does it with Planetside 2. Though its 15$ a month to do it, not a 1-time payment.
    edited April 2013
    One wonders why they made the $200 pack have an option to skip the Queue line unless they knew it would be an issue.

Because peak login times generally have some kind of wait.
    If people don't have access they will go elsewhere.

And return when things have settled down.
  • andervinandervin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited April 2013
  • swarmscswarmsc Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    $200 price point is greedy as hell.

They should have included a $100 option to make $200 seem less greedy.

By doing so, they would make $200 look like the package intended for the absolute elite.

The pricing as it is now makes the $60 look like a waste of time and money, and $200 to be a metric ****ton.
  • andervinandervin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35
    edited April 2013

They hope.
  • tanerastaneras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I actually wonder why people expected this launch to go on without a hitch...
    edited April 2013
    swarmsc wrote: »
    $200 price point is greedy as hell.

They should have included a $100 option to make $200 seem less greedy.

By doing so, they would make $200 look like the package intended for the absolute elite.

The pricing as it is now makes the $60 look like a waste of time and money, and $200 to be a metric ****ton.

The guardian pack was a huge waste of money I'm finding out. $200 is just way too much for the hotn. I would pay $50 for preference in the queue and nothing else.
    edited April 2013
    Because peak login times generally have some kind of wait.

Didn't happen with Perfect World
    Didn't happen with Raiderz either
    edited April 2013
    andervin wrote: »
    The guardian pack was a huge waste of money I'm finding out. $200 is just way too much for the hotn. I would pay $50 for preference in the queue and nothing else.

Its only a waist of money if you bought it for the wrong reasons.

'Right' reasons to buy ANY founders pack for ANY game.

1. Want to support the game and company, and get some 'goodies' while your at it.
    2. LIKE the goodies that are offered.
    3. Plan to continue playing the game, even threw rough times as you like the GAME itself.

Wrong Reasons

1. Want the ability to skip threw a line.
    2. Dont really care about supporting the game, simply want 'stuff' handed to you.
    3. Expect things to run smoothly and get preferential treatment simply because you payed $$.
    edited April 2013
    tyria wrote: »
    Its only a waist of money if you bought it for the wrong reasons.

'Right' reasons to buy ANY founders pack for ANY game.

1. Want to support the game and company, and get some 'goodies' while your at it.
    2. LIKE the goodies that are offered.
    3. Plan to continue playing the game, even threw rough times as you like the GAME itself.

Wrong Reasons

1. Want the ability to skip threw a line.
    2. Dont really care about supporting the game, simply want 'stuff' handed to you.
    3. Expect things to run smoothly and get preferential treatment simply because you payed $$.

Saps like you are why companies like EA are able to treat gamers the way they do. Grats.
    edited April 2013
    i actcually havnt bought anything EA puts out since they destroyed the Nascar Racing series of games, turning them from a simulation game into a arcade game. The last MMO EA put out that i got was Earth and Beyond, and they 'literally' killed it. (as well as Motor City Online and a few other mmo's EA's put out).

Ive put money into games like Firefall, EVE, Guild Wars 2, Neverwinter.. and plan to put money into The Elder Scrolls Online. Not simply for 'toys' or because i want anything special, but because i LIKE those games, and i want to help them develop and continue to run.

if someone is throwing money at something for reason that dont actually involve the growth of whatever their throwing money at, or are doing it even when they dont 'like' the thing. Then they only have themselves to blame.
  • zakuno1zakuno1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Didn't happen with Perfect World
    Didn't happen with Raiderz either

To be fair, nobody gives a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about those games. At least not in comparison to a D&D MMO.
    edited April 2013
    zakuno1 wrote: »
    To be fair, nobody gives a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about those games. At least not in comparison to a D&D MMO.

To be fair, there's already a Dungeons and Dragons MMO, Dungeons and Dragons online
  • wifeaggro13wifeaggro13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited April 2013

The marketing scheme was its F2P when its actually spend your whole paycheck to play and if you have any money left you can buy these keys !!!!
  • zakuno1zakuno1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    To be fair, there's already a Dungeons and Dragons MMO, Dungeons and Dragons online

To be fair. That game is terrible. To be fair.
    edited April 2013
    zakuno1 wrote: »
    To be fair. That game is terrible. To be fair.

That one... was actually fairly decent when it came out. What made it crappy was the over-use of slimes/oozes.. as a money-sink (in-game money that is). In the actual D&D Books Oozes were rare to find, and were a pain as they 'ate' threw all armor and weapons not made of wood. in DDO, they were put in EVERYTHING, just for the express purpose of forcing you to spend silver on repairs after every single dungion crawl.
  • najitonajito Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This subject is going elsewhere.. It's not about 'how much' is it, It's not about the lag or queue or any other stuff that has been discussed here.. Please stop flaming stuff. I'm just annoyed that HoTN pack is everywhere and ZEN too I mean yea I'm thinking about supporting the company but I gotta see how things will turn out. About the fabrication, I dont actually think that the queue is fabricated but I also dont think that there were 6000 ppl on the line before me. That's all.
    Thus the blade is swung down-