test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No sound in game

malthirmalthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm currently stuck with the same launcher bug thats getting everyone right now. However the main thing thats annoying me is I have no ingame sound for when I was in the actual game. Anyone else having this issue or is it just me ?
Post edited by malthir on

Comments

• capressicapressi Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hiho i have no sound too Windows 8 Prof my Mobo Asrock p67pro3b3 latest drivers for audio
  • erluciuserlucius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 213 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    my sounds are fine o.O
  • capressicapressi Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    it is propably client bug i tried on my other soundcard and no response too (tc electronic konnekt live firewire)

FOUND SOLUTION:

FIX:

so the problem was with .exe compatibility

Right click on exe file or shortcut>properties>compatibilty> switch compatibilty to (win7,vista xp) Just unstick this option and sound will work GL.
    Iam so clever sometimes LOL
  • fatboysimonfatboysimon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    capressi wrote: »
    it is propably client bug i tried on my other soundcard and no response too (tc electronic konnekt live firewire)

FOUND SOLUTION:

FIX:

so the problem was with .exe compatibility

Right click on exe file or shortcut>properties>compatibilty> switch compatibilty to (win7,vista xp) Just unstick this option and sound will work GL.
    Iam so clever sometimes LOL

I don't have sound and that solution dosen't work:/
  • xisraelxisrael Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey I had the same problem and I've managed to fix it. Ill tell you everything I did in order to fix it.
    1: Ive tired both on and of (in windows) Compability mode on win XP / Off worked.
    2: Changed my device quality both speaker and microphone / Or the lowest quality or the default. (Got it from other game which acted the same)
    3: launched game in Administrator mode.
    4: Not sure but turned off any device off such as Stereomix, front mic, frond Headphones.

I hope it helps you as is helped me.
  • pointystickspointysticks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same issue -- no sound at all. It was fine until a couple of days ago!
  • letmeliveletmelive Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have no sound in NeverWinter Online and in Star Trek Online. But I HAD a bluetooth headset (it just died). I used to be able to switch my soundcard in the audio options in the game back and forth and when I switched back to the sound card it worked just fine. I have a RealTek sound card. Hope this helps someone!
  • siglussiglus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hello yes i have a solution and i may be able to help the reason ur not hearing any sound is because ur speakers may be set up to display as 5.1 please use the realtek audio manager or whichever sound driver manager u may have to switch to 2.1 should fix the problem
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Closing for Necromancy.
    Rule 3.13 - No Necromancy
    . . . . If a thread has not been posted on in over thirty days, it likely contains out of date information or opinions. If you would like to continue such a discussion, please create a new thread to do so, or find an existing "living" one.
This discussion has been closed.