test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Open Beta has begun!

Comments

• Options
    bfavrebfavre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i cant even login says connecting to account server then crashes back to me entering my password and login and the website is freaking slooooowww
  • Options
    nononse22nononse22 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    even forum is lagging now
  • Options
    ereenvaderereenvader Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We are waiting..
  • Options
    nikkitawittanikkitawitta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    theenexys wrote: »
    Yeah man god forbid these companies launching free games are not spending enormous amounts of revenue on servers for a day1 mmo launch. How dare they not bankrupt themselves for a game where 90% of the userbase won't spend a dime?

--

ITT : People who ***** about day1 mmo launches, but continue to hammer login servers every time a new one comes out. If companies "never learn" from bad launches, what does that say about consumers who are still putting up their expectations?
    Seriously folks, run the client, wait, come back in an hour and things will be just fine. It's a game, not a winning lottery ticket.

I think it's all a business. Why would a company invest or risk millions to make a game without expecting any ROI. o.O? I must be dreaming!
  • Options
    rattlestumprattlestump Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm sure the problems will "fix themselves" as soon as the servers are not being hammered anymore...

Patience, we'll all get there in the next 24 hours or so... ;)
  • Options
    themirethemire Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    steelpulse wrote: »
    Don't worry the Devs are aware & working on the problem.......servers will be back up ASAP!

Cryptic.jpg

There we go : dev humour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh3tuL_DVsE

This is how they are working on it.
  • Options
    kimoy8520kimoy8520 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Perhaps the stress test before was not good enough. It's surprising that they haven't adjusted on the incoming traffics the server will be getting once OBT starts.
  • Options
    beliafbeliaf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    steelpulse wrote: »
    don't worry the devs are aware & working on the problem.......servers will be back up asap!

cryptic.jpg

lololol.......
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    azulchico wrote: »
    Just run the launcher from the previous beta. It will download only the changes. If you need to pause the launcher, just close it and reopen it when you are ready to resume.

Ohh thanks also for the quick response! :D Grazie mille!
  • Options
    mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    3rrl39.jpg
  • Options
    theenexystheenexys Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think it's all a business. Why would a company invest or risk millions to make a game without expecting any ROI. o.O? I must be dreaming!

MMOs have a high dev cost, but a low maintenance budget. Maintaining an MMO is a lot cheaper than developing one. They aren't banking on day1 sales, and whiners like the people i've been quoting aren't going to spend a penny on the game anyway.

Yes, they expect a revenue, but it's not immediate, and expecting a free MMO that's had enormous hype, and a strong ad campaign running to run flawlessly on day1 is asinine.

People complaining about feeling bucked over need to chill out and get over themselves.
  • Options
    screamer86screamer86 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    please not another diablo 3 :D
  • Options
    kreonaskreonas Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    c:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live

bypasses the launcher completely
  • Options
    johimjajohimja Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Perhaps they should put the login timer on a 7 to 10 minute random cooldown, that would help... I think :P.
  • Options
    amad0riusamad0rius Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ooooh to long ;(
  • Options
    matii1509matii1509 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kreonas wrote: »

"Please note that if you've tried to bypass the Launcher with gameclient.exe, you'll receive an Account Error timeout."
  • Options
    apophiss2004apophiss2004 Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2013
    Please note that if you've tried to bypass the Launcher with gameclient.exe, you'll receive an Account Error timeout. But we'll have a fix for the Launcher soon!
  • Options
    althahfcalthahfc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 91
    edited April 2013
    "Please note that if you've tried to bypass the Launcher with gameclient.exe, you'll receive an Account Error timeout. But we'll have a fix for the Launcher soon!"

- Developer post from the Neverwinter FB page
  • Options
    wolfshadwwolfshadw Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Quick! Invest in Kleenex! Allergy Season has kicked into high gear.

In other news, The launcher is not working for me and all I have in my "Live" folder is a "PIGG" folder.

All told, just not a great start of the day for me. :)

-Wolf sends
  • Options
    nononse22nononse22 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    got to login screen but than i got error crash great
  • Options
    sodbobsodsodbobsod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kreonas wrote: »

that dont work. you still need to patch the game.
  • Options
    mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    taking-gimli-too-long.jpg
  • Options
    kimoy8520kimoy8520 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lmao. silly image.
  • Options
    imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There is a patch after you log in from the launcher

36082549.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sousama6sousama6 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    it
  • Options
    johimjajohimja Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    server_down_accounting_cartoon.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    theenexys wrote: »
    MMOs have a high dev cost, but a low maintenance budget. Maintaining an MMO is a lot cheaper than developing one. They aren't banking on day1 sales, and whiners like the people i've been quoting aren't going to spend a penny on the game anyway.

Yes, they expect a revenue, but it's not immediate, and expecting a free MMO that's had enormous hype, and a strong ad campaign running to run flawlessly on day1 is asinine.

People complaining about feeling bucked over need to chill out and get over themselves.

Yeah, after testing quite a few games on Alpha and Closed-Beta I'm a bit aware on how MMOs run. I didn't read back on the previous posts so my apologies that I didn't know the history of where it came from. But anyway, all games aren't perfect, there will be bugs and glitches. Be glad the devs here act quick and players don't get stale from waiting.

Bottom line is, don't play it if you're not having fun. Afterall, games are meant to be fun! See ya around, tata and thank you!
  • Options
    mandakinsmandakins Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ahhhh let me log in then error -.-
  • Options
    vladrak84vladrak84 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    game is "working" as expected 8-) no playing tonight guyz :)
  • Options
    minhazulminhazul Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    matii1509 wrote: »
    Same, stuck on loading

yup, its cause there are so many ppl trying to connect at the same time, it overloaded pwe server