test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

t3 Companions?

darvien19darvien19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 68
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Are you Kidding me?
you buy a t3 companion and it's not account wide??? 35 40$
a pop you have to be kidding me right? oversight?

If this is so GREED much?

Never played any mmo that when you purchase an EPIc mount / Companion.. they weren't account bound ...

love the game but B.jesus give us a break on the greed ,,

2. No bank account sharing ?dang even PWI has it and that's one of the biggest money sinks i've ever played..

sorry Cryptic you got my last penny ..
Post edited by darvien19 on

Comments

• Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah its pretty ridiculous. The prices are awful.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So i think this game is Pay to win
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mortoriusmortorius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So i think this game is Pay to win
    p2w for Epic mount / Companion? lol
    No Gods, no Masters. Knowledge is Power, and Power is Freedom.
  • Options
    mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    <meme removed per the RoC>
  • Options
    imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mortorius wrote: »
    p2w for Epic mount / Companion? lol
    xD sry misunderstanding
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darvien19darvien19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 68
    edited April 2013
    No not really ..

my only gripe is when you BUY epic companions / mounts they are NOT account bound..

other than that i had no problems with the Game
  • Options
    madcat124madcat124 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    To my understanding, you can get money by just playing the game. Isn't it just possible that they either want people playing the game a lot or they make money? Either way it's a win win for them.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Unbind the Companion ten you can send it to another character, trade or sell it.

Okay...you can return to your teeth gnashing now.:rolleyes:
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    darvien19 wrote: »
    No not really ..

my only gripe is when you BUY epic companions / mounts they are NOT account bound..

other than that i had no problems with the Game

for that i totally agree very expensive items mounts, companions, keys etc etc need to be account bound
  • Options
    jeronanjeronan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 54
    edited April 2013
    I seriously start to regret forking out the cash for the Guardian founder pack.

As Cryptic just does it again! They don't even mention it in the Cash Shop if an item is character bound / account wide!

And With those insane prices you at least expect them to be account wide! Still it's way too high! 20 bucks ok! 35-40 bucks? Absolutely <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!
    You normally buy an entire MMO expansion pack for those prices! /FACEPALM

This is going to be an Instant turn off for me in this game!

As T3 Companions and other T3 stuff is pretty much impossible to get ingame, unless you play litterly 24/7 for several months.... so you practically forced to use the Zen store.

And With these prices! Feck it! No way in hell! :mad:

I Guess it's back to GW2 for me. At least there they don't punch a ridiculous overpriced Cash Shop in Your face! /shrug
  • Options
    streethawkestreethawke Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am pretty sure mounts are character bound to all on your account.

Companions are not. But you only get one. You level them up, equip them, and you can sell them or give them up to your lowbies.

If you do not want to purchase these companions, you do not have to. The other companions are very very good. I still use my wayward wizard.

Plus they are designing a way to upgrade the companions from white > blue > purple just like the mounts.

Honestly, you do not have to spend a dime on this game, but you will have to work the system with the diamonds to zen if you want things in the Zen store. And getting diamonds is definitely possible.
    b_ro.png
    When you want to break the mold

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Have no problems with cryptic making money .. just can't see them keeping people into this game if they insist that people pay for every epic comapnion/mount.. per char and not making those purchases account bound..
  • Options
    jeronanjeronan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 54
    edited April 2013
    I am pretty sure mounts are character bound to all on your account.

Companions are not. But you only get one. You level them up, equip them, and you can sell them or give them up to your lowbies.

If you do not want to purchase these companions, you do not have to. The other companions are very very good. I still use my wayward wizard.

Plus they are designing a way to upgrade the companions from white > blue > purple just like the mounts.

Honestly, you do not have to spend a dime on this game, but you will have to work the system with the diamonds to zen if you want things in the Zen store. And getting diamonds is definitely possible.

You have seen those prices at the Vendors ingame?

Unless you are an Incredible hardcore player playing 24/7... it will still take you months to get even enough scraped together to buy something.

They pretty much force the Cash Shop through Your throat With this game!

I don't mind that for good stuff you need to work a little.... but currently ingame prices... it turns it into an awfull grind job!
    The average Asian grinder MMO will be dead jealous on this game when it comes to grinding. lol.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Have no problems with cryptic making money .. just can't see them keeping people into this game if they insist that people pay for every epic companion/mount.. per char and not making those purchases account bound..

Those things are not a necessity to play the game, as streethawke said the other companions are very good I actually prefer a couple of them to the epic ones and if you don't want to pay real money work for your AD buy them off the AH, you have to work one way or another in every other MMO I know of.

Bottom line is different people have different views on pay 2 win, and some could give a rats *** either way. This game will do well regardless.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    jeronan wrote: »

Unless you are an Incredible hardcore player playing 24/7... it will still take you months to get even enough scraped together to buy something.

I don't mind that for good stuff you need to work a little.... but currently ingame prices... it turns it into an awfull grind job!
    The average Asian grinder MMO will be dead jealous on this game when it comes to grinding. lol.

I earned eight hundred AD from doing two dailies, I spent 350 AD on two keys and bought two Nm boxes for 400. I received the firehawk, a nice blue enchant and an idol that gave me 400 AD back in the next daliy.

The grind it was sooo long :rolleyes:
  • Options
    mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited April 2013

Really? By the time I got my first companion, I had enough gold to buy another. What level are you? WAIT! I know! Your one of those trolls who goes out looking at stuff at level 4 saying, "How can I afford this!", without getting to the right level for a companion (level 16). On top of that you can choose between 4 or 5 companions for free! And you dont have to worry about getting a mount till level 20. If you dont have enough gold by then...... well your doing something wrong. I'm only level 20 and I have 4 gold.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Not what my post is about people!

i have hotn i have a descent mount and companion already.... MY post is about BUYING a companion/mount T3 types and those purchases not being account bound...
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    mandodo69 wrote: »
    Really? By the time I got my first companion, I had enough gold to buy another. What level are you? WAIT! I know! Your one of those trolls who goes out looking at stuff at level 4 saying, "How can I afford this!", without getting to the right level for a companion (level 16). On top of that you can choose between 4 or 5 companions for free! And you dont have to worry about getting a mount till level 20. If you dont have enough gold by then...... well your doing something wrong. I'm only level 20 and I have 4 gold.

I am talking about the T3 Companions that require currency that is insanely hard to acquire! Not the regular T1 trash you get for free doing quests.

T1 Companions stop at rank 15. T3 go till rank 30.

And even if they allow you to Upgrade T1 Companions in near future. If the current Upgrade prices for Mount skills are any indication and the amount of AD you need to get to T3. Well.... good Luck!

I play games for fun! Not to turn it into a second job! Sorry.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    mandodo69 wrote: »

Off topic.. nice guild name i want to join on 30 :)
  • Options
    mcwhorterd1mcwhorterd1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I will agree that some of the prices are a little steep but just because you want something that you do not need to play the game does not mean you have to buy it.
  • Options
    pansapienpansapien Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Any mount you buy with Zen is account wide, unless they changed that since BW4. Companions are not.
  • Options
    aevlomaevlom Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I earned eight hundred AD from doing two dailies, I spent 350 AD on two keys and bought two Nm boxes for 400. I received the firehawk, a nice blue enchant and an idol that gave me 400 AD back in the next daliy.

The grind it was sooo long :rolleyes:

If you got 2 keys for 350 AD, you either ripped someone off, or took advantage of someone simple-minded and you'll never see them again at that price, ever.
    Your argument is invalid.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I will agree that some of the prices are a little steep but just because you want something that you do not need to play the game does not mean you have to buy it.

I really don't mind Cryptic needing to make Money off this game.

Item shops were suppose to be Micro transactions! Not 35-40 dollars/euro per decent item. It's insane!

And when you see these same items ingame on the vendor and how much rare currency / AD they cost! The average player/casual player will never be able to afford it. Not ingame nor With those prices in the Zen shop!

Sorry... I am not poor... far from it. But seriously, I refuse to pay THAT much for an item in the cash shop.

But I do have a fulltime job and Family! So I don't have time to play 10 hours a day!
    Even if you manage to play 3 hours a day.... pretty much all T3 stuff is just out of Reach! Period.

Cryptic is trying really hard to stomp their Zen Shop through Our mouths and make us spend a lot of REAL cash!

Sorry.... no thanks! Like I said before. I play games for fun! Not as a second job!

I have never asked for a refund before. Today is the first time I send in a refund request!

It's a real shame such a great game being ruined by UTTER COMPANY GREED! :mad:
  • Options
    moodaymooday Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 54
    edited April 2013
    Sorry... I am not poor... far from it. But seriously, I refuse to pay THAT much for an item in the cash shop.

Then....GASP....don't buy it?
  • Options
    aullah12aullah12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Im happy they are not account bind.
  • Options
    fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am talking about the T3 Companions that require currency that is insanely hard to acquire! Not the regular T1 trash you get for free doing quests.

T1 Companions stop at rank 15. T3 go till rank 30.

And even if they allow you to Upgrade T1 Companions in near future. If the current Upgrade prices for Mount skills are any indication and the amount of AD you need to get to T3. Well.... good Luck!

I play games for fun! Not to turn it into a second job! Sorry.

You can easily farm the ammount of AD you need at endgame.. I'm currently 60 and I get about 300-500k everyday. Just by selling stuff on AH, doing dailies and participating in events.
  • Options
    johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Are you Kidding me?
    you buy a t3 companion and it's not account wide??? 35 40$
    a pop you have to be kidding me right? oversight?

If this is so GREED much?

Never played any mmo that when you purchase an EPIc mount / Companion.. they weren't account bound ...

love the game but B.jesus give us a break on the greed ,,

2. No bank account sharing ?dang even PWI has it and that's one of the biggest money sinks i've ever played..

sorry Cryptic you got my last penny ..

Well man thanks for beta testing the last few days. Hope you had fun while doing so as well.

Now when I start playing tomorrow the game will be more fun for me the free player.

I challenge myself by playing free and getting as far as a guy that puts in $200+

Its like me trying to beat an athlete that is using steroids, also I will probably play longer since I didnt rush or pay to win, I have to earn it and take my time to enjoy the game.
  • Options
    raal1raal1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I keep hearing this game is pay to win. How much do I have to pay and what do I win?
  • Options
    aurennaurenn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not what my post is about people!

i have hotn i have a descent mount and companion already.... MY post is about BUYING a companion/mount T3 types and those purchases not being account bound...

First, the mounts you purchase with zen are ACCOUNT BOUND, the companions you buy can be TURNED IDLE and then you can MAIL IT to one of your other characters.

The reason I suspect they did this is because people would want to be able to train up a companion, gear it up, then auction it off. I how ever bought both packs and thus have no need to even consider purchasing a mount or companion aside from my own desire for a personal story with my character...Which is there a part of the forums for character background discussions or something?
  • Options
    hydrahamhydraham Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The whole pricing system is completely broken.

Hopefully they make the prices reasonable down the line. And can you not unlock bank slots in-game? Do you HAVE to spend real money? If so, that's bull.