test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

soo..... ive been in que for 3 hours...

2»

Comments

• Options
    kussieaukussieau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dixa1 wrote: »
    diablo 3 is not an mmo. please stop using that as an example.

i can't actually think of another mmorpg that had queue's this long. at the height of it's popularity and population crunch times the longest i waited in a queue for world of warcraft on proudmoore was 15 minutes.

Then you got lucky. I distinctly remember being in queues on Proudmoore that lasted 2 hours+ when WoW was at it's height, especially on the weekends.
  • Options
    medicatedmonkmedicatedmonk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    An MMO launches with limited servers because, after the initial rush of players in the first week, the population will shrink.

This way, each server will keep a healthy population, hopefully, after launch.
  • Options
    thebrosephalusthebrosephalus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's not a beta anymore. It's a "korean" open beta. The game for all intents and purposes is released. Open Beta at this point is simply a marketing term and an excuse.

With that said, as Kussieau pointed out, queue times are normal. Better a queue than the game not working at all. I'd rather wait and eventually get in and play the game than get on to a constantly crashing server where I'll lose my progress every 15 mins.
  • Options
    kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Never seen queues like this to be honest and i have been in more betas and pre-launches that i care to count. Just went afk a few minutes to get some beer and talking with the neighbours now i come back and see this not to mention the game was unplayable all afternoon.

First thet dont realize that their firewall is blocking packets making the game super laggy and now we need to wait hours to get in.
  • Options
    kimoy8520kimoy8520 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    FYI those ridiculous numbers are not the actual one. Your queues be about less than 15,000. But still, the irony when fixing a bug w/ a bugged solution.
  • Options
    kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Went from 7228 in queue to 27598...Really hope their numbers are wrong.
  • Options
    callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Went from 7k to 40k to 5k to 40k now in que.

Lolling at idiots who paid money for this already

In a game where everyone who plays 4+ hrs a day will be the absolute same in 2weeks is well.. Hilarious. Why pay for that?
  • Options
    truebornstigastruebornstigas Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dixa1 wrote: »
    diablo 3 is not an mmo. please stop using that as an example.

i can't actually think of another mmorpg that had queue's this long. at the height of it's popularity and population crunch times the longest i waited in a queue for world of warcraft on proudmoore was 15 minutes.

Launch of Wrath of the Lich King - upwards of 4 hours on Illidan-US, this lasted for almost a month.
    -- Release of Icecrown Citadel - 2-3 hour queues.
    Launch of Cataclysm - upwards of ~2 hours for Illidan-US.
    --Release of Firelands - 2 hour queue.
    --Release of Dragon Soul - 1 hour at its worst, died off quickly.
    Launch of Mists of Pandardia - Maybe an hour or so, Illidan-US.
  • Options
    adabisiadabisi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Once you have survived EA's/Maxis launch of Simcity 2013 you will know a bad launch..till then hush yo mouf.
    Today we fight the GAULS......monstrous and HAIRY beyond reason.
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Dude WoW had one of the worst launches ever. That game was down for days at a time. Bugs everywhere, people dropping through the ground, etc.

All this game has, is server overload.

In fact, every major content patch arguably has bigger queues than this game has now.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    kaos3083kaos3083 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    lol i was at 396 now back up to 51k wtf is that i just had to laugh.
  • Options
    truebornstigastruebornstigas Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    direcrow wrote: »
    Dude WoW had one of the worst launches ever. That game was down for days at a time. Bugs everywhere, people dropping through the ground, etc.

In fact, every major content patch arguably has bigger queues than this game has now.

Here's the kicker...

If there were no queues, there'd be a whole different crowd in here spouting some nonsense about a bad game, too many servers, etc.

It's like people don't have Netflix or another game to play... How do people not have a better game to alt-tab to for a little bit?!?
  • Options
    sihvebisihvebi Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Heh. Kids.. its so cute.

September 1997.. 12 hours wait to login to one of 12 servers for Ultima Online beta first day. 2 hours of lagged play, servers shut down and are wiped. Back up 12 hours later with another 12 hour wait to login.

There are millions of people trying to play on 3 servers.. do the math and perhaps the whole situation will seem less upsetting.
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.
  • Options
    darkangelgcdarkangelgc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's not a beta anymore. It's a "korean" open beta. The game for all intents and purposes is released. Open Beta at this point is simply a marketing term and an excuse.

Exactly. Exactly. Exactly. I'm so sick of hearing the "open beta" excuse, as if every single bug/complication is totally acceptable. MMO developers love hiding behind the "open beta" status because it's an easy safety net to abuse and exploit. You could easily argue that every single MMO is in "open beta", because they're all constantly being tweaked and expanded once they're released to the general public. The difference is that some developers have the balls to stand by their game and say that it's a full release when it's ready, instead of clinging to a fake status for however long they see fit.
  • Options
    darkfayte01darkfayte01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sihvebi wrote: »
    Heh. Kids.. its so cute.

September 1997.. 12 hours wait to login to one of 12 servers for Ultima Online beta first day. 2 hours of lagged play, servers shut down and are wiped. Back up 12 hours later with another 12 hour wait to login.

There are millions of people trying to play on 3 servers.. do the math and perhaps the whole situation will seem less upsetting.

"millions" is a doubtful number for sure. Your hopes for this games community is set a few hundred thousand to high i believe. 3 Servers with "unknown" caps on them. Its PWE so i am pretty sure they can handle the traffic, but, who knows about the Q server, maybe they didn't expect such a "kick the front door down" kind of start ...... or maybe they really should have.

For those saying D3 isnt an MMO, it is. MMO = Mass Multiplayer Online. Last i checked, it was a multiplayer online game. OH! Here is your stop, school, now get off my bus.
  • Options
    xxxretsopmixxxretsopmi Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I guess it's a good thing it's not a launch. It's a beta!

This is launch. They are just trying to hide it under the "open beta" tag. If it wasn't a launch, then they would still be doing a launch day wipe, which they've said they aren't doing.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    sihvebi wrote: »
    Heh. Kids.. its so cute.

lol ah those kids and the good old days of ultima, everyone has it easy now... News flash we are not in 1997 anymore :p

And yes i played the same game you did in the past...
  • Options
    esstookaytdesstookaytd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Exactly. Exactly. Exactly. I'm so sick of hearing the "open beta" excuse, as if every single bug/complication is totally acceptable. MMO developers love hiding behind the "open beta" status because it's an easy safety net to abuse and exploit. You could easily argue that every single MMO is in "open beta", because they're all constantly being tweaked and expanded once they're released to the general public. The difference is that some developers have the balls to stand by their game and say that it's a full release when it's ready, instead of clinging to a fake status for however long they see fit.

It is what it is. I find it funny that problems aren't expected on the first day of an open beta. I'm sure many of you are in software development. Some might even be involved in large projects on the scale of an MMO. Did you not want to do some production testing before "officially" releasing? Stress/load/regression test all you like. Nothing like going live for real.
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

True. "Open Beta" for this type of game, is pretty much a grace period launch. It's launch but with an excuse.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    darkfayte01darkfayte01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    True. "Open Beta" for this type of game, is pretty much a grace period launch. It's launch but with an excuse.

hahahahaha, love this !
    Its the google standpoint, stay beta and you never have to listen to complainers! (google search is still "beta")
  • Options
    endersxetendersxet Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    LOL you have to hand it to crypic though, that they knew these issues would happen, and thus they did a soft launch under the veil of open beta! Now when time comes for the true luanch of the game, none beta, it will all work well. Cryptic can then talk about how awesome of a launch they've had for this game. However at least I understand the truth behind their tricks! Honestly if i was in their shoes I'd do this same very thing. They should allow guardians in secondly behind heros though.
  • Options
    endersxetendersxet Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I remember begging ppl to not leave that game in general chat due to how bad their launch was. It was the worse launch I've been apart of. I know some folks like to say, no that would be age of conan, and I'd LOL knowing how stupid they were. Either way I highly doubt anyone will ever see a launch worse as WoW!
  • Options
    valtrayvaltray Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    error 37 !!!