test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Massive lag

crshdcrshd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So after finally getting in, i'm warping all over the place, waiting 10 seconds for the npc to respond and stuff like that.

My questions: is everyone experiencing this as well ? Where are the servers located, maybe i picked the wrong one ?
Post edited by crshd on

Comments

• Options
    xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?163651-In-game-issues-Lag-rubber-banding-Updates-here
    people never look at the stickies..
    its all 3 shards not just yours.

• Options
    lothandriellothandriel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yeah me too i cant do anything but stand still if i try to pull mobs i almost die cos i cant move half the fight.
    I expected launch to be slightly buggy but this is insane...
    Maybe direct the new players away from Mindflayer shard :p
  • Options
    wruntjuniorwruntjunior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    Likewise, got about half-way through Cloak Tower solo on my rogue (trying to find all of the item locations and screenshot them for my guild), and suddenly, over 2k ping. Died to a single drudge due to being unable to respond.

I hope this isn't a glimpse of what happens any time there's a heavy load...because this is unplayable.
  • Options
    justawitnessjustawitness Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    how do you check your ping?

Face piles of trials with smiles.
  • Options
    jamtraxxjamtraxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    massive lag atm, vouch
  • Options
    jamtraxxjamtraxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    type /netgraph 1 to see your ping/latency, /netgraph 0 to turn it off again.
  • Options
    wruntjuniorwruntjunior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    how do you check your ping?

Type /netgraph 1 (/netgraph 0 disables).
  • Options
    deacon777deacon777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    LAWL. Typed something into guild chat, didnt see anything. Thought maybe I was muted or something in game chat. Typed something into zone chat, same deal, did not see my message. 20 Min later, my message shows in guild chat.

>_<
  • Options
    johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    LOL worst lag ive ever had in a game even on launch days. BTW this game has had the headstart and all those beta weekends to prepare for this....... months. This isnt really launch day.
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Really bad where I am (Helm's Hold, Dragon shard). :(
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    justawitnessjustawitness Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    awesome, thanks
    1k ping and 10million unpacked packets, nice

Face piles of trials with smiles.
  • Options
    crazykldcrazykld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Woot maybe ill go play some PWI for awhile i guess.
    [th]Game[/th][th]Name[/th][th]Class[/th][th]Level[/th]NeverwinterDeadweightDevoted Cleric60Perfect WorldDemienR8 Cleric100Perfect WorldRy__Ry4/5aps BM101BlacklightProDeadweightSniper20Forsaken WorldBecca BooPriest60
  • Options
    fortie1fortie1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    started at 90 ping playing , then after they fixed the login it went up to 1200
  • Options
    krenkren Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Game is basicly unplayable today so much lag after the patch and all the new players lock the current servers and make new ones for the late commers..
  • Options
    primalhuntprimalhunt Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I thought it was all going a bit too smoothly :) Time for a break then.
  • Options
    mrmanthmrmanth Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yea it is pretty bad.
  • Options
    pinkiepie17pinkiepie17 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yep, Dragon shard lags so hard you can't play at all. logged off, went to take my pet Gummy for a walk with my friends
    pinkamena_d__pie_signatur_iii_by_grumbeerkopp-d4uncp9.jpg
    Pinkamena Diane Pie - Great Warrior Fighter
    One, two, Pinkie's coming for you, three, four, you better lock your door, five, six, grab your crucifix, seven, eight, gonna stay up late, nine, ten, never party again.
  • Options
    bplanchabplancha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yep new servers like 10 lol
  • Options
    guchooguchoo Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    same delay here,its just so annoying
    If you want peace,prepare for war!
  • Options
    daywalkerhawkdaywalkerhawk Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Got a Ping up to 4600.... switching all the time between 800-4500 and lots of Paktelosses.
  • Options
    saintbob2saintbob2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So many posts on these forums, with players thinking this is the official release day. lol.
    Its the release of Open Beta.

Everyone who has current access is here to stress test the game before the final release. Why don't people realise this.
    I know the Lag is pretty bad, and really unplayable... but peeps come on now, cut them some slack.
    Beta is beta, and there will be many more problems to face before the official release.

I know you're time is precious, and not everyone has time to sit all night and wait for this to be fixed, however...
    If you relax now stop playing for a while, trust me you won't miss anything. These issues with lag/de-sync and logging in issues are more than likely not going to be resolved tonight. I wish they would be, but they are not.

Remember, you downloaded this game for free... playing for free with no extra costs to play. It is in Open Beta stage. This game is not released.
  • Options
    itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I instanced into a dungeon and had no lag but open world was horribly laggy.
  • Options
    raal1raal1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    johnny305 wrote: »
    LOL worst lag ive ever had in a game even on launch days. BTW this game has had the headstart and all those beta weekends to prepare for this....... months. This isnt really launch day.

When was the real launch day? Just curious.
  • Options
    rh97969rh97969 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 53
    edited April 2013
    Why do MMO's never launch with enough server strength/capacity? It would make sense to have more then enough servers/shards to over compensate your userbase so that things go smoothly. Just a thought.
    6ZH4F6g.jpg
  • Options
    itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Server hardware is very costly. Better to undershoot and buy more hardware if needed than to overshoot and be stuck with a lot of cost you won't easily recoup.
  • Options
    lmzyroxlmzyrox Member Posts: 9
    edited April 2013
    Unplayable atm..going back to sleep...Ill see if they fix it in a couple hours or so
  • Options
    jroutjrout Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    saintbob2 wrote: »
    So many posts on these forums, with players thinking this is the official release day. lol.
    Its the release of Open Beta.

Everyone who has current access is here to stress test the game before the final release. Why don't people realise this.
    I know the Lag is pretty bad, and really unplayable... but peeps come on now, cut them some slack.
    Beta is beta, and there will be many more problems to face before the official release.

I know you're time is precious, and not everyone has time to sit all night and wait for this to be fixed, however...
    If you relax now stop playing for a while, trust me you won't miss anything. These issues with lag/de-sync and logging in issues are more than likely not going to be resolved tonight. I wish they would be, but they are not.

Remember, you downloaded this game for free... playing for free with no extra costs to play. It is in Open Beta stage. This game is not released.

Yea it pretty well is launch, your characters wont be wiped again, the cash store is in full swing, and the game is completely open for all players. The "Open Beta" is a marketing ploy mmos use anymore. But I take it for what it is, and wont be paying anything until I see how things play out.
  • Options
    saintbob2saintbob2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jrout wrote: »
    Yea it pretty well is launch, your characters wont be wiped again, the cash store is in full swing, and the game is completely open for all players. The "Open Beta" is a marketing ploy mmos use anymore. But I take it for what it is, and wont be paying anything until I see how things play out.

Good call sir.
  • Options
    duck2013duck2013 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    10 min delays on the chat...

warping all over the place..... yeah... guess we can't play tonight...

why don't you reboot the servers instead of letting us lag for hours on end?
    --- I loved clerics in this game --- <--- My youtube video. [R.I.P good cleric now they nerfed our self healing by 50%]
    Look forward to my long campaigns and short stories in the foundry upon release.

Join our awesome stream community for neverwinter on twitch
  • Options
    archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ohh the lagggggggggg madnesssss
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
This discussion has been closed.