test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

There are some things I can overlook, but then again there are some things I can't.

ozewaozewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I can overlook using astral diamonds for the auction house and everything else in the game. That is fine, I guess I can just chalk that up to being part of the game, sure.

I can overlook you guys not tying to tie the foundry into the guild system so people can use foundry missions to develop a story for their guild.

I can overlook the way you rigged up the lockboxes so that they are impossible to discard and impossible not to pick them up.

I can overlook the fact that the only things that have reasonable valuations in the zen market are the convenience features like character slots and companion slots.

I can overlook all of that. I can overlook the fact that those aren't even my biggest gripes with the game.

I can not overlook the fact that companions feel disjointed and like their AI is completely broken. I don't know if that is how they actually are, or if they were intentionally programmed to feel underwhelming. Graphically and mechanically underwhelming. Please, fix that soon.
President of the Amnian Illithid Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC). Please spread the word that the term "Mind Flayer" is a derogatory term to our kind.
Post edited by ozewa on

Comments

• Options
    mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    read that lockboxes can be put up on auction.
  • Options
    ozewaozewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    read that lockboxes can be put up on auction.

That is going to be useful for a sum total of 5 more days. After that supply of lockboxes are going to outstrip demand by so much that lockboxes are going to have negative value to anybody that does not have hundreds of dollars to throw at keys. I'm betting that by May 30th I will be able to fill up all my available bank space with lockboxes purchased for 1 Astral Diamond per each, if not 1 AD per stack.

One solution to that would be a fairly esoteric drop schema that makes lockboxes stop dropping once you have a set amount of them in your inventory. (I haven't found the bank yet, but I think it exists). Once you get that amount, you can go stick them in your bank and collect more and that would satisfy a lot of people. That would really only be a problem for the first few levels when inventory space is really precious.

As I said though, I can overlook all of that if they just fix the companions.
    President of the Amnian Illithid Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC). Please spread the word that the term "Mind Flayer" is a derogatory term to our kind.
  • Options
    xenozenoxenozeno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can't discard them? :eek:
  • Options
    viith3003viith3003 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Suppose it will be like Black lion chests in GW2, have dozens in the bank and I really don't want to spend cash for the keys.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    xenozeno wrote: »
    You can't discard them? :eek:
    The only option you have is to open the box.
  • Options
    pansapienpansapien Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'll be saving my boxes for when they stop dropping. Then put them up for auction. I've made some money thusly in STO.
  • Options
    aurennaurenn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Okay, after hearing that the lockboxes can not be discared, and testing that out, I am more than a little peeved. I honestly hope to what ever higher power is in charge here make it so we can get enchanted keys with AD.

Considering the market now, I can roughly get about 1,125 for around 500k AD, I'd say selling the enchanted keys in bundles of 20 for 1mil AD would work.

Either that, or LET US DISCARD THEM. If we can not discard them and they take up inventory space, but they can be auctioned off, there will be such a massive influx of them to the auction house, and on top of that it costs AD to put them there in the first place. On top of that, I'm assuming if it isn't sold in the auction house it goes right back into your inventory right?
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ozewa wrote: »
    That is going to be useful for a sum total of 5 more days. After that supply of lockboxes are going to outstrip demand by so much that lockboxes are going to have negative value to anybody that does not have hundreds of dollars to throw at keys.

Again, if this is like STO, those that keep them and put them up for auction after they have gone bye bye will make more money. The lockboxes there change every so often, and people who missed things from them have only the AH to go to get them. I also think in that game you can delete them, but i forget.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Everybody getting hung up on lockboxes. All I'm asking is that they do another pass of the companions and make them not suck.
  • Options
    dramdrumdramdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited April 2013
    From what i have seen so far, the lockboxes stack and only take up 1 spot in my inventory.
    Is the a max stack size for them, anyone know?

And about there value and puting them on the auction house: the Wondrous Bazaar vendor sells an unlimited amount of them for 200 AD each, so i guess if you do put them up it is gonna have to be for less than that.
  • Options
    xarghulxarghul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited April 2013
    I did laugh observing my Panther fight. By fight, I mean stand there licking itself doing nothing. The odd slow motion pounce from time to time.

I once went to a place in Thailand that allows one to pet and pose with live tigers. They claim they aren't, but they are clearly drugged. Evidence being that I patted a giant one on the head and it didn't eat me.

It seems our panthers have been similarly drugged.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    xarghul wrote: »

It seems our panthers have been similarly drugged.

The wolves also seem to have been drugged.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ozewa wrote: »
    The wolves also seem to have been drugged.

My wolf juggles enemies often enough, which can be nice mitigation on occasion. Lots of times I can slash things while they are still hanging in the air.
  • Options
    hepljushepljus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    aurenn wrote: »
    Okay, after hearing that the lockboxes can not be discared, and testing that out, I am more than a little peeved. I honestly hope to what ever higher power is in charge here make it so we can get enchanted keys with AD.

Considering the market now, I can roughly get about 1,125 for around 500k AD, I'd say selling the enchanted keys in bundles of 20 for 1mil AD would work.

Either that, or LET US DISCARD THEM. If we can not discard them and they take up inventory space, but they can be auctioned off, there will be such a massive influx of them to the auction house, and on top of that it costs AD to put them there in the first place. On top of that, I'm assuming if it isn't sold in the auction house it goes right back into your inventory right?

I hope to god you are not buying any boxes over 200 on the AH, considering you can buy them for 200 AD each in the Astral Store if you need some. You can get 2500 for 500k AD.

As far as the topic I agree, it's a pretty shady tactic that reminds me of many shady games like Age Of Wushu.
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The lockboxes are, essentially, free AD. Put them on the AH for 100 AD and it adds up.
  • Options
    k4131k4131 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    how about early crafting items only coming in boosters? at least gem bags for smithing. not sure what else
  • Options
    mupkimupki Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    My wolf juggles enemies often enough, which can be nice mitigation on occasion. Lots of times I can slash things while they are still hanging in the air.

From what I can tell, the companions animals don't have an auto attack of any kind. They seem to only use their two abilties. The dire wolf has the bleed and the juggling bite.
  • Options
    zuluzulutozuluzuluto Member Posts: 112
    edited April 2013
    I'll be one of those selling stacks of them for whatever the minimum possible.
    If I make it that far before walking off in disgust.
    If I havent offended you today....dont worry!!!....there's always tomorrow. Of course, you could also go to here for all I care.
  • Options
    delgatto42delgatto42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Can you mail lockboxes by any chance? Can you trade them? If so, I think I will setup a toon just for long term lockbox storage.

Would the name "LockerRoom" be to cleche' and if not what class should I make this mule?
    When he gets to Heaven To Saint Peter he will say, "Hand me 4d6. Lets roll the dice and play!"
  • Options
    abaddonxkabaddonxk Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Honestly, the things people complain about these days. Lockboxes are free AD (and will be way more free AD when they go away), and people are actually *****ing that they can't throw them away and get nothing for them rather than something? Clearly this is an issue of the highest caliber.

Very much agreed about companions though. Some are better than others (the gold-bought Wizard one, for example, is pretty good at not being stupid) but why should any of them be so bad?
  • Options
    hokonosohokonoso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 40
    edited April 2013
    iono at rank 18 my panther is actually doing stuff now... i just think they dont do anything at low ranks as they really aren't able to even hit the mobs or whatever... id like to try the other companions but they all cap out at 15 and having one at 18 already makes me not want one stuck at 15... as a wizard i simply have no use for a panther dps pet tbh, much rather a wizard or cleric pet, melee does me no good since im using tons of cc and knockbacks anyways...
    What is democrazy? It is a government in which the ruling power is given to whoever is most skillful at directing the herd instincts of the largest masses of their most ignorant citizens.
    --Nom Anor
  • Options
    zuluzulutozuluzuluto Member Posts: 112
    edited April 2013
    abaddonxk wrote: »
    Honestly, the things people complain about these days. Lockboxes are free AD (and will be way more free AD when they go away), and people are actually *****ing that they can't throw them away and get nothing for them rather than something? Clearly this is an issue of the highest caliber.

Very much agreed about companions though. Some are better than others (the gold-bought Wizard one, for example, is pretty good at not being stupid) but why should any of them be so bad?

Because it is the same tactic as ....hey...I'll give you a free tablet....just come listen to this four hour long presentation and high pressure sales pitch........except I cant spit in the face of cryptic for being so disgusting.
    If I havent offended you today....dont worry!!!....there's always tomorrow. Of course, you could also go to here for all I care.
  • Options
    areoc81areoc81 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So, just for clarity purposes, the OP cannot overlook an issue in an OPEN BETA? You do realize what the means right? Instead of posting a passive aggressive emo thread about it, how about you fill out a bug report explaining the issues (which I'm sure Cryptic is aware of) and wait for it to be addressed. Christ, you people are a bunch of babies. If you don't want to play a game with issues that need tweeking, wait until the game goes into full release mode.

Signed, the community that understands what a beta is and how it works.
  • Options
    sinbornsinborn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zuluzuluto wrote: »
    Look at this guy at a timeshare presentation. He's a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for wanting to spit on the guys who run it.

This guy is ranking up there with the top 100 self-victimized people on the internet.
  • Options
    clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    areoc81 wrote: »
    So, just for clarity purposes, the OP cannot overlook an issue in an OPEN BETA? You do realize what the means right? Instead of posting a passive aggressive emo thread about it, how about you fill out a bug report explaining the issues (which I'm sure Cryptic is aware of) and wait for it to be addressed. Christ, you people are a bunch of babies. If you don't want to play a game with issues that need tweeking, wait until the game goes into full release mode.

Signed, the community that understands what a beta is and how it works.

Well personally at launch I expect an mmo to have issues and needing tweaks to even significant factors of the game. Having said that though.... the "this is only beta" argument I find to be ludicrous. It is semantics. For all practical purposes launch day is tomorrow. When the world becomes "permanent" and they start accepting your money that ia a launch in my book. I understand their reasoning for keeping this "beta" because it makes a good excuse for any major issues or drastic gameplay/balance tweaks, but again that is all semantics.

Having said that I playef over the weekend and found this to be one of smoothest and issue free launches I have seen. Hope that continues without server issues in coming days
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    clurdge wrote: »
    Well personally at launch I expect an mmo to have issues and needing tweaks to even significant factors of the game. Having said that though.... the "this is only beta" argument I find to be ludicrous. It is semantics. For all practical purposes launch day is tomorrow. When the world becomes "permanent" and they start accepting your money that ia a launch in my book. I understand their reasoning for keeping this "beta" because it makes a good excuse for any major issues or drastic gameplay/balance tweaks, but again that is all semantics.

Having said that I playef over the weekend and found this to be one of smoothest and issue free launches I have seen. Hope that continues without server issues in coming days

I'd like to point out that Cabal Online is *technically* still in open beta. It has been out since like 2008. A company can *technically* keep a product in beta FOREVER. The "THIS IS BETA" argument doesn't really do anything to address legitimate day 0 concerns.

Anyway, if the companion isn't doing something in the first 6 seconds I am in combat and something at least every 6 seconds thereafter... something is horribly wrong.

Also, keep in mind that I chose to complain about the companions being broken and not the fact that they didn't give me enough storage space to keep an extra pair of pants around and all of the miscellaneous clutter makes the lack of inventory space super duper annoying.
  • Options
    majhookmajhook Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Agree with the OP companions feel tacked on not a part of the game. I love mine I just wished they had more intelligence then my pet rock. went through several combat mobs with my pet sitting there licking himself, I ran through a fire just to teach him a lesson. The lockbox system is just like STO. Think of it as a rare set they will close down dropping this set of boxes. It is part of the economy and they stack hundred deep. You will make a ton when they go to the next box set on the AH.
  • Options
    rohk007rohk007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    seriously , there is no way they will not fix companions.....companions are a money maker for them and to some will keep them in game , they will fix it. I can tell they are broke as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sooperdwarfsooperdwarf Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can you dismiss companions?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    rohk007 wrote: »
    seriously , there is no way they will not fix companions.....companions are a money maker for them and to some will keep them in game , they will fix it. I can tell they are broke as well.

Klingons are also a money maker for Cryptic and it took several years for them to get some loving. Still waiting for my Fleet Kar'Fi and Ridgeless Klingon bridge officers. Admittedly the scale of the two issues is different, one is a want to give them money for something they do not (yet) provide and the other is a request that they make another pass at a core game mechanic.

Companions as a system are great, but mechanically they are flawed. I would like them to be mechanically sound is all.