test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to transfer astral diamonds

vdosis15vdosis15 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So being the **** that I am I transferred all of my astral diamonds to a char that i plan on rerolling? Is it possible to send these AD from my main to another character or am I pretty much SOL?
Post edited by vdosis15 on

Comments

• Options
    hokonosohokonoso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 40
    edited April 2013
    just sell an item for a ton of AD on one char and buy it on the other? thought this was obvious...
    What is democrazy? It is a government in which the ruling power is given to whoever is most skillful at directing the herd instincts of the largest masses of their most ignorant citizens.
    --Nom Anor
  • Options
    psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think astral diamonds are linked to the characters.

Its too bad they made this game based on astral diamonds as the only way to buy and sell most every thing too...

And they also don't support character server transfers either.

And I found that you cant actually send your items through the in game mail system very well either.

soooooI hate to say it...but you are indeed SOL.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• Options
    someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you put them into the zen trading market then cancel it goes into a server wide pool, which can be picked up by any character on that server.
  • Options
    vdosis15vdosis15 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hokonoso wrote: »
    just sell an item for a ton of AD on one char and buy it on the other? thought this was obvious...

How can my character with no AD buy an item from my char that does for a huge amount... That doesnt even make sense
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    someoneod wrote: »
    If you put them into the zen trading market then cancel it goes into a server wide pool, which can be picked up by any character on that server.

Thanks man. Sounds like that may be my only hope. Can anyone confirm that has done this already?
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    vdosis15 wrote: »
    How can my character with no AD buy an item from my char that does for a huge amount... That doesnt even make sense

the character with none posts some stupid common item for 2 million, your character with the diamonds buys it. Theres a listing fee so you may need to do small amounts a few times to give your main a cushion for the big final item listing fee. you were reading and taking it in reverse I think.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    beaghan1 wrote: »
    the character with none posts some stupid common item for 2 million, your character with the diamonds buys it. Theres a listing fee so you may need to do small amounts a few times to give your main a cushion for the big final item listing fee. you were reading and taking it in reverse I think.

Ah ok my bad. Been a long monday already lol. I'll definitely give this a shot. Thanks.
  • Options
    someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would be careful of using the auction method, as most auctions take a percentage cut. Try the zen trade market option, as that loses you nothing, and you can just reclaim them if for some reason it no longer works.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Just wanted to say thanks to all for the helpful comments.
  • Options
    hokonosohokonoso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 40
    edited April 2013
    if they are tradeable im sure it will be easy to multibox to switch among characters come tomorrow since the game is free and everyone can have 11ty billion accounts... i only have the 1 main character so havent tried to do anything with my 2 million AD yet...
    What is democrazy? It is a government in which the ruling power is given to whoever is most skillful at directing the herd instincts of the largest masses of their most ignorant citizens.
    --Nom Anor
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    hokonoso wrote: »
    if they are tradeable im sure it will be easy to multibox to switch among characters come tomorrow since the game is free and everyone can have 11ty billion accounts... i only have the 1 main character so havent tried to do anything with my 2 million AD yet...

We never mentioned tradeable, however the 'list something high then have someone else buy it' via auction transfer is a borderline exploit if it is not intended to be transferred between accounts. Plus multiboxing might not be allowed, plus multiboxing is more difficult in a cursor-aimed hotkey based game, with dynamic dodging/blocking.
  • Options
    martianmanrapermartianmanraper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013

How in the world do you cancel it? 250,000 ADs are now gone and it lists my transactions but no actives. I had no time to cancel anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bullsonparade87bullsonparade87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How in the world do you cancel it? 250,000 ADs are now gone and it lists my transactions but no actives. I had no time to cancel anything.

Same thing happened to me.. I screwed up the zen trade since it was my first time and accidentally bought 1,200 zen for 600k AD. Didn't know it would purchase it right away, there was nothing to cancel. So now I'm stuck trying to sell the 1,200 zen for 600k AD..
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . There needs to be a deposit button in the AD Exchange. /opinion

. . . . . When depositing, always sell for the most profit (e.g. 50 AD per Zen), that way no one in their right mind would buy it for that.. if they do.. sweet! After it is listed, go to your listings tab and click cancel. It will then go into your Exchange Pool, which you may then log into another character on that same Shard to Withdraw them, or some of them. Note, when making listings, the Pool will be used first before it subtracts from the character's personal inventory.
  • Options
    powersoulpowersoul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . There needs to be a deposit button in the AD Exchange. /opinion

. . . . . When depositing, always sell for the most profit (e.g. 50 AD per Zen), that way no one in their right mind would buy it for that.. if they do.. sweet! After it is listed, go to your listings tab and click cancel. It will then go into your Exchange Pool, which you may then log into another character on that same Shard to Withdraw them, or some of them. Note, when making listings, the Pool will be used first before it subtracts from the character's personal inventory.

I figured there would already be a deposit function. In the other PWE games I played they allowed you to deposit currencies into the trader before setting any price to sell them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vdosis15 wrote: »
    Thanks man. Sounds like that may be my only hope. Can anyone confirm that has done this already?

I've done it. Transferred my 600,000 to my remade main.
    Put out an offer to buy zen for your like 50 AD each. Then immediately cancel it. You can then log any character and reclaim the AD.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I like how most of the features in this game aren't explained anywhere but forums.
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »
    I like how most of the features in this game aren't explained anywhere but forums.

yep.

Zone chat is full of questions for the simplest of things. You'd think the tutorial could cover more than just the obvious controls, how to dodge and pressing SPACE to jump...
  • Options
    mensarmensar Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the proper answer to this question is:

It's not meant to be transferred between characters or there would be an easy way to do it.

If you're suggesting one, there's a thread for that.

If you're recommending or explaining an exploit, prepare for a ban.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mensar wrote: »
    I think the proper answer to this question is:

It's not meant to be transferred between characters or there would be an easy way to do it.

If you're suggesting one, there's a thread for that.

If you're recommending or explaining an exploit, prepare for a ban.

Wait what?
    Get off your high horse and read through the thread before posting nonsense.