test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher Crashes

epodoxepodox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hello,

I understand the beta isn't going on right now. I purchased the Founders pack a few days ago and just wanted to get the game installed and patched so i can be ready for the next beta, but after i installed the game and tried to log into the launcher for the first time it just crashes. It makes no difference if i put in a fake account or my actual. It crashes and pops up with a window asking what i was doing when the crash occurred Any ideas? I read of others just getting a general account error, but no crashing.

Cheers,
Josh
Intel i7-3770K OC
16GB Ram
128 SSD, 1TB HDD
Nvidia GTX Titan GPU
Post edited by epodox on

Comments

• epodoxepodox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    anyone have any ideas?
    Intel i7-3770K OC
    16GB Ram
    128 SSD, 1TB HDD
    Nvidia GTX Titan GPU
  • kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It doesnt do that to me. I get to the character selection screen and it tells me i'm not allowed to play.

You could send a mail to tech support with your dxdiag and see what they tell you
  • tinbender02tinbender02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 209 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Might want to try some of the links under post number 1 in the download issues sticky. They deal not only with download but patching and launching in some cases.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sniffs* Me want ranger
  • troney0524troney0524 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm having the same issue. As soon as the login button is pressed it crashes the client even if there is no sign in info.

:::EDIT::: So I went to the games file directory and there was only about 2mb worth of data. a game help.dll and a game preferences. I'm just going to reinstall. I did previously deleted the install files I wonder if the games uses those for game files after. If so stupid setup.
  • epodoxepodox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    troney0524 wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue. As soon as the login button is pressed it crashes the client even if there is no sign in info.

:::EDIT::: So I went to the games file directory and there was only about 2mb worth of data. a game help.dll and a game preferences. I'm just going to reinstall. I did previously deleted the install files I wonder if the games uses those for game files after. If so stupid setup.

Any luck with the re-install? I have re-installed, re-downloaded, no change. The sec i log in it crashes never loads any client at all.
    Intel i7-3770K OC
    16GB Ram
    128 SSD, 1TB HDD
    Nvidia GTX Titan GPU
    edited February 2013
    **ISSUE RESOLVED**

Sooooooooooo............after beating my head against the desk I stumbled onto the solution. If you too are experiencing the launcher crashing after you hit submit when trying to log into the game, then ask your self if you have teamviewer installed...lol. I'm assuming this has something to do with the vpn or the share application button teamviewer adds to all windows. Shutting down teamviewer should allow you to log in and start patching the game.

Best of luck to all, and see you in the game!

Josh

EDIT**

Also see the 3rd sticky in this forum
    Intel i7-3770K OC
    16GB Ram
    128 SSD, 1TB HDD
    Nvidia GTX Titan GPU
  • sneakygriffzsneakygriffz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Wow that's really useful dude, I had the same problem. Thumbs up!

Also maybe put this info in a general info thread.
  • gamikoulgamikoul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Had the same issue, but no Teamviewer installed.

Your comment about teamviewer messing with all windows made me try and shut down display fusion (an app I have for dual monitor taskbar and other things) and it works! So close any program running that messes with the appearence or adds functionality to all windows.

Thanks man!!
  • wioumwioum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    epodox wrote: »
    **ISSUE RESOLVED**

Sooooooooooo............after beating my head against the desk I stumbled onto the solution. If you too are experiencing the launcher crashing after you hit submit when trying to log into the game, then ask your self if you have teamviewer installed...lol. I'm assuming this has something to do with the vpn or the share application button teamviewer adds to all windows. Shutting down teamviewer should allow you to log in and start patching the game.

Josh

EDIT**

Wow, this just saved my night. My forehead is so sore ...

Many thanks!
  • eppst001eppst001 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    gamikoul wrote: »
    Had the same issue, but no Teamviewer installed.

Your comment about teamviewer messing with all windows made me try and shut down display fusion (an app I have for dual monitor taskbar and other things) and it works! So close any program running that messes with the appearence or adds functionality to all windows.

Thanks man!!

You are a life saver - that is what was causing my issue also. I stopped display fusion and client started patching. You rule!
  • tadiiantadiian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thank you both. I had Teamviewer and DisplayFusion running.

Ruined the last Betaweekend for me now I can finaly play. How is it possible that such a crucial bug can stay unfixed that long?
  • joyalnightjoyalnight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    omg! this fix my problem right away! i've been struggling with this couples of days now!
  • keitaukeitau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So I closed down Teamviewer, but it will only let me log into the launcher, when I hit Play it crashes. I have tried to run it in compatibility mode, is there anything else I'm missing?
  • nomad1506nomad1506 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited April 2013
    **ISSUE RESOLVED**

Josh

EDIT**

OMG you are a lifesaver! thankyou so much, saved me a lot of trouble and pain.
  • mindtouchmindtouch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thank you so much! I was about to demand my money back!
  • copzerokcopzerok Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    VLC Player will also cause the same issue.
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Glad it worked out! :)
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • gabytzuuugabytzuuu Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Garena its creating a problem ... after i login still get that white screen :(
  • rivmonstahrivmonstah Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    epodox, you sir are a gentleman and a scholar. I was just about to punch a hole through my monitor but thanks to you and your apparent knack for finding problems that make no sense, I don't need to! Yeah, adblock was my downfall >.>. Thank you again for finding this ridiculous problem!
  • nagisannagisan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    DisplayFusion (multimonitor management software) also causes the launcher to crash.....someone should start a thread on all software that causes known issues with the launcher (I would, but I cannot find a New Thread button anywhere).
  • lmzyroxlmzyrox Member Posts: 9
    edited April 2013
    I don't have anything else that i can see running.,. and the patcher still doesn't wanna update// Im sooo sad :/

*EDIT*

IT'S UPDATING ERRMYGOD IM KINDA HAPPY NOW ERRMYYGOD*
  • henkim21henkim21 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Exiting Teamviewer fixed my crashes. Launcher obviously needs to be refined for compatibility.
  • wwgasperwwgasper Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ty alot man, you saved my day :)
  • khazaadkhazaad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    **ISSUE RESOLVED**

Josh

EDIT**

Yes! Yes! TY for posting this! Works
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chayvenchayven Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you all for this info have been scratching my head now for days.
    Exiting teamviewer did it
  • iisl4sh3riiiisl4sh3rii Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    **ISSUE RESOLVED**

Josh

EDIT**

You saved me hours of frustration sir. I was about to restart, reinstall, then throw my computer out a window.

THANKS!
  • alrosa1alrosa1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This guy for president!
  • leopablo30leopablo30 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This Worket... lol so silly..
  • kalimismynamekalimismyname Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just a question

i dont have teamviewer and displayfusion
    i already disabled antivirus and firewall
    but still i have the same problem with you guys T_T need help please
    i miss playing
  • diodredddiodredd Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lad, I have same problem, all of these apps never was even installed on my PC!!! Have simple microsoft security issentials what never make any problems. Ill update IE, update Flash, even disable adblock in google chrome! But laucnher still unconscious. Now I make last turn if he didn't launches ill reinstall windows!!!