test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rubberbanding Time-loop / Cannot Progress Character

forumralcoreforumralcore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
The game worked wonderfully without lag or issue up to level 4, where I need to return to Sgt. Knox. Not only am I unable to interact with Sgt. Knox, but each time I run to him, I get snapped back to where I loaded in. Think "Groundhog's Day" but only a 20 second loop in which I run 30 feet, rinse and repeat.

Took a break from this, rolled an alt. This new character works perfectly so far, no issues. Upon returning to the level 4, same thing still happening, stuck in the time loop. During this time, chat does not update, and eventually I will get an in-game message saying I am idle.

I tried to place GM tickets in game, but without success, and I am also unable to click the button to change the server instance. Anyone else having this issue?
Post edited by forumralcore on

Comments

• tilviustilvius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited April 2013
    Rubberbanding seems to be pretty common with Cryptic servers. It was like this with STO now its going to be like that on Neverwinter.
  • dumpowerdumpower Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    stuck in the time loop.

Same problem for me.
    No answer from anyone at all....

I'm so saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad :(
  • darattleheaddarattlehead Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Having the same problem. Was really wanting to play this weekend.
  • daxx360daxx360 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've also been having this every couple of minuets. It's very annoying while questing, makes joining dungeons and skirmishes very, very hard (esp as tank and healer) and makes PvP near impossible. I dread to think how bad it's going to be on Tuesday, or worse yet when they merge the three servers into one... Sad times, sad times indeed.
  • feyllfeyll Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm getting lagged like crazy too... but I know cryptic's gonna stick their head in the sand over their horrible servers like usual. That's one way to fix it without having to upgrade the piles of junk. Ignore players, players leave, less players, less server strain. -_-
    Critics breed growth, apologists (fanboys) breed stagnation.
  • forumralcoreforumralcore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Now have my third level 4 character, as I cannot progress past that point at all. As soon as I get to the point where you go to the city to talk to Knox, I seem to fall out of synch and can no longer do anything.
  • ravenrabbitravenrabbit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Question: Do any of you have the on demand patching enabled? There have been instances where having that enabled has caused lag and rubberbanding. Disable it and see if it works better.
  • rierynrieryn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Having the same issue and thought it was my internet, until I was able to play a few other games with no lag issues.
    I did have a check for disable on demand patching.
    I'll try it unchecked too...just to see
  • zuvielezuviele Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited April 2013
    tilvius wrote: »
    Rubberbanding seems to be pretty common with Cryptic servers. It was like this with STO now its going to be like that on Neverwinter.

I had this problem in beta weekend #1. I haven't played since then until now. Same issue. I was hopeful they had fixed it. Guess I won't be getting my $60 worth
    The Harper series (NWS-DG3ALMAAC):
    • Part 1: The Rescue (NW-DHWDQZ9YD)
  • zuvielezuviele Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited April 2013
    Question: Do any of you have the on demand patching enabled? There have been instances where having that enabled has caused lag and rubberbanding. Disable it and see if it works better.

The two might be related, because my patcher patches at about the rate of 1KB/sec. That is not an exaggeration. It is that awful.

I tried reinstalling, and it made no difference.
    edited April 2013
    Nope. I've had that off for a long time, Ravenrabbit.
  • forumralcoreforumralcore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm really disappointed in this situation. I know it's still "Beta" but its not a very effective one if people can't play the game, right?

Hoping this gets sorted out, as I was very strongly recommending Neverwinter to my very large online community, and will be quite embarassed when people find they can't even play.
  • dumpowerdumpower Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's a beta so I can understand and accept that we can have some problems.
    I'm not a computer programmer, so I don't know if they can repair this bug rapidly or not.

But what I don't understand, it's that we have no detail, no feed back, nothing about this bug.
    I don't know, a "we are already working on it" or an explanation.

Here, we are in the dark....
    edited April 2013
    feyll wrote: »

Confirmed. I turned it off and I still leash.

By the way, for you folks that are hoping for a timely fix, many of us had this problem in the first beta weekend, and it was very well documented back then. So that was almost two months ago, and no change. Come back in two more months maybe
    edited April 2013
    zuviele wrote: »
    Confirmed. I turned it off and I still leash.

By the way, for you folks that are hoping for a timely fix, many of us had this problem in the first beta weekend, and it was very well documented back then. So that was almost two months ago, and no change. Come back in two more months maybe

Cryptic rarely bothers fixing lag. They'll shift blame and keep piling new games on their aging server that CO, STO, and NW all share. Yes. Singular server... which doubles it's lag every time a new title is released. If they had different servers for each game this wouldn't happen. I saw it happen in CO when STO sent live and I'm seeing it when I drop into Neverwinter now that it's kickin' around. Two was a bit much, guys, but three? Yeah. Good luck making that work at all.
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    forumralcore did you post a ticket through the support portal under technical? Make sure Neverwinter is in the title or somewhere. Also you could try pming the devs that have posted on here.
  • tilviustilvius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited April 2013
    Yes a lot of us are not getting our moneys worth. But that's the thing. We could leave and never come back. Or we can keep post's like these up. I've noticed threads like these all over the place but then they stop posting. I assume those players have moved on. I for one will be bumping these posts and similar threads until we get some fixes. (fingers cross)

Seriously, I'm playing from Australia and I do have a decent connection. Sure connecting to another countries server is going to cause net lag my end, but I have never had it as worst then this game. Other games like Guild Wars 2, WoW, SWTOR etc that i have played in the past has never had responsiveness issues as serious as this game. I'm sorry Cryptic. I'm very happy with all your games ESPECIALLY this game. Please get back to the community about this.
  • maggsmaggs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So the option disable on demand patching fixed my rubber banding issues.
    edited April 2013
    Yeah it has for me as well... Now I can actually enjoy the game. Wish I knew bought this back when I was playing STO...
  • hanskisaragihanskisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Iv had minor lag but no rubber banding etc, have not had any issue with this since Champions online beta. i remember i had 1000 ping back then but they worked it out
  • ravenrabbitravenrabbit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    feyll wrote: »

Ah well, was an idea.
    edited May 2013
    Been working on this, with no improvement. Copy/paste from my Reddit post looking for help, as it is more detailed than my original post:

I cannot get a character to progress past level 4. As soon as I finish the Bridge and port to Protector's Enclave, the game essentially ends for me. To elaborate:

The game runs wonderfully up to Protector's Enclave on full settings (recommended). Once inside, I seem to lose Sync with the server or something; it is like Rubberbanding, but permanent. The Home screen displays Headings (Dungeon, Scirmish, etc) but nothing with details, because it doesn't seem to be pulling info from the server. I cannot interract with NPCs, doors, anything; nor can I switch overflows. I see other players, but no chat. I can move wherever, but will eventually, invariably, snap back to the door I walked through from the bridge. After some time, I get a system message saying I am going Idle, so clearly my movements and actions are not being relayed.

I uninstalled, reinstalled, repatched as of Open Beta last night EST. Made new characters (again...getting really good at levels 1-4 lol), sat in the queue, got to Protector's Enclave...and same thing. Game essentially over for me. No variation, other than my FIRST character was able to progress perhaps ONE STEP further than all my Alts (to the point where you start taking loot from Chests by the quest NPCs). He did end up getting stuck in PE though, right where I need to talk to Knox to hit 5 and get my Guardian loot.

I am a Guardian of the North, so not a FTP before anyone says I'm complaining about a free game. Just wondering if anyone else came across this issue, and hoping people might have suggestions to correct this. Thanks!
  • skydiversrskydiversr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tilvius wrote: »
    Yes a lot of us are not getting our moneys worth. But that's the thing. We could leave and never come back. Or we can keep post's like these up. I've noticed threads like these all over the place but then they stop posting. I assume those players have moved on. I for one will be bumping these posts and similar threads until we get some fixes. (fingers cross)

Seriously, I'm playing from Australia and I do have a decent connection. Sure connecting to another countries server is going to cause net lag my end, but I have never had it as worst then this game. Other games like Guild Wars 2, WoW, SWTOR etc that i have played in the past has never had responsiveness issues as serious as this game. I'm sorry Cryptic. I'm very happy with all your games ESPECIALLY this game. Please get back to the community about this.

i agree with you. this is realllly annoying very annoying;/
  • rizazxrizazx Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bump, my girlfriend is having the same problem and cannot progress past level 4.
  • valuviousvaluvious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue. I'll try relogging for up to an hour and a half trying to fix the issue and I'll get to play up until my next loading screen and then it'll happen again.
  • valuviousvaluvious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rizazx was able to discover a fix that has worked for both me and him. If you have Asus AI Suite II, either uninstall it or just shut off Network iControl. It was severely bottlenecking our upload speeds and getting rid of it has fixed the issue for us.
  • evic2012evic2012 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am experiencing this issue to, with 2 characters i created, just the moment i teleported to the city i cant progress it teleports me back to the spawn location.
  • skairrjskairrj Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valuvious wrote: »
    Rizazx was able to discover a fix that has worked for both me and him. If you have Asus AI Suite II, either uninstall it or just shut off Network iControl. It was severely bottlenecking our upload speeds and getting rid of it has fixed the issue for us.

Thank you, this worked for me aswell. Godammit, i just turned off Network Icontrol and this worked.
  • skairrjskairrj Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I find it wierd how Network Icontrol could bottleneck the program at that specific location. I have 70/10 line and this is only game this happen to me.
    edited May 2013
    valuvious wrote: »

Holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, sir. I haven't tried this yet, but I bet you're absolutely correct for me too. My upload speed has been awful for no apparent reason, and I use the AI suite also. I'll update later when I get home and check if this fix solves my problem too.

Update:
    You are the master! You guys helped me fix a problem that's been plaguing me for a while. I just went from 270Kb/sec to 5.6Mb/sec upload speed
This discussion has been closed.