test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Open Beta has begun!

Comments

• nikkitawittanikkitawitta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I downloaded the game when it was on CBT since I had a beta key, the only thing I need to do is download the patch right? Or do I have to download it from the site again? Also, is there like a "pause" button, that if I stop downloading it for a while, it will resume from whence it last downloaded?
  • johimjajohimja Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    connection_failed.png
  • horrorshowrothorrorshowrot Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live ,Wait for it to load log in I am playing it now.
  • horrorshowrothorrorshowrot Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Let me rephrase that I was on the character select and then crashed....
  • asdfqwertysasdfqwertys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I downloaded the game when it was on CBT since I had a beta key, the only thing I need to do is download the patch right? Or do I have to download it from the site again? Also, is there like a "pause" button, that if I stop downloading it for a while, it will resume from whence it last downloaded?

Should be a few GB's but yes it saves the downloaded parts and restarts..There is no pause, just X the launcher and it will continue next time where you left it, the file size will be reduced.
  • azulchicoazulchico Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There goes my name I had in mind to use -_-

You will still be able to use your name. They are tied tor your account handle. So you can be 'Cool Name@you' and I can be 'Cool Name@me' and it'll say 'Cool Name' above both our heads in game. Yay Cryptic (all their games are like this). Hence the 1236487223449984574560 Drizzt Do'Urdens running around yesterday :D
  • uniqueviluniquevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    well heroes and guardians ONLY and their server have issue
    with now more players it will be GG
    seems like companies just overestimate their server always
  • hedas8hedas8 Member Posts: 100
    edited April 2013
    gandalf the white
    so is the screen
    "you shall not pass!"
    a pain in the spleen
    where is all the fun?
    why so mean?
    "Vera libertas dissipabis omnem tantibus" me.
    Hedas 60 GWF.
    Hrod 60 GF.
    Alain Loreweaver 60 CW.
    Dragon.
  • pattyvdpattyvd Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Pfff i just want to create my character names before there taken :(
  • asymmoasymmo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just wanted to say hi :)
  • azulchicoazulchico Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Just run the launcher from the previous beta. It will download only the changes. If you need to pause the launcher, just close it and reopen it when you are ready to resume.
  • battl3hamm3rbattl3hamm3r Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live ,Wait for it to load log in I am playing it now.

Works to get into the game, but you still have to connect to the server and that's a different story !

Thanks anyway bro
  • tulmaktulmak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is the beta client supposed to work as long as we patch it?
  • martinwilkenmartinwilken Member Posts: 0
    edited April 2013
    atleast diablo 3 learned me something in life.... i would always have to deal with this **** some were in time again :P
  • apophiss2004apophiss2004 Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2013
    The Launcher's experiencing high load at the moment. We're working on it and should have it smoothed out soon!
  • rattlestumprattlestump Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    johimja wrote: »
    connection_failed.png

^^Yup, that's me as well :D
    edited April 2013
    pattyvd wrote: »
    Pfff i just want to create my character names before there taken :(

Character names are not unique. Account handles are. You don't need to worry about reserving names.
  • nononse22nononse22 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Jelly time
  • sovereign108sovereign108 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was just playing it dunno whats going on!
  • imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This happen when many players try to log in at the same time server can't handle it just wait :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stealthyfoolstealthyfool Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you get in, try to come back to post on how you did or if it just took constant retries.
  • sovereign108sovereign108 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lol, I quit just to test the launcher and it indeed doesn't work! I can't get in, silly me!!!
  • sorchia8735sorchia8735 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    no, this is what happens when yer servers are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> :)
  • nononse22nononse22 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is spartaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • jeska23jeska23 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Uninstall button is working btw.
  • beliafbeliaf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    1million players that constant retries will help to fix the server lmao. just wait...
  • theenexystheenexys Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    uniquevil wrote: »
    well heroes and guardians ONLY and their server have issue
    with now more players it will be GG
    seems like companies just overestimate their server always

Yeah man god forbid these companies launching free games are not spending enormous amounts of revenue on servers for a day1 mmo launch. How dare they not bankrupt themselves for a game where 90% of the userbase won't spend a dime?

--

ITT : People who ***** about day1 mmo launches, but continue to hammer login servers every time a new one comes out. If companies "never learn" from bad launches, what does that say about consumers who are still putting up their expectations?
    Seriously folks, run the client, wait, come back in an hour and things will be just fine. It's a game, not a winning lottery ticket.
  • narkolethicsnarkolethics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lol, I quit just to test the launcher and it indeed doesn't work! I can't get in, silly me!!!

lol.......
  • nikkitawittanikkitawitta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Should be a few GB's but yes it saves the downloaded parts and restarts..There is no pause, just X the launcher and it will continue next time where you left it, the file size will be reduced.

Great! Thanks for the quick response. Grazie mille!
  • steelpulsesteelpulse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Don't worry the Devs are aware & working on the problem.......servers will be back up ASAP!

Cryptic.jpg