test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Giving credit where credit is due.

ayamataayamata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 290 Bounty Hunter
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I understand that a lot of players, especially all of the new ones that have came into our realm for the first time today, are highly agitated because of the issues that have progressed since this morning.

But they must understand; that this is it. This is the big event that a lot of people have been waiting for.
It's highly unlikely that something like this would go absolutely perfect. You have to give Cryptic some credit.
They are trying their absolute best to get things straightened out. Yet, it may not be as prompt as some would like it to be; but in due time, things will smooth out.
This is a big deal for them; stressful too. They are opening up this brilliant game to everyone else now. They really had no idea what to expect. Even I'm baffled by how much the servers got flooded in only an hour.

You can tell that the Dev Team is adamant on getting things right because they are doing their absolute best to respond to the issues and concerns as fast as they can. Whether it be on the forums, or even on their Facebook.
This is only day one. Cut them a little slack and just relax a bit.
Trust me. Their intentions aren't to make a good portion of the player community miserable.

I have faith in the company, and I respect them for giving us as much feedback as possible during this hectic time.
They haven't given up on us, so why give up on them?

~Aya
lunapic_136818015258135_1.gif
Post edited by ayamata on

Comments

• yetzederixxyetzederixx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Too bad more people have no idea how this stuff works and/or respect for the dev/live team.
    246552_347957355274252_1156494123_n_zps978b9349.jpg
  • bollderebolldere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I started with the open beta, im still on the fence about buying the founders pack but a few things today swayed me,

when I first got on, people were having lag problems, even I had 1200+ ping, people were talking about it in zone chat, within 10 mins, an admin was putting messages on my screen that they were working on it.

The game is tight, plays well and I am really having fun with it.
  • perasienperasien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bolldere wrote: »
    I started with the open beta, im still on the fence about buying the founders pack but a few things today swayed me,

when I first got on, people were having lag problems, even I had 1200+ ping, people were talking about it in zone chat, within 10 mins, an admin was putting messages on my screen that they were working on it.

I bought the Founder's pack after watching some streams online on twitchtv. Best $200 I've spend in a game by far. Absolutely loving the game.
  • vortexasvortexas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 52
    edited April 2013

This is still BETA you realize that right? There just won't be any wipes so our stuff rolls over into release.
  • kilirmkilirm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited April 2013
    Yes, truth be told, they managed the problem with great efficiency!!
  • spellwardenspellwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 357 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I was playing when the servers "went down". And they managed to hot-fix that stuff without taking them down. I am not a coder, nor do I understand anything beyond a user-interface. But to me, that is unheard of.

Oh, and great game. lvl 52 CW. While it is more a AoE, I do not wish for it to change. Great fun to play. Please don't alter it any further (paraphrase Dart Vader, it seems)
  • ayamataayamata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 290 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013

Yeahh after playing BW2 I was hooked.
    So I bought both the Guardian and HoTN packs.
    And I totally agree with Perasien; it was a great investment.
    Even being able to jump to the front of the queue as a Founder is just another awesome perk that comes with the pack.
    LOVING it~
  • murderin1murderin1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't see anything special that other companies haven't done at launch. *** kissing helps no one.
  • johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    perasien wrote: »
    I bought the Founder's pack after watching some streams online on twitchtv. Best $200 I've spend in a game by far. Absolutely loving the game.

LOL best $200 ever spent on gaming?

Ive bought consoles for $200 that gave me 5+ years of awesome gaming or played MMO 1 year for $15 a month for that much.

You're saying playing this for a week or less is better? hahahahhaah yea i believe you

DOTA 2 I played a year or so and spent $0 and its as entertaining as any game. I get items that I can sell on steam through their own auction house that have given me over $500 so far that went to buying more steam games in game cosmetics, etc.

Why make statements like this is the best $200 ever spent? Must be you dont play much other stuff or just kissing butt.
  • ayamataayamata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 290 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I was playing when the servers "went down". And they managed to hot-fix that stuff without taking them down. I am not a coder, nor do I understand anything beyond a user-interface. But to me, that is unheard of.

Oh, and great game. lvl 52 CW. While it is more a AoE, I do not wish for it to change. Great fun to play. Please don't alter it any further (paraphrase Dart Vader, it seems)

Lvl 60 CW here :')
    Playing an end-game CW is amazing. I love how when I cast spells, it actually "feels" like I'm doing colossal damage. Very flashy and potent; I love it. :3
    First and only class I have/will only be playing.
    That is, until the Scourge Warlock surfaces.
    I'm all over that <3
    edited April 2013
    murderin1 wrote: »
    I don't see anything special that other companies haven't done at launch. *** kissing helps no one.

"a**kissing" ? Really.
    Simply for giving credit to a company who is working hard to fix everything? Please.
    & you're wrong. First of all, this isn't a "launch" and second, other companies HAVE NOT responded as fast to similar issues in the past. Stop being so dense.
  • bollderebolldere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Im just happy with the game, i've been looking forward to something like this, and for open beta day one, I am really happy with their customer support. i just bought the 60 dollar founders pack to support them, the same way I buy riot points, or any other currency with the games I play, look forward to seeing you on dragon, I will be playing a cleric :)
  • freemind25freemind25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 68
    edited April 2013
    Too bad more people have no idea how this stuff works and/or respect for the dev/live team.

Too bad the people in charge don't have any idea about it either...
  • pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    After have been in alpha and doing 3 of 4 beta weekends I am loving this game, Launch issues are a non issue to me. I have been in too many "betas"/"Soft launches" to know that sometimes things happen and you just arent prepared for it. I love the line of communication we are getting. Constant on the various issues = +1 Happy Customer
    edited April 2013
    Im just happy with the game, i've been looking forward to something like this, and for open beta day one, I am really happy with their customer support. i just bought the 60 dollar founders pack to support them, the same way I buy riot points, or any other currency with the games I play, look forward to seeing you on dragon, I will be playing a cleric :)

Awhh same here.
    & ah ! Would've loved to raid with you also; but I'm on Mindflayer. :l
    But meh, the thought is what counts ! :')
  • marlb0rzmarlb0rz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i bought the retail edition and someone pee-ed on it. Can i get a refund?
    edited April 2013
    marlb0rz wrote: »
    Check with you retailer?
  • murderin1murderin1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ayamata wrote: »
    "a**kissing" ? Really.
    Simply for giving credit to a company who is working hard to fix everything? Please.
    & you're wrong. First of all, this isn't a "launch" and second, other companies HAVE NOT responded as fast to similar issues in the past. Stop being so dense.

Can anyone play? Yep.
    Are they taking your money? Yep.

Calling it a beta doesn't mean it is. It is just an excuse you use when you release a half finished game. Minecraft was in "beta" for years, and millions of people played it and paid for it.
    edited April 2013
    Sorry I meant mindflayer haha maybe I will see you on there
    edited April 2013
    marlb0rz wrote: »

I....I don't even think there is a retail version of the game.
    Obvious troll is obvious~
  • gojinryonggojinryong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've played alot of MMORPGs but this game deserves my money even though it doesnt ask for it take my 60 bucks unlock other games coughgw2cough that demands it, I love this game so far.
    edited April 2013
    murderin1 wrote: »
    Can anyone play? Yep.
    Are they taking your money? Yep.

Calling it a beta doesn't mean it is. It is just an excuse you use when you release a half finished game. Minecraft was in "beta" for years, and millions of people played it and paid for it.

You do realize you can play without paying a dime right? They arent taking your money you are willingly handing it over.
    edited April 2013
    Sorry I meant mindflayer haha maybe I will see you on there

Ahh! Okay, perfect:)
    Send me a tell; Hex@Ayamata
    edited April 2013
    pboar2006 wrote: »
    You do realize you can play without paying a dime right? They arent taking your money you are willingly handing it over.

Well said. Thank you :')
    +100
  • elcan1980elcan1980 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As a founder im more upset at the fact that both packages had VIP access / early access available. Now if you drop 200.00 buck instead of the 60 or so you get to play the game.. Ive been stuck on a que that goes all the way down to 70 then back up to 12K then back down and back up..... I dropped money like other founders did and many are seeing the same thing.. we dropped money on a game that wasnt proven and still in development when we did drop the cash. So yeah a little upset that i get a chance to log in and get a crappy que that wont make up its mind! Other than that this game is great and for the most part cryptic is doing alot of the right things, they need do just do a little more.
  • elcan1980elcan1980 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah but for those that did "Pay" we have every right to ask and demand .... Thats that whole commerce thing in action.
  • moonrysemoonryse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    People get angry, people say things they dont mean or even really feel except in that moment. The fact that you, OP, took the time to try and shame folks for being angsty and needing their "fix" doesnt make you a better person, just a different type of Jerk. Chill out with the Chill out. Gotcha.
    edited April 2013
    elcan1980 wrote: »
    As a founder im more upset at the fact that both packages had VIP access / early access available. Now if you drop 200.00 buck instead of the 60 or so you get to play the game.. Ive been stuck on a que that goes all the way down to 70 then back up to 12K then back down and back up..... I dropped money like other founders did and many are seeing the same thing.. we dropped money on a game that wasnt proven and still in development when we did drop the cash. So yeah a little upset that i get a chance to log in and get a crappy que that wont make up its mind! Other than that this game is great and for the most part cryptic is doing alot of the right things, they need do just do a little more.

You're a founder and you're still getting a high queue? Hm.
    I've tried logging in and logging out several times to see what my queue position is and there was only two times that I was even placed in a queue and it was only as high as 31. Second time it was only 12.
    Every other time I got right in with no wait.
    As a legitimate HoTN founder, you get priority queue access.
  • blasph3m3blasph3m3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ayamata wrote: »
    I understand that a lot of players, especially all of the new ones that have came into our realm for the first time today, are highly agitated because of the issues that have progressed since this morning.

But they must understand; that this is it. This is the big event that a lot of people have been waiting for.
    It's highly unlikely that something like this would go absolutely perfect. You have to give Cryptic some credit.
    They are trying their absolute best to get things straightened out. Yet, it may not be as prompt as some would like it to be; but in due time, things will smooth out.
    This is a big deal for them; stressful too. They are opening up this brilliant game to everyone else now. They really had no idea what to expect. Even I'm baffled by how much the servers got flooded in only an hour.

You can tell that the Dev Team is adamant on getting things right because they are doing their absolute best to respond to the issues and concerns as fast as they can. Whether it be on the forums, or even on their Facebook.
    This is only day one. Cut them a little slack and just relax a bit.
    Trust me. Their intentions aren't to make a good portion of the player community miserable.

I have faith in the company, and I respect them for giving us as much feedback as possible during this hectic time.
    They haven't given up on us, so why give up on them?

~Aya

QFT.

Kudos on this post.

+1 Respect point.
    10qkinm.png
    edited April 2013
    moonryse wrote: »
    People get angry, people say things they dont mean or even really feel except in that moment. The fact that you, OP, took the time to try and shame folks for being angsty and needing their "fix" doesnt make you a better person, just a different type of Jerk. Chill out with the Chill out. Gotcha.

Take your malcontent elsewhere.
    My affair wasn't to make me out to be a saint; and I really don't care how my post is perceived.
    You can interpret it in any way you'd like; but I'm simply voicing my defense for the company during this rough time for them.
    If you feel like you're being shamed, then that's on you. I can't give someone like that a guilty conscience.
    I took the time to give credit to the company out of respect.
    Which is something that you seem to lack.