test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The 12 Year Plan

13»

Comments

• unah1unah1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Why would you actively seek out a non-gamer as a wife?

My husband doesn't game and I often wish he did. :(

I guess it never occurred to me that being a gamer chick would actually be a negative to gamer guys.. wow. Aren't you lot picky.

Essentially what you are saying is,
    "Ladies, you must like the things I do, but you may not do these things yourself. Instead, you must cook for me while I do the things you like that I do, that you are not allowed to do."
    ~~~~~Maeve Trinity :: Una Shinkicker~~~~~
    Grievance
    LiveStreaming (almost) Daily!
  • elderock67elderock67 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    unah1 wrote: »

I guess it never occurred to me that being a gamer chick would actually be a negative to gamer guys.. wow. Aren't you lot picky.

"Ladies, you must like the things I do, but you may not do these things yourself. Instead, you must cook for me while I do the things you like that I do, that you are not allowed to do."

Yes ma'am , err no ma'am....that is the typical response is it not? The reason I'm glad my wife doesn't game is so the kids don't starve. My wife doesn't have to like what I do, in fact she doesn't care for most of what I do (if she stopped long enough she would likely agree). She is a good woman and takes care of me (she has kicked me out of the kitchen) and I in kind take care of her. My nights cooking consist of ordering pizza or taking everyone out. If you are offended by what I have wrote, then my deepest apologies, as it was meant to be light hearted and bring some positivity from what I was viewing as a lot of negativity (at the time).

I hope that it clears it up a little. Happy hunting in neverwinter!
  • az3ll3az3ll3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited April 2013
    Someone have a wonderful wife! I need to find myself that kind of husband! Thank you for this little gem, I love a smile with my morning coffee.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vicclostvicclost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This post gave me cancer.
  • stonermkiistonermkii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    unah1 wrote: »

My wife is a gamer chick and i absolutely love it. Sharing my life with a girl that shares my passions for gaming..oh man its incredible. I cant even imagine at this point ever going back and dating a non gamer gal...would drive me bat #$@^ crazy. A definite plus to gamer chicks is you dont have to listen to her nag at you about getting off the games, but a downside is you often have to fight her for some game time, but i love it...fighting my old lady for game time..its hot.
  • diedreadiedrea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am a gaming wife. I think my husband likes this, since he doesnt get wife agro. Of course our kids are a bit older so they can take care of their own food if we need them to. ;)

I love the post though. very funny, and spot on for this household as well.
  • horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    vornado71 wrote: »
    You forgot to thank wife immensely for being understanding and buying her something nice.....

I thought it went assumed she rec'd a pearl necklace.
  • az3ll3az3ll3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited April 2013
    My ex was a gamer and from my experience this can be a blessing or a curse. Of course, you always have an adventuring partner, assuming you are playing the same game, which is not always the case when you of the loved one gets bored and wanna try something more interesting/new. There is also the whole looting issue... I remember my hun getting jealous at the loot I could win in dungeon groups and raids. It was not fun I assure you, but not everyone is acting like that. Heck I was happy when he won something nice.
    That leads me to maybe considering a non-gamer man next time lol. Or if he plays PS3 and me computer it would be ok. Same passion and none of the bad. Of course my experience is flawed, I'm sure some couples are doing just great!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fomantefomante Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just one problem. Could you explain what the need for a wife and children is all about? You already have the internet (I more or less just want to read some more hilarious ****). Great post. It had me in stitches.
  • fomantefomante Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    oops double post
  • chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    fomante wrote: »

Um... Yeah. Problem?

An entire religion says No.
  • holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This was funny. Good deal.
  • oghieroghier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 84
    edited April 2013
    You, sir, are definitely doing it right!
    - Snit (Cleric, Dragon Server)
    edited April 2013
    chomag wrote: »
    An entire religion says No.

And which one is that, pray tell?
  • hatiskhatisk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Really funny. :D Good read.
  • elderock67elderock67 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks, glad you enjoyed!
  • floredonfloredon Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why go through the trouble of getting married and reproducing? it interferes with your gaming time. single guy gamer master race coming through, out of my way.