test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

6k queue to 40k queue

spzakhspzakh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I honestly dont mind waiting for the queue it was going kinda fast but its starting to annoy me that after waiting multiple times for it to get under 6k that it randomly jumps up into the 40k range and doesnt move -.- whats the deal anyone have any answers ?
Post edited by spzakh on

Comments

• Options
    naviernavier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited April 2013
    yeah theres a known message bug in their queue time code that jumps up at sometimes and i mean SOMETIMES updates the counter counting down. No worries, After waiting 1 hour and 15 min at around 5:30pm CST I finally logged in. I am testing a new theory at home on a macro function to keep me logged in period so i dont have to wait in queue at all.
  • Options
    naviernavier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited April 2013
    find a good place not to die in game .. prop a pencil holding the W forward key down to keep your character moving, so that you wont get logged out. SAVED by the #2 Pencil :)
  • Options
    nameagainnameagain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "Update: You may experience a short queue while starting Neverwinter"

Right now my queue position is 40500 (back from 3755), if they think im going to wait
    2 hours or more to log in they must be completely crazy.
  • Options
    bodawaybodaway Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    navier wrote: »
    find a good place not to die in game .. prop a pencil holding the W forward key down to keep your character moving, so that you wont get logged out. SAVED by the #2 Pencil :)

Sounds like a good way to get banned (and for good reason).
  • Options
    melbournescottmelbournescott Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Simliar issue though it doesn't appear to actually affect my position in queue. It keeps jumping to 26891, then return to what it was previously.
  • Options
    theodatetheodate Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    what sux, is when u finally get in, u last about 5-10 mins then lose connection, and end in queue all over again
  • Options
    furagafuraga Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For me right now it's reading 89520 when I was in 3091 last. wonder what the heck.
  • Options
    ednogronednogron Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Was wondering about the Queue myself, said 7590 then 36790 etc, with this tiny amount of server bandwidth and space, I don't know how many people they are going to impress today.
    Guild - Ruinous -- Server - Mindflayer
    AMD FX8350, 16gb DDR 3, MSI GTX 460 Hawk Talon Attack
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    From what I can tell the counter sometimes bugs out and thinks there's a single server and places you behind the other 2 servers.

From what I can tell it doesn't actually affect your place in your servers queue.
  • Options
    razidianrazidian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I know this is an "Open Beta", but come on, these Queue Position wait times are becoming a bit ridiculous. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting and still not able to enter a game. Is this a common thing? Is there always Queue Position wait times? or Can we usually get in instantly with no problems?

I would like to know, because I absolutely don't like being Queued.

It's like making a kid wait to see Disneyland, it's just not fair haha...seriously
  • Options
    trolltroll Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Queue is a Lie!

There is no queue - notice how there was no queue through the beta weekends?

There was only one server then as well.

The queue has been manufactured to try make everyone buy the $200 pack to get priority access. They are getting desperate to extract your money from your pocket. This game is a money grab.
  • Options
    morgion666morgion666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That's nice, but it's been 3 hours, and I've yet to connect. Queue in, round 7k, all good since it's a fresh OBT. Unfortunately it keeps disconnecting, over and over again. Maybe it's a server connection time-out, maybe it's a bug, i don't care. The most important thing about a game is being able to bloody play it!
  • Options
    megamonstermanmegamonsterman Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The OP has valid reason to post in here, but after the OP this thread slowly degenerated into "oh my god I have to wait in queue, waaaaaah"

Seriously guys, this is a beta (and obviously not just one of those 2-3 weeks from release promotional betas) what the hell are you expecting? Besides, this is/will be a free to play game. I imagine most, if not all, of you haven't payed a cent to the devs yet, so what gives you the privilege to expect a service on par with a game you payed 50$ for?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Pay for what exactly? A game I can't play? It's pretty hard to reel customers in when you present them with faulty merchandise. Like i said, I don't mind the queue, as long as I don't keep getting disconnected.
  • Options
    wilhelmcasterwilhelmcaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm just confused as to why PW is having such a horrible queue issue here when all their other titles use the same template. I play STO and other products of theirs even in their early releases queues were never this long, its just ABNORMALLY long for what I have seen before.
  • Options
    ianwrymianwrym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The OP has valid reason to post in here, but after the OP this thread slowly degenerated into "oh my god I have to wait in queue, waaaaaah"

Seriously guys, this is a beta (and obviously not just one of those 2-3 weeks from release promotional betas) what the hell are you expecting? Besides, this is/will be a free to play game. I imagine most, if not all, of you haven't payed a cent to the devs yet, so what gives you the privilege to expect a service on par with a game you payed 50$ for?

Yeah, nice try pal. You really can't go with the old "Quit whining, you didn't pay for this game" excuse here. Even if it IS an Open Beta, there are expectations to uphold on many occasions. Nobody's gonna pay money for a game that they have to wait 2 hours to get into, plain and simple. And nobody's gonna invest money into a game if that's their only real advantage.

This ain't disney world, man.
  • Options
    valergainsvalergains Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zI'm assume that the queqes are common issues? IF so are the devs on it?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    They're gonna take down the servers in about 9 hours and patch things. I'd ask why not now, but better later than never.
  • Options
    kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I'm a god damned founder and have already shelled out an extra 70 dollars on top of my 60 for the guardian and got moved from 3k queue to 64 ****ING Thousand....WTF!!! what they count on only like 1 thousand people would play in the game on each server.....new game + D&D + decent/good reviews from non mainstream review sites and this what they think....****ing update servers, i just got off work, want to relax not sit in a god **** queue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    redrvka1134redrvka1134 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bodaway wrote: »
    Sounds like a good way to get banned (and for good reason).

psh. right.
  • Options
    erasmocbterasmocbt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is not a real issue, also to me jumps from 4k to 50k in queue, but if u wait it jump again to a "normal" status, so imo is a lag of server response...

what i want to know is how many stress tests dev are done before OB, cuz every day 0 for a f2p game is tragic but for this game is really catastrophic, my sad.

i have max respect for how works behind this game (and other ones obviously), hope they can fix all at soon as possible, the game is awesome.
  • Options
    b4azb4az Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    for f2p this is not bad, stop complaining, when u play like diablo 3, then u can start complain..
  • Options
    foxinsoxfoxinsox Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Umm hellooooooooooooo there shouldn't even be a queue. This is like the dark ages. I got away from queues after playing silkroad online. I'll go back to PerfectWorld..at least I can log in there LOl what a joke..If they think people will hang around for queues they will be sadly mistaken
  • Options
    gsundered11gsundered11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This had better get sorted. I like this game, I bought two out of the three founders packs and have been recommending it to friends. But I'm not queuing more than a few minutes to play. I work all day and don't expect to sit in a queue that jumps from 1000 to 106000.
  • Options
    luziasluzias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    im sure it will all be sorted in the next few days and there will be less and less Q's :D for now we just have to deal with it....or you could spend the $200
  • Options
    glantorxglantorx Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok I PAID for a Guardian pack giving me VIP log-in SO.....Why am I in a frigging Queue 1782 ????????

Think we need something sorted here and some comp if this continues.....
  • Options
    eoghammereoghammer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the queue counter seems bugged it flip between a 1XXX position to a 110XXX position but after a while i see the first set of number decrease to actually be 67 just before allowing me to connect...
  • Options
    aaron92232aaron92232 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm from england and its like 8:40am here I would assume its around midnight or what not in america? so surely it cant be that busy on a weeknight? going from 1k to 131.3k in queue?

bare in mind I got in fine in the MASSIVE rush to log in at launch, disconnected once or twice too and still no queue what so ever? I understand queues do work in games like league of legends but this at the moment doesnt seem to be?

However I do understand this is a beta for TESTING and people paid for an unpolished/unfinished games hence bug testing etc etc. So numbers / queue times plus loads of other things will be tested ^^

I would assume these mad queue times are because their servers still only have the slots for closed beta with maybe only a small boost? but hey atleast it shows this game has a good following ^^
  • Options
    strokanstrokan Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here earlier today when I first made my character I was able to get on. But now even at 2:39 am CST I'm getting a 1K+ queue that after about 5 mins jumps to over 100k. I've been waiting for this game to come out. And after seeing this I'm actually glad I did not spend any money on this game. Because if I did I wouldn't be too happy. All I know is hopefully this gets fixed because with how the game is now. Its not even worth playing.
  • Options
    gamercygamercy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    lol I got a queue no 30 K something .. this is just bad .. PWE/Cryptic should had a solution .. I'm suprised the public open beta launch turned out so bad .. also they should divide the servers in to NA and EU IMO ..

This is just bad i've been queueing for 2 hours and I keep getting pushed back in queue .. started out 1639 and ended up 30 K something ...

very disappointed

I will wait until they fix this issue
This discussion has been closed.