test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

It's "Beta" why are you all so upset?

2»

Comments

• bladetwistbladetwist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There is a menu named ALL GAMES at the top of this web page. Go check on any of the forums in any game listed and ask what the Open Beta means. Then come back and post your findings, lol.
    edited April 2013
    Yes, they will probably do some server tune ups, add maybe a server or two in the future, but usually for PW, the definition is:

Open Beta = Official RELEASE
  • joeldgnjoeldgn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited April 2013
    Just wait until these guys get in and roll a GWF ;)
  • foxspirit13foxspirit13 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    OP:

1. It's not a beta, no matter how much PWI/Cryptic wants to call it that.
    2. It's a free to play game, which in turn means that it goes from closed beta to launch (what they want to call Beta).
    3. It's Cryptic, they had the same crappy infrastructure with CO and STO.
    4. Also it launch day.
    edited April 2013
    But I haven't played any of the 2 Cryptic games under PW umbrella, so they can be treated differently.
  • thebrosephalusthebrosephalus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Open Beta, or "Korean Launch" is the official release for the game. At this day and age it's simply a marketing term, and as is apparent, an excuse for when something breaks.

But like I said in another thread, I'd rather have a queue than a game that's constantly going down. I'd rather wait and play than constantly lose progress because the server has to be restarted/rolledback.
  • vfibsuxvfibsux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 38
    edited April 2013
    fasttx66 wrote: »
    I'm actually more annoyed at the prepaid elitest players who think PWI should kick free players so they can enjoy the game.

Yea, because why should people who PAID for the game get any preferential treatment over those who did not! Crazy stuff! What idiots!
  • thirdeye69thirdeye69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    beta or not when logging in the queue should go as follows:

1. Hero Pack Buyers
    2. Guardian Pack Buyers
    3. Starter Kit buyers
    4. The rest.
  • mojoyaya1314mojoyaya1314 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    once i saw the queue, i got 3 things pop up in my head
    1. watch a movie
    2. play another game
    3. have sex with my gf
    there are options people...
  • alrycalryc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18
    edited April 2013
    OP:

1. It's not a beta, no matter how much PWI/Cryptic wants to call it that.
    2. It's a free to play game, which in turn means that it goes from closed beta to launch (what they want to call Beta).
    3. It's Cryptic, they had the same crappy infrastructure with CO and STO.
    4. Also it launch day.

QFT

Sorry but no matter how much PR spin a company puts on it, an "open beta with no wipes" is not a beta at all but an "earlier than we were ready for launch".

You would think that Cryptic would of handled launch day better considering this isn't their first mmo. Learn from past mistakes and all that.
  • jjeshopjjeshop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I installed early, had the patcher problems. Then i got ingame. Wow holy cry fest. Spoiled lil children. Be patient. It's BETA.
    But the LAG!

What lag? I didn't notice it.

Anyway, i logged out for like 3 hours or so, only to come back to this forum exploding with crying children.

Waaaaa! I paid money! Come on now! Really? Is this your first BETA?

Then i see people name calling. "jerks" "Freeloaders" Seriously?

So i'm like 6k in the que, no big deal. I'll wait. I get it. Things are hot right now because of the huge influx of players.

Well this is nothing new to me, but i thought a D&D game, well maybe the playerbase is "above" this? Maybe it's just young kids.

Just stop people. In a month this will seem like years ago, and all will be forgotten when this game runs smooth.
    IGN: Teseanna

Closed :D Beta :D Tester
    [SIGPIC]i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/jjeshop/ooo-1.png[/SIGPIC]
  • xaciusxacius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited April 2013
    jjeshop wrote: »
    I installed early, had the patcher problems. Then i got ingame. Wow holy cry fest. Spoiled lil children. Be patient. It's BETA.
    But the LAG!

What lag? I didn't notice it.

Anyway, i logged out for like 3 hours or so, only to come back to this forum exploding with crying children.

Waaaaa! I paid money! Come on now! Really? Is this your first BETA?

Then i see people name calling. "jerks" "Freeloaders" Seriously?

So i'm like 6k in the que, no big deal. I'll wait. I get it. Things are hot right now because of the huge influx of players.

Well this is nothing new to me, but i thought a D&D game, well maybe the playerbase is "above" this? Maybe it's just young kids.

Just stop people. In a month this will seem like years ago, and all will be forgotten when this game runs smooth.

It's not BETA. They can call it Open BETA all they want..it's launch. There are no wipes and people that paid received their head start...it's launch..and I think that needs to be straightened out.

Also..the people that forked over $200.00 were told they "should" and "would" get queue priority straight out of the companies mouth and if they aren't..well they have a right to complain.

I paid $60.00..knew I was going to play the game..liked it..grabbed a few extra perks..got my headstart and it's not an issue to me. Hell..I've been re-dling the game for the last 4 hours because of what ever happened today I couldn't get my old install to work what so ever...wooppeedoo. People overall do need to chill..wtf did half these people do before "open beta" sit there..staring at their screen for the last X amount of years of their lives? I don't get it...this happens on every single MMO that has and will ever launch...it's the "new" society..the gimme gimme gimme crowd. The problem Cryptic has to realize is adding 15 servers isn't going to do **** because a majority of these crying *** fools are going to leave..and leave half those servers empty and then they'll just have to merge. Except they won't..then more crying will begin..and the circle will continue. Companies don't ruin these games..the community does by whining for all sorts of stupid **** and then when the company caves..all those whiners leave anyhow and everyone left is left with a pile of **** because the company wanted a few extra $. It's sad..the days of DAOC pre-TOA are over...and we'll never see those days again.