Install Arc
Options

Launcher Crashing Everytime

2»

Comments

• Options
    angelus1433angelus1433 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    it would be nice to be acknowledged about the problem were facing and i think we need to be able to know if they're working on it.
  • Options
    fallenbliss6519fallenbliss6519 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    redeam wrote: »
    We're looking into it. Updates are here:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?162831-Launcher-issues-Updated-here

From a Dev. Stop whining about the devs not doing anything.

What you need to understand is **** like this SHOULD not happen. This is a business that makes money by providing a service. IF they can't so much as plan ahead and use they're ****ing brain then this game will fail.
  • Options
    barnsssss2barnsssss2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Why should this not happen? What you guys don't understand is that this is a BETA!!!!!!! This is the point of having a beta! So these things get happen and be fixed. Don't complain about a free game that you are getting access to prior to full release. It's an issue they are working on. I am getting the same problem. Just be patient, you will be playing shortly and by tonight you will most likely forget about the problem.
  • Options
    inullableinullable Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nomnomnom routers are yummy
  • Options
    tilviustilvius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited April 2013
    barnsssss2 wrote: »
    Why should this not happen? What you guys don't understand is that this is a BETA!!!!!!! This is the point of having a beta! So these things get happen and be fixed. Don't complain about a free game that you are getting access to prior to full release. It's an issue they are working on. I am getting the same problem. Just be patient, you will be playing shortly and by tonight you will most likely forget about the problem.

Sure mate, this is beta alright but guess what? This is Cryptic Studios. These guys have done how many mmo's now? If this company was brand new and NV was their first game? Your statement would be a good point. But with all these mmo's, you would think they would be better prepared for this.
  • Options
    whiteoak1whiteoak1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is also a Dungeons and Dragons game, everyone and their grandparents have played it.

No server can handle half the world attempting to play!
  • Options
    number13deathnumber13death Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    redeam wrote: »
    We're looking into it. Updates are here:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?162831-Launcher-issues-Updated-here

From a Dev. Stop whining about the devs not doing anything.
    What's funny is that it hasn't even been an hour and they're complaining like it's the end of the world.
    What you need to understand is **** like this SHOULD not happen. This is a business that makes money by providing a service. IF they can't so much as plan ahead and use they're ****ing brain then this game will fail.
    Obviously you know nothing about programming.
  • Options
    flamesword47flamesword47 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    same issue here...
  • Options
    kristofknkristofkn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just to confirm I was playing fine this morning as a Guardian Package buyer, once the Open Beta clicked on the game froze and the launcher has been broken for me ever since. With a restart/resintall/etc.
    whiteoak1 wrote: »
    No server can handle half the world attempting to play!
  • Options
    yonduroshyondurosh Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tilvius wrote: »
    Sure mate, this is beta alright but guess what? This is Cryptic Studios. These guys have done how many mmo's now? If this company was brand new and NV was their first game? Your statement would be a good point. But with all these mmo's, you would think they would be better prepared for this.

still wont change the fact.
    there is no mmo currently in the marked that currently handles or has ever handled such a mass-load of people logging on and trying to play at launch. Every mmo has had issues in such moments.

EVERY major mmo has had a mass-load of people logging on and EVERYTIME there has been lag, server crashes and other issues related to too much load.

Your argument is invalid. Its like trying to hold a tidal wave with a sponge.
  • Options
    copperscaledrgncopperscaledrgn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I had this problem, read the reply here about Teamviewer, shut it down and now I can log in just fine. I would suggest to any of you who are having this issue to look at other applications you may have running to see if any of them could be blocking you.
  • Options
    mrbeanffsmrbeanffs Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GUYS I FOUND HOW TO FIX. Go to your cryptic studios folder and open the neverwinter folder that is in it and launch the game client. this will open the game without the launcher and you can log in in the game i did that and it worked!!
  • Options
    skugganskuggan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It crashed upon login because the server was down, it's up now though.
  • Options
    sakuragixlsakuragixl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    still crashes when I click login...only thing different now is that I can see the actual news under news...but when I tried again it's gone...sigh...
  • Options
    aoisujdfuhaiushfaoisujdfuhaiushf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    UPDATED SOLUTION:

The launcher will crash on any program that changes the top bar, Teamviewer, Mumble and also Displayfusion.

Make sure you close all programs that add buttons to the top bar of the window and then the game should launch fine.
  • Options
    weelilladweelillad Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    UPDATED SOLUTION:

The launcher will crash on any program that changes the top bar, Teamviewer, Mumble and also Displayfusion.

Make sure you close all programs that add buttons to the top bar of the window and then the game should launch fine.

Finally worked for me, thanks!
  • Options
    bebar699bebar699 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Opps Oops ! Your Cryptic application has crashed
    3 day later ...
    No teamviewer , no mumble, no teamspeak ... no smoke , no sexe
    I'm new on this game and i think i didn't play anymore
  • Options
    epic1908epic1908 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Opps Oops ! Your Cryptic application has crashed.
    dont have teamviewer and mumble and it still crash =_=
    any solution to this problem?
  • Options
    alexlovesnipplealexlovesnipple Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thank you so much! This method worked for me! Everyone else who doesn't have mumble or teamveiwer like me, just try this method!

Method : GUYS I FOUND HOW TO FIX. Go to your cryptic studios folder and open the neverwinter folder that is in it and launch the game client. this will open the game without the launcher and you can log in in the game i did that and it worked!! From mrbeanffs