test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lack of New Classes

13»

Comments

• Options
    kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    LOL Dont get me started with the Barbarians!
  • Options
    elizlestradelizlestrad Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I thought the 'selection' of classes was downright terrible. No ranger/archer class, two heavy fighters, and no dex-based fighter like the Swashbuckler.
  • Options
    kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I thought the 'selection' of classes was downright terrible. No ranger/archer class, two heavy fighters, and no dex-based fighter like the Swashbuckler.

This was a hot topic but people assume that we will get huge deversity in the coming months, "they are going to add more" or even worst "they will add at least 5 every years" is the only answer or reply anyone had. Most that are still here accept this for what it is.
  • Options
    elizlestradelizlestrad Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well I'm not one for futile hope, but I suppose hope is hope ^^. If not, I'll just have to wait for [the real] Neverwinter Nights 3...and pray to God they stick with 3.5 rules.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well I'm not one for futile hope, but I suppose hope is hope ^^. If not, I'll just have to wait for [the real] Neverwinter Nights 3...and pray to God they stick with 3.5 rules.

Good luck getting Wizards of the Coast (or are they owned by someone else now, i forget) to license something with old rules. Your best bet is if a NWN 3 happens, it's with the D&D Next rule set.
  • Options
    nagasakeenagasakee Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd love to see the Monk class soon.
  • Options
    steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tfangel wrote: »

Good luck getting Wizards of the Coast (or are they owned by someone else now, i forget) to license something with old rules. Your best bet is if a NWN 3 happens, it's with the D&D Next rule set.

Pretty much, yep. WotC won't be licensing out it's name to slap on any edition before 4e unless they get bought out hard and someone else is in charge.

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • Options
    enorerthenorerth Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Personally I was never a real fan of 3 or 3.5. I liked the rules of 4th edition more, for the simple fact that it wasn't about personal power as it was about group meshing well together. Which in essence is a MMO, hell when 4th edition came out it was called the MMO PnP by my group of friends.
  • Options
    akwartz01akwartz01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    enorerth wrote: »
    Personally I was never a real fan of 3 or 3.5. I liked the rules of 4th edition more, for the simple fact that it wasn't about personal power as it was about group meshing well together. Which in essence is a MMO, hell when 4th edition came out it was called the MMO PnP by my group of friends.

I think it has a lot to do with which edition you started to play or spent the most time with, honestly. Even though AD&D was messed up and overcomplicated in many ways, it still remains "my" D&D edition because it's the one I used when I discovered the PnP. Many people seem to have a hard time letting go, and I can understand that. Or maybe 4th ed really is that bad, I've never played it so I can't really say.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hasbro bought Wizards of the coast in 1999.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    kelanatorkelanator Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes a Ranger is what I am looking forward too.
  • Options
    killa530killa530 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ranger, Paladin
  • Options
    losbin68losbin68 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    new classes. What why they dont even have the ones in game working right now. Why add more that dont work. I say fix the freaking game now before adding new classes
  • Options
    losbin68losbin68 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    why ranger? it will be just like CW# and be stuck in place shooting a bow no different than a cw with MM
  • Options
    ralandarralandar Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    akwartz01 wrote: »
    I think it has a lot to do with which edition you started to play or spent the most time with, honestly. Even though AD&D was messed up and overcomplicated in many ways, it still remains "my" D&D edition because it's the one I used when I discovered the PnP. Many people seem to have a hard time letting go, and I can understand that. Or maybe 4th ed really is that bad, I've never played it so I can't really say.

It's the cool, hipster thing to hate on 4e.

I started with 2e (THACO, anyone?) and DM'ed that sucker for many years. When 3 and 3.5 came around my group of friends loved it. Those books took us all the way through high school and college. I started playing 4e a couple years ago, and honestly I really dig the class roles and group dynamics. I LOVE the named powers the classes get, as opposed to (mostly) more or fancier swings of your weapon as you leveled up in the previous editions. I also like the 3 actions you could take during your turn- a nice, svelte yet subtly tactical way of doing things. I will say that skills have suffered in the more recent editions, as I firmly believe the all-encompassing "d20 system" simplifies everything a bit too much.