test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trying to update the Launcher.

gustavomahongustavomahon Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
It says:
nvtt.dll
Error 36: A File was locked that could not be oppen for writing. Restart in 10...9...8...7..........1
That's normal, or do I need to fix that ?
Post edited by gustavomahon on

Comments

• turrican80turrican80 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I had the same error message. A new patch is being downloaded right now and I guess that will fix it.
    "King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.

Dennis: Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony."

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
  • arkosfortunearkosfortune Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have the same issue. Any ideas on how to fix it?
  • drkstonerdrkstoner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    was having the same issue checked the error log file erased the file in question tried again same issue so I reinstalled same issues so started the downloader to grab a fresh copy of the installer forgot to delete my original download but at 86% it started downloading fresh files starting to think something went wrong with the original download considering my original install only to 3 min and so far this new install has taken about 10 add in the fact that my old file structure was missing bin.hogg
  • rafathelionrafathelion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    having the same error message over here plz someone help!
  • portenio1portenio1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    when im tryng to patch i got this error " the patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function"
  • darkknight2015darkknight2015 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i get the same ....go there and check this out>>( http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?38661-Download-Issues ) if its fixed with ya tell me what exatly u did
    portenio1 wrote: »
    when im tryng to patch i got this error " the patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function"
  • atheticathetic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've the same problem too.In the downloading issue topic I've listed the errors I get,I hope they get fixed soon.
  • andresiloxandresilox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same here, i tried everything i could and still nothing
  • dagger2thugtrap7dagger2thugtrap7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    I have an issue with patcher. It said: Account error, click here for more information! Is it that for cause I'm not have Friend Key or simply the launcher won't be patching for some reason, either I have key or I haven't. Please answer it Devs/admins
  • iamthenonameriamthenonamer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

SAME HERE:

It's already BTW 4 and I can't play because of this error -.-

This is what I've tried the DID NOT work:
    1. Changing the Compatibility settings, run as Admin
    2. flushing the DNS in cmd
    3. Using Google Hotspot VNS
    4. Uninstall and Reinstalling (now I need to download more patch files since the earlier ones got deleted >:[)

This has been a problem with Cryptic since Champions Online. A problem they had SINCE 2007!! 6 years and they still didn't fix it?

This is really getting me down..
    Neverwinter has such a fun combat system. More fun then TERA or RaiderZ in my opinion, and I can't play it. :(
  • bagagleps101bagagleps101 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    up same problem here!
  • bufffybufffy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hi
    i have that problem
    cryptic launcher auto update error
    trying to update the launcher and i have that message
    patcher error : the patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no respond function

any help plz

and i have question
    am i need to re download the game again when the open beta release in 30 apr ?
  • semperviviumsempervivium Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same here ..
  • fubariusfubarius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same here...
  • bitewolf33bitewolf33 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same here... :confused:

Help anyone?
  • jujupassjujupass Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same here =(
  • addkarma1addkarma1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I just now got this same issue. I have been playing fine since the second beta with no issues.

I let the launcher time out and keep clicking on it. It eventually launched.

Hope that works for you folks as well. ;)
  • lucious3lucious3 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As title says, I double click shortcut on desktop and get this message.

Trying to update the Launcher. Please be patient. Tried connecting 1 time.

Then it tries to connect again but when it fails it comes up with this message in a seperate " Patcher Error " box,

The patchclient got a mesaage while it was in a state with no response function.

Any suggestions? I am guessing wait a while until traffic dies down a little?
  • nicklamdaforumnicklamdaforum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same problem, tried everything mentioned above to to avail.
    Patches downloaded with no problems, but once I exited the launcher and tried to reopen it the problem appeared.
  • eronnneronnn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    same here....
  • erasmocbterasmocbt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    same here :(
  • nihuyanihuya Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    aaand same here if anyone care.
  • eronnneronnn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    same here....
  • therieritherieri Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same here.
  • railakrailak Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    same here.. help anyone? thanks
  • wolfverswolfvers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    same here........
  • lmewllmewl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    And same here too!
  • twoarmedgeezertwoarmedgeezer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I 've flushed my dns and I even reinstalled the game but it seems the issue is that it cant connect to autoupdate.
  • therieritherieri Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Got in after very many tries. Maybe they fixed it or I was lucky.
  • aerokasaerokas Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same issue. They haven't fixed it. And they need to mention something here in the Forum.
This discussion has been closed.