test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

what a pitty to publisher..

mechafallmechafall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I bought founder pack because friends told me its an awesome game, once i get in game i cannot play it.. lagg to much and also my computer seem to old.

sent a mail to support about refund that i cannot play the game and they denied my refund, it just prove what kind of publisher this is, i feel pitty for them who cant understand players who cant play the game.

do they really believe people who get threated like this will spend any money on any of their games?

sad players, who hopping om some justice.
Post edited by mechafall on

Comments

• Options
    doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    This is unfortunately your own responsibility as you had the option to try out the game during the beta weekends and be aware that the system specs were provided. If you were aware that your computer was too old, then you shouldn't have bought the Hero of the North founder.

So this is again your own fault for not wanting to actual do research before purchasing a product.
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • Options
    diedreadiedrea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm confused. You can't play the game because you have a crappy computer and did not look at the system requirements beforehand?

They can't give you a refund because you have already applied the bonus features to your account.
  • Options
    az3ll3az3ll3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited April 2013
    Yes I was wondering the same thing, the minimal and best requirements were posted a while ago, you never checked them out?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mechafallmechafall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    diedrea wrote: »
    I'm confused. You can't play the game because you have a crappy computer and did not look at the system requirements beforehand?

They can't give you a refund because you have already applied the bonus features to your account.

my system req says it can handle it, should not be to hard to realise that or in fact i would never order the founder.
  • Options
    blixxtblixxt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    doowie1982 wrote: »
    This is unfortunately your own responsibility as you had the option to try out the game during the beta weekends and be aware that the system specs were provided. If you were aware that your computer was too old, then you shouldn't have bought the Hero of the North founder.

So this is again your own fault for not wanting to actual do research before purchasing a product.

pretty much this....how is the cryptics fault that your computer cant handle the game.are devs suppose to dial all new games back graphically for people who are still sitting on old rigs?doesnt make much sense.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    You have the minimum or recommended? Minimum means you'll be able to log in and somewhat play at super low settings, with all fancy stuff off like particles etc. you'll surely have lag also. Recommended is a better experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    i would never ask for a refund if i havnt already tested everything, thats the thing.
  • Options
    mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    upgrade your pc or try and sell your acc. not cryptics fault or responsibility to provide a refund.
  • Options
    blixxtblixxt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mechafall wrote: »
    i would never ask for a refund if i havnt already tested everything, thats the thing.

to be honest i doubt you will get the refund.
  • Options
    headbangerbaldheadbangerbald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well if your system can run it, have you tried tweaking some of the video settings?? maybe it will run better? :confused:
  • Options
    nendarcnendarc Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    diedrea wrote: »

^^^^^ This.
    Nendarc Battlehammer - Dwarf Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    If I was the company I would refund since this is pre-release only. Good customer service is important.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    diedreadiedrea Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Don't get me wrong. I feel bad for you that you cannot play it that well, but a refund won't apply here because your account is already active, has all of the features applied to it, and it was no fault of the company that it does not work for you.

You should try updating your graphics drivers, and sound drivers. Defrag the hard drive, and try to get as much performance as you can from your PC. Otherwise you will have to upgrade your PC.
  • Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    doowie1982 wrote: »

This
    /10 char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • Options
    doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    Agreed here to. Fyi all u trolls look one post down for the "i cant get in". If you want to troll there is your target. Not some guy who wishes he could play.

Capgarnas, I can understand you want to play the nice guy and none of us here are trolling or insulting. We are just informing the OP that unfortunately this whole situation falls into their hands of responsibility. However they have said "once i get in game i cannot play it.. lagg to much and also my computer seem to old." This doesn't mean they are unable to access the game, but due to the age of the hardware, their computer is not able to process the data quick enough.

Sure Perfect World could do a refund to this player, but it would unfortunately mean that the PW account may have to be banned or deleted. This all depends on what the customer support for Perfect World are able to do. Maybe the reversal of an account has to be done at a developer level or maybe their refund policy is like that of other game developers/publishers. Maybe it's like retail stores, where once you buy the game it can't be refunded as the cdkey/special items/features have been used.

In all honestly the OP should just send another support ticket, but I would recommend he gets someone who is able to write in English to type something for them. It could that due to broken/bad English the support didn't really understand their reason for a refund. Also they may have ended up with a customer support rep, who wasn't doing their job correctly. There are many reasons behind this, but again the hammer falls on the nail of responsibility. This is unfortunately one of many issues with new gamers where they are not proper consumers in today's market and have yet to understand the consequences of their actions or the typical doing some research before buying something.

And before someone says "The customer is always right" this is something a customer said and no someone who works in customer service because most customers don't know what they want most of the time.
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus

• Options
    betazeebetazee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Caveat Emptor - "this phrase also applies to the return policy. In most jurisdictions, there is no legal requirement for the vendor to provide a refund or exchange." -Wiki
  • Options
    elguirielguiri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So the publisher is the bad guy because you bought a game before you play it, or becouse your PC is from WWII?

Its yours RESPONSABILITY.
    All your daily MMORPG news in Spanish: www.zonammorpg.com
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I bought founder pack because friends told me its an awesome game, once i get in game i cannot play it.. lagg to much and also my computer seem to old.

sent a mail to support about refund that i cannot play the game and they denied my refund, it just prove what kind of publisher this is, i feel pitty for them who cant understand players who cant play the game.

do they really believe people who get threated like this will spend any money on any of their games?

sad players, who hopping om some justice.

I do not know if you have already tried this, but have you checked to see if you are playing on one of the Proxy Servers? If you are using one, try changing it (in the Launcher, under Options). This can have a HUGE impact on your experience. In the same Options menu you can try a Force Verify. It could clear up an issue with an improperly downloaded or corrupted file. Also, as a Champs vet, I can recommend a COMPLETE uninstall and reinstall of the entire game (and I mean COMPLETE, as in, after the Uninstall, go back and find any trace of the Game and manually delete it, including empty folders and screenshots). Often, at least with Champs, a miss-patched or poorly downloaded copy of the game will cause symptoms that appear to be lag, but are really glitches caused by corrupted files not loading correctly. And last but not least, did you Disable On Demand Patching? Again, look under the Options settings in the Launcher.
    I hope this helps, and sorry if all of this is obvious stuff that you have already tried. Hope you get things working better.

P.S.: I assume from your other posts that you have checked your Anti-Virus/Spy-Ware/Mal-Ware Programs to see if there is a problem or conflict, as well as updating your Drivers?

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Some upgrades on a computer don't cost an arm, maybe his computer doesn't need a whole surgery to offer a better performance. I would check into that, maybe post your specc so we can help?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    az3ll3 wrote: »
    Some upgrades on a computer don't cost an arm, maybe his computer doesn't need a whole surgery to offer a better performance. I would check into that, maybe post your specc so we can help?

This is very true. RAM is pretty cheap these days, and can give you a HUGE boost to performance.
  • Options
    themangroththemangroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Considering the minimum system requirements, and the fact that you spent $200 on a founders pack,

why not roll on down to your local computer supply store and pick up a refurb unit or a bottom tier off the shelf box job, for $200-$350.

My 55yr old mom has a computer that she uses to check e-mail and play farmville that exceeds the recommended requirements, and it was literally the cheapest one on the shelf
  • Options
    horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013

Ya shoulda just waited till Tuesday when you could have tried it for free. File under lesson learned.
  • Options
    puppetttpuppettt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    you could have built a computer well enough to play the game for 200$
  • Options
    asdfqwertysasdfqwertys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So, you have 200$ to give to a game before it even launches, and you dont have the money to upgrade your PC?

Sorry but that sounds like bs to me or well you are something i cant say on my first post that wouldnt get me banned.
  • Options
    astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    my system req says it can handle it, should not be to hard to realise that or in fact i would never order the founder.

If you meet the minimum requirements and the game doesn't run then it's likely something you can fix on your end. Get the latest drivers for your graphics card, make sure you don't have a lot of useless applications running in the background (virus scanners, firewalls, indexers), make sure your computer isn't infected with malware, and make sure you've rebooted your PC recently.

Minimum means you can run the game smoothly on lowest settings in most situations, or that is what it's supposed to mean.
  • Options
    leissesleisses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Format your computer, reinstall all drivers and play the game.

If that doesn't work check each part of the requirements and if you computer really apply.

My notebook is a little under the minimal in certain aspects and EXACTLY them on others and I can play it well (although I already ordered a new one that should be here in a few days ;) )
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    astazia wrote: »
    Minimum means you can run the game smoothly on lowest settings in most situations, or that is what it's supposed to mean.

This is indeed correct. You should never be trying to play the game with everything set to the highest option as it will just turn the game into a 1 frame per second game. You need to have everything set to the lowest option and everything else turned off.

Even with the lowest settings applied, even if your computer is over 10 years old, which I imagine it is, you will still get horrible framerate, which can only be fixed with upgrading your computer.
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus

• Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wow...how bad does a PC have to be not to be able to play a cryptic or PWI game?

My Daughter is playing on a AMD Athlon 2400 with one gig of ram and a Geforce 5200 from 2005, no lag graphics mostly turned all the way up. I couldn't sell that PC for a hundred bucks these days.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    ayamataayamata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 290 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Wow, it seems some of you are out for blood on this thread.
    I can't begin to fathom even after his post has been addressed and clarified that some of you continue to bash him repeatedly.
    I'm pretty sure he got the point after the first 3 posts.
    Some of you want to deem him as someone with 'lack of intelligence' and yet you're making it quite obvious that you have a 'lack of maturity'
    Grow up.

Mechafall, even though I feel for you, you honestly should've taken into consideration if your machine could handle this game.
    I understand that things like that are over-looked these days. With most of them having options to be able to run them at lower-quality, but better performance; it almost can almost be assumed that any game could be playable on any machine. Although sometimes, like in your case, some PC's simply can't handle certain games.

That being said, you could go into the Visual settings and move both sliders down to the "Speed" option and see if that helps you at all. If it doesn't, I'm sorry. I wish I could offer better information; but If that method is inefficient, my only guess is you would have to upgrade your machine's components.

Good luck!
    Hope everything works out for you. <3
    lunapic_136818015258135_1.gif
  • Options
    cynicalazamacynicalazama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited April 2013
    Did you play any of the Beta events?