test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Giving credit where credit is due.

2»

Comments

• martianmanrapermartianmanraper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited April 2013
    johnny305 wrote: »
    LOL best $200 ever spent on gaming?

Ive bought consoles for $200 that gave me 5+ years of awesome gaming or played MMO 1 year for $15 a month for that much.

You're saying playing this for a week or less is better? hahahahhaah yea i believe you

DOTA 2 I played a year or so and spent $0 and its as entertaining as any game. I get items that I can sell on steam through their own auction house that have given me over $500 so far that went to buying more steam games in game cosmetics, etc.

Why make statements like this is the best $200 ever spent? Must be you dont play much other stuff or just kissing butt.

Yeah people are really jacking off Cryptic right now. It's pathetic. They're making out like bandits with a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> load of money. Someone above just said he or she is going to put 500-1000 more into the game. Are you freaking kidding me? That studio is cackling right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • breathabreatha Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Now ya all listen ta Ayamata. She knows what the 'ell she's talkin' about. An' she's uppity. That's a bonus.
    -Breatha, the fat and sassy Dwarf
  • blackfox1blackfox1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    has anyone else come across a problem where to port into an area with monsters to strong for you and you cant leave because they just kill you over and over.. I have tryed logging out to see if I would be reset to a spawn point but I am not and my character just gets killed over and over, all my gear is broken and i'm about ready to give up on this game does anyone know how to get out of this problem? I opened a ticket with the devs but i dont expect they will respond
  • ayamataayamata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 290 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    breatha wrote: »
    Now ya all listen ta Ayamata. She knows what the 'ell she's talkin' about. An' she's uppity. That's a bonus.

Ahh, you're too kind, haha.
    lunapic_136818015258135_1.gif
  • natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ayamata wrote: »
    "a**kissing" ? Really.
    Simply for giving credit to a company who is working hard to fix everything? Please.
    & you're wrong. First of all, this isn't a "launch" and second, other companies HAVE NOT responded as fast to similar issues in the past. Stop being so dense.

You are an idiot. Please stop posting.
    ASUS P8Z68 V-Pro Gen3 mobo, Intel i7 2600k, 32gb DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaws, 500gb SSD, 2TB HDD, Geforce GTX 690 x2 Sli, 1200 watt Thermaltake modular PS, Thermaltake gaming tower.
  • ayamataayamata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 290 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    blackfox1 wrote: »
    has anyone else come across a problem where to port into an area with monsters to strong for you and you cant leave because they just kill you over and over.. I have tryed logging out to see if I would be reset to a spawn point but I am not and my character just gets killed over and over, all my gear is broken and i'm about ready to give up on this game does anyone know how to get out of this problem? I opened a ticket with the devs but i dont expect they will respond

When you die, you should be released to your nearest spawn point. That's basically your safe zone.
    Your best bet is to try and get over to a world gate and go to the Protectors Enclave or a lower level area and level/gear up.
  • amoupotiamoupoti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I wish folks would be more understanding. They're doing their best and complaining isn't going to speed up the process.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    natejam101 wrote: »
    You are an idiot. Please stop posting.

You are a peasant.
    If you don't like what I have to say, then get off my thread.
    While you're at, put some ointment on that butthurt~
    edited April 2013
    When you die, you should be released to your nearest spawn point. That's basically your safe zone.
    Your best bet is to try and get over to a world gate and go to the Protectors Enclave or a lower level area and level/gear up.
    its a foundry player made quest if that changes anything..., but when i die and re spawn there is no safe zone... just monsters
    edited April 2013
    amoupoti wrote: »
    I wish folks would be more understanding. They're doing their best and complaining isn't going to speed up the process.

I wish there were more players like yourself.
    As soon as something doesn't go their way, they give up.
    There's no middle ground for them.
    Wish they'd stop being so stubborn.
    edited April 2013
    its a foundry player made quest if that changes anything..., but when i die and re spawn there is no safe zone... just monsters

OH! Okay, you see that Door icon on the lower left of your mini-map?
    Click that and it will take you out of the instance.

Hope that helps !
  • shiftnativeshiftnative Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You are a peasant.
    If you don't like what I have to say, then get off my thread.
    While you're at, put some ointment on that butthurt~

^thissssss
    edited April 2013
    OH! Okay, you see that Door icon on the lower left of your mini-map?
    Click that and it will take you out of the instance.

Hope that helps !
    i am in que right now because I nerd raged and quit again.. once i finish the wait of a thousand raging nerds I will test this thank you for your help, tested it it worked thank you
    edited April 2013
    i am in que right now because I nerd raged and quit again.. once i finish the wait of a thousand raging nerds I will test this thank you for your help, tested it it worked thank you

Awh yay! & it's no problem!
    Have fun~ :3
  • saintxiisaintxii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 100
    edited April 2013
    johnny305 wrote: »
    LOL best $200 ever spent on gaming?

Ive bought consoles for $200 that gave me 5+ years of awesome gaming or played MMO 1 year for $15 a month for that much.

You're saying playing this for a week or less is better? hahahahhaah yea i believe you

DOTA 2 I played a year or so and spent $0 and its as entertaining as any game. I get items that I can sell on steam through their own auction house that have given me over $500 so far that went to buying more steam games in game cosmetics, etc.

Why make statements like this is the best $200 ever spent? Must be you dont play much other stuff or just kissing butt.

because its was his opinion of his 200 dollars. not yours....
  • courtseecourtsee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I understand that a lot of players, especially all of the new ones that have came into our realm for the first time today, are highly agitated because of the issues that have progressed since this morning.

But they must understand; that this is it. This is the big event that a lot of people have been waiting for.
    It's highly unlikely that something like this would go absolutely perfect. You have to give Cryptic some credit.
    They are trying their absolute best to get things straightened out. Yet, it may not be as prompt as some would like it to be; but in due time, things will smooth out.
    This is a big deal for them; stressful too. They are opening up this brilliant game to everyone else now. They really had no idea what to expect. Even I'm baffled by how much the servers got flooded in only an hour.

You can tell that the Dev Team is adamant on getting things right because they are doing their absolute best to respond to the issues and concerns as fast as they can. Whether it be on the forums, or even on their Facebook.
    This is only day one. Cut them a little slack and just relax a bit.
    Trust me. Their intentions aren't to make a good portion of the player community miserable.

I have faith in the company, and I respect them for giving us as much feedback as possible during this hectic time.
    They haven't given up on us, so why give up on them?

~Aya
    Perfection.

As someone who didn't shell out any money for this game at all, but instead waited until open beta (go ahead, kids, call me a freeloader for liking to try a game before I spend money on it) I'm still happy with the situation.
    Yeah, I got to play a bit when the Beta first started. I hung around through the rubberband issue, etc and the server crash. Currently my boyfriend is sitting in a queue that he's been in for about half an hour.
    Will I complain about Cryptic "not doing what they're supposed to do"? Hell no. They're doing all they can be doing. They're keeping people far more up-to-date with issues and fixes than I've seen a lot of companies do. They're being open, honest and they're working their bloody asses off. Give 'em a break, it'll sort out.

Also, my boyfriend just got past his queue. Be patient, folks. It'll happen.
    edited April 2013
    courtsee wrote: »
    Perfection.

As someone who didn't shell out any money for this game at all, but instead waited until open beta (go ahead, kids, call me a freeloader for liking to try a game before I spend money on it) I'm still happy with the situation.
    Yeah, I got to play a bit when the Beta first started. I hung around through the rubberband issue, etc and the server crash. Currently my boyfriend is sitting in a queue that he's been in for about half an hour.
    Will I complain about Cryptic "not doing what they're supposed to do"? Hell no. They're doing all they can be doing. They're keeping people far more up-to-date with issues and fixes than I've seen a lot of companies do. They're being open, honest and they're working their bloody asses off. Give 'em a break, it'll sort out.

Also, my boyfriend just got past his queue. Be patient, folks. It'll happen.

Awhh thank you :')
    You said it better then I actually did, haha. <3
    edited April 2013
    saintxii wrote: »
    because its was his opinion of his 200 dollars. not yours....

That's what I was thinking. o.o
  • majzlikmajzlik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't really care about the problems, I'll just wait till tomorrow or later, but defending Cryptic? That has got to be a joke. It's not like they are a new company on the MMO scene. Bioware's Old Republic launch could have been excused. Blizzard's WoW launch could have been excused. But Cryptic? This is their fourth (!!)(even fifth if you consider City of Heroes and City of Villains as separate games) MMO. They DO NOT get to get excused because they didn't expect this. That just won't flow.
    This is not a new territory for them, and they should have been expecting this. Most companies launching MMOs can get away with wonky launch, because they usually have little to no experience with MMOs. Not Cryptic. They do basicaly nothing but MMOs. The reality should reflect this fact, and if it doesn't (and it doesn't in this case), you shouldn't be white knighting for them.
    edited April 2013
    majzlik wrote: »
    I don't really care about the problems, I'll just wait till tomorrow or later, but defending Cryptic? That has got to be a joke. It's not like they are a new company on the MMO scene. Bioware's Old Republic launch could have been excused. Blizzard's WoW launch could have been excused. But Cryptic? This is their fourth (!!)(even fifth if you consider City of Heroes and City of Villains as separate games) MMO. They DO NOT get to get excused because they didn't expect this. That just won't flow.
    This is not a new territory for them, and they should have been expecting this. Most companies launching MMOs can get away with wonky launch, because they usually have little to no experience with MMOs. Not Cryptic. They do basicaly nothing but MMOs. The reality should reflect this fact, and if it doesn't (and it doesn't in this case), you shouldn't be white knighting for them.

Hey. Nothing's perfect. Also, things don't always go as expected.
    If people have experienced problems similar to these ones in other games, then this should be nothing to them.
    You want to talk about reality; well in reality, nothing IS perfect.

I guess this is why this is proclaimed as as "Open Beta" because mistakes are expected.
    You didn't think they would launch the game as-is officially, would you?
    In a "beta" problems will erupt. When they do, they are addressed and combated.
    That way the official launch won't have any problems.