test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

soo..... ive been in que for 3 hours...

doomtrigger1doomtrigger1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So how long has everyone been in que so far ive been in que for 2 hours and 45 mins i went from 7003 to 6230 :mad:

i think its safe to say that this has been the worst launch for a mmo ever.
Post edited by doomtrigger1 on

Comments

• dal101dal101 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    not even close dude. not even close. Diablo 3 was 10 times worse, though not technically an mmo. least they actually bother to keep us updated here.
  • salis777salis777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lol not even close
  • kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think you should ask your money back from Cryptic OP. :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • doomtrigger1doomtrigger1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Diablo 3 was not worst i was there on launch day i had no problems but i will admit they are doing there best but still.
    dal101 wrote: »
    not even close dude. not even close. Diablo 3 was 10 times worse, though not technically an mmo. least they actually bother to keep us updated here.
  • astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    I believe you've been in a queue for longer than queues have been turned on.

Edit: They didn't implement queues until 2 hours and 15 minutes before the OP started this thread. FYI
  • volomontherealonevolomontherealone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So how long has everyone been in que so far ive been in que for 2 hours and 45 mins i went from 7003 to 6230 :mad:

I guess it's a good thing it's not a launch. It's a beta!
  • snarftasticsnarftastic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

So this is your first MMO then right?

Ah kids these days...
  • talissstalisss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i agree not even close.... tho if this is ur first open beta then yea its the worst.... if your a Vet like most of up its been 1000x worse conan, WoW, swtor, diablo 3 just to name a few
  • thebumblethebumble Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    7595 currently.

What is the problem anyways? Cryptic fall on its face after another open beta launch? They were told after the last TWO closed betas they weren't ready.

But hey, that's the way it works now. Take the suckers money for pre-ordering their incomplete game, then fix as you go and offer no recompense for the time you've lost waiting due to their bad code.

I'm still having nightmares from STO's beta, then FTP grand opening...
  • tomandmarktomandmark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's in open beta not full release, quit the complaining.
  • bigbabybishbigbabybish Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Why do they not just open new servers? Why do they have only 3?
    edited April 2013
    ehnrsl.jpg

Just be glad this isn't your number.
  • kagleskagles Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    astazia wrote: »
    I believe you've been in a queue for longer than queues have been turned on.

Edit: They didn't implement queues until 2 hours and 15 minutes before the OP started this thread. FYI

This^ /mts
    edited April 2013
    why do ppl keep saying diablo 3 was bad i had no problems on launch as well with others ive been around since Anarchy Online and this is worst then that final fantasy xiv is close to this.
    talisss wrote: »
    i agree not even close.... tho if this is ur first open beta then yea its the worst.... if your a Vet like most of up its been 1000x worse conan, WoW, swtor, diablo 3 just to name a few
    edited April 2013
    XD ive had 56736
    ehnrsl.jpg

Just be glad this isn't your number.
  • shadowsideshadowside Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    33178952.jpg
  • darkfayte01darkfayte01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lol anyone who paid money before the game came out and expected anything to be working is an idiot ...
    second is this is day 1 / ground 0 for open beta day ... sooo ... yup, long Q's, nothing new here and this should have been 100% expected with all the hype this far for the game.
  • astr4yastr4y Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I started the queue before I left to get my wife some lunch, came back 20 minutes later and I was in game. Now I'm waiting again cause I wanted to try a different class out, hopefully it won't take too long.

On the bright side, the number seems to be staying fairly consistent this time around, started at around 4500 and now it's slowly going down, at 3345 now, been waiting for about 10 minutes.
    edited April 2013
    lol anyone who paid money before the game came out and expected anything to be working is an idiot ...
    second is this is day 1 / ground 0 for open beta day ... sooo ... yup, long Q's, nothing new here and this should have been 100% expected with all the hype this far for the game.

From what I understand people who pay get in instantly. Anyone know if that's true?
  • ashmourneashmourne Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Why do they not just open new servers? Why do they have only 3?

This. /10chars
    edited April 2013

They should have learned their lesson after STO's launch, then the big FTP push afterwards. Same company, same huge title. Did they think after all the hype no one was going to show up?
  • dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    diablo 3 is not an mmo. please stop using that as an example.

i can't actually think of another mmorpg that had queue's this long. at the height of it's popularity and population crunch times the longest i waited in a queue for world of warcraft on proudmoore was 15 minutes.
  • fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    The worst I experienced in queue is maybe 2-3 people in front of me. Due to me having the founders. It allows me to jump in line before a bunch of the people already in line. It has its perks. I'm sorry to hear that its been that harsh on other people.
  • mmoplaya1971mmoplaya1971 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was 8204 and got in in 10 minutes. $60 preorder.
  • elecjesterelecjester Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I fail to understand how any company releasing an online game in this day and age - does not plan properly for launch day rushes.

Stop being cheap and rent the servers you need for launch and continue to use them until the numbers taper off as they always do.

I find it ridiculous that EVERY SINGLE launch has the same issue with queues. Why the hell does no company expect this? Every single player knows it's going to happen, so the only conclusion I am left to draw is every developer is too cheap to rent server space, because it is unfathomable to me that any developer wouldn't know to expect these issues.

Pretty sure both amazon and google offer these services quite cheaply.
  • clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013

Haha brings back memories from eq1 when servers were down for hours and sometimes even days the first few months and had significant downtime the first couple years. Youngsters have no idea how foolish they sound.
    edited April 2013
    My number just jumped to 42k +..

LoL
  • clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    elecjester wrote: »
    I fail to understand how any company releasing an online game in this day and age - does not plan properly for launch day rushes.

Stop being cheap and rent the servers you need for launch and continue to use them until the numbers taper off as they always do.

I find it ridiculous that EVERY SINGLE launch has the same issue with queues. Why the hell does no company expect this? Every single player knows it's going to happen, so the only conclusion I am left to draw is every developer is too cheap to rent server space, because it is unfathomable to me that any developer wouldn't know to expect these issues.

They will host your 12 person minecraft server quite cheaply. Ask them to host a moddrn mmo with guaranteed uptime, realtime backups, etc and it might not be so cheap
  • qingyunjianqingyunjian Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2013
    well, i was in que at 6751 when i went to grocery shopping, when i came back i am at 44476, i was like dafuk? and i double checked it's 5 digits, o well, im not waiting probably gonna wait for a feel days
  • mov1ngtargetmov1ngtarget Member Posts: 0
    edited April 2013
    elecjester wrote: »

Exactly. It is ridiculous how many mmos come out and don't have enough space at launch. I can't understand how a company does not expect it to happen to them, when it happens to everyone.