test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mindflayer server crashed?

Comments

• Options
    rubberduckie3rubberduckie3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited April 2013
    metalios wrote: »
    wow even the PW support page is down....says its stuck in a loop....hack?

h1D0ACFE0
  • Options
    oldsnakemgsoldsnakemgs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited April 2013
    Any official word would be nice - thanks.
  • Options
    zhaocore86zhaocore86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    o wow, i checked this thread a few minutes ago and it was not even 1 page..now 7!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    M I N D F L A Y E R | D C | G W F
  • Options
    celosia1971celosia1971 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jademistx wrote: »
    hope we get compensated for this crash in the dungeons:)

Yeah we will be compensated with a 2 hour roll back and a slap on the wrist for breaking the server :p
  • Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There is on the launcher it indicates that they are aware of the issue and working to resolve it.
  • Options
    retroisiretroisi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No Astral req:s We want ZEN'S!!!!

;-)
    H-bomb = Revenge of the Dungeon Master
  • Options
    argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Conspiracy theory here, since Mindflayer is the most popular server, they MUST be intentionally taking it down to force people to play on those oh so undesirable OTHER servers. (sarcasm off non conspiracy mode engaged)

BTW, Sentinel GWF stinks, anyone that every planned on one, DON'T! No AoE aggro mechanic makes them not work as add tanks. Cryptic needs to get back to the drawing board there.
  • Options
    southseasouthsea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    billing is down too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    vinunleaded it shows it right above the new character button.
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • Options
    vespira1vespira1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Mindflayer s up.
  • Options
    aarond2lodaarond2lod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just got home from work, tried to login and bam, mindlflayer is down, any news about this would be nice, there's nothing on any of the social networking sites and no dev post as of yet, come on guys pull your finger out, we're your paying customers..
  • Options
    argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Time to play with the Foundry :P
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited April 2013
    tomorrow is going to be really messy :P
  • Options
    vandsmithvandsmith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "The game will ultimately use a single server architecture so in the long run this question isn't even important.

However they have developed their new "Shard" system which emulates being on a separate server when they are expecting high volumes of traffic such as post launch. Any character you make on one shard will be limited to being played on that shard however these shards will ultimately be collapsed into one shard after the initial server stress has dissipated.

So the answer is yes you will be restricted to using that chacter on only one shard but in the end it really doesn't matter."
  • Options
    fptacklefptackle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I took today off work too :(. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. Was getting close to level 20!
  • Options
    mcdoobinzmcdoobinz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Pizza time, ps is anyone else's launcher pure white with no text on it?
  • Options
    reillanreillan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited April 2013
    Geesh, people go crazy when a server crashes. it's totally normal, people :)

Anyway, I can't get into my character through the gateway anymore, either :(
  • Options
    stgnt90stgnt90 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Those of us who have the maximum number of characters on Mindflay should be given a temporary character slot to create a character on another server if Mindflay is going to be down for longer than even an hour. Currently I am unable to play the game, and am unwilling to give you more money for another character slot just to play during the 3 day head start I already paid for :p
  • Options
    scopeblsscopebls Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    :D *sigh* It's always at some critical juncture in your questing, never when you're just thinking I'll go hang out in the moonstone mask while I grab a coffee or something... Right as I was about to complete a run I'd already had to attempt to get through twice and then abort in order to not miss one of the timed events coinciding with a groups dungeon crawl. ah well...
  • Options
    timmytentoestimmytentoes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The client has a message that says they are aware and are working to resolve the issue. Just chill ;)
  • Options
    bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    aarond2lod wrote: »
    Just got home from work, tried to login and bam, mindlflayer is down, any news about this would be nice, there's nothing on any of the social networking sites and no dev post as of yet, come on guys pull your finger out, we're your paying customers..

As I said its posted on the launcher they addressed it directly there
  • Options
    guktergukter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "Mindflayer currently unavailable." Says launcher now too. At least I got a book to read.
  • Options
    rellosiarellosia Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    server is up
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    vespira1 wrote: »
    Mindflayer s up.

I beg to differ :rolleyes:
  • Options
    lunaticziolunaticzio Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    scopebls wrote: »
    :D *sigh* It's always at some critical juncture in your questing, never when you're just thinking I'll go hang out in the moonstone mask while I grab a coffee or something... Right as I was about to complete a run I'd already had to attempt to get through twice and then abort in order to not miss one of the timed events coinciding with a groups dungeon crawl. ah well...

So very true.
  • Options
    maligkn0maligkn0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    its not showing my chars
  • Options
    eshlaeshla Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not only is it down but it show me as having no characters and only 1 slot to make any characters. :(

at least you have 1. All 3 of my characters where on mindflayer so I can't play at all.
  • Options
    fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Isn't this the server that most Rpers choose to go on ? <_________<

>_____________>
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • Options
    rellosiarellosia Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nm timeed out during log in
  • Options
    natemathnatemath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I logged in and it looks like a roll back happened too

Scratch that, no rollback.
    13.jpg