Install Arc
Options

No controller support still?

2»

Comments

• Options
    lageralelagerale Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Honestly I play on a PS3 (mostly sports games and FPS) and when I play on a PC I never want to use a controller. Seems to me with an entire keyboard as well as a mouse if a game is set up to translate to work well with a controller it's probably a very simple game. I haven't tried this game yet (still downloading) but honestly if it's that simple odds are it won't keep my attention very long. Controllers are simply limiting, and I know fans of them might disagree but it's true.
  • Options
    derangedtaco29derangedtaco29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sore wrists? ****, I get those on controllers.

Also, stop complaining about it being 2013 and native controller support should be in every game. Most developers don't do it because they want an in-house software to do it and that's extra money wasted on something used by maybe less than 1% of the audience.

But, you're probably the kind of person that NEEDS new technology all the time, for some insane reason. Probably that 1 person in class who complained because lectures and homework/papers weren't done on tablets.

Still rocking my old Nokia with the vibrating ringer that you could hear from the other room. Kids these days.
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Because as its been said elsewhere it used to have it and the two games before it ( co and sto ) still have pad use. Removal of them is a just odd.

and as already stated, sto and co have lock-on targeting. this game does not. you WILL be at a significant disadvantage using an analog stick to target in this game and not just in pvp.
  • Options
    pion01pion01 Member Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Egads, witness the fruit of the console gen. And they say PC gamers are "entitled", this whole discussion is lol-tastic.

I'll keep this in mind when my PC games come standard with crappy controller-scrolly UIs, limited FoV, reduced graphics capability and specs out on hardware over a decade old.

What the **** world are you living in that the console gen and PC gen aren't the same ******* one?

Hey look! Magnavox Odyssey - 1972!

And the Honeywell 316 - 1969

And lo! The difinition of Generation!!

So unless you were born in '69 and had kids by the age of 3, it was the same generation.

On your second point - No. Have you not noticed that half the games released for PC today are higher Def versions of Console games that retain controller support? Because my steam library and SLI setup has.
    dixa1 wrote: »
    and as already stated, sto and co have lock-on targeting. this game does not. you WILL be at a significant disadvantage using an analog stick to target in this game and not just in pvp.

Except both those games have lock on targeting as an option that can be turned off. In fact, STO functions better with free targeting even with a controller.
  • Options
    liberteeneliberteene Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So...can we get back to the question at hand?

If native support was previously offered, and it's not now, will it be making a return?