test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Soloing class ?

drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
just wondering what would be decent fast soloing class with healing companion/friend if possible ?
Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
Post edited by drakeos99 on

Comments

• lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Most solo friendly is hands down the Rogue. I know a lot of people will say it's the Cleric, but being able to stealth really does trivialize a lot of things. Plus its **** fun to stab things in the face!
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    All of them.
    Tis hard to not solo virtually everything in this game.
    .-.

GWF become a pothead.
    GF hide behind shield.
    Cleric spam heal + AoE.
    CW spam AoE + CC
    TR spam stealth
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ill be trying out rogues until rangers get added :)
  • gtoxgtox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    drakeos99 wrote: »
    just wondering what would be decent fast soloing class with healing companion/friend if possible ?

How exactly do you solo with a friend? :confused:
  • nec0enec0e Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    all classes can solo pretty easily, rogue has great dmg but cleric has good dmg and survivability.
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I hear the great weapons fighter is a strong solo character.
  • chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    I hear the great weapons fighter is a strong solo character.

Who lied to you ?
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    chomag wrote: »
    Who lied to you ?

SHHHHH Sigh
  • orangerascalorangerascal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would say ... pick the class you want to play most. At the end of the day everyone gets to 60
  • dlcarterdlcarter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Last two days got a GF to level 21 and a cleric to level 9 and the cleric is way easier to solo than the Guardian fighter.
    Only reason the Fighter is the higher level is I have put more time into him.
    I am not lost, I am exploring. All who wander are not lost.
    Not all who seem to be lost want to be found.
    :D
  • elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Cleric likely because you'll never need to use a potion (contrary to popular belief). Plus it lets you use a striker or control companion instead.
    edited April 2013
    Im more of a range person but love the idea of stealth and fast attacking
  • chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Im more of a range person but love the idea of stealth and fast attacking

Me too, I'm vegetarian but I also like bacon.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Close to 30, the CW still works fine solo. I usually use the cleric for convenience, but keep my dire wolf up to date too, and that is not a problem either (faster, but I need a potion now and then, which isn't the case with the healer companion). Then again, the game becomes harder in the 30s, so I'll have to see how it goes.

The cleric (class) is probably the best later on, and early on it is as easy as gather mobs and then casting sunburst. But I think you can make any class work solo. Play something you enjoy, it's a game after all. :)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • xantrisxantris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Most solo friendly is hands down the Rogue. I know a lot of people will say it's the Cleric, but being able to stealth really does trivialize a lot of things. Plus its **** fun to stab things in the face!

All the rogues I've watched streaming at 60 have been struggling with survivability and dying a lot. The cleric seems to do better at endgame.
  • shampoushampou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    guardian fighter looks like the most interesting to me, anyone chime in on how easy they are to solo? logic would tell me they'd be slow to kill things but sturdier, but does that mean i end up chugging potions a lot more?
  • lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    xantris wrote: »
    All the rogues I've watched streaming at 60 have been struggling with survivability and dying a lot. The cleric seems to do better at endgame.

With a healer companion?

I am doing great so far, but not even close to 60 so I couldn't tell you. Things die too fast before they can actually harm me.
    edited April 2013
    Then Rogue is my class due to double attack/fast attacking ^^
  • kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited April 2013
    Every Class can solo just fine if played right and you picked the right companions for them.
  • xantrisxantris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    With a healer companion?

I am doing great so far, but not even close to 60 so I couldn't tell you. Things die too fast before they can actually harm me.

Companion doesn't matter from what I see, they just get smashed by packs. Specifically @ 60, prior to 60 rogues solo great. It's probably just a matter of readjusting play-styles, but just something I noticed..
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited April 2013
    They're all very easy to solo with.
    edited April 2013
    xantris wrote: »
    Companion doesn't matter from what I see, they just get smashed by packs. Specifically @ 60, prior to 60 rogues solo great. It's probably just a matter of readjusting play-styles, but just something I noticed..

<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I hope not. Recently soloed CT at 17. Still on my rush from that. Love the rogue and hope I can keep soloing that well at level cap.The CW is no match so far vs TR solo ability.
    edited April 2013
    Rerolled cleric and loving it :)
    edited April 2013
    Rerolled cleric and loving it :)

How is your killing speed? For me it seemed to drop drasticly at 20 and even more at 25+. Not having that issue with the rogue - so far at least.
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    How is your killing speed? For me it seemed to drop drasticly at 20 and even more at 25+. Not having that issue with the rogue - so far at least.

Clerics have some weird ups and downs while leveling. It also REALLY depends on your weapon. If you haven't upgraded in a few levels it can really hurt.

Also if you were running around with the founders weapon then that's your problem. That thing is ridiculously OP up to around level 20, then it's about right.
    edited April 2013
    Yep using founders weapon ^^
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Yep using founders weapon ^^

Well, any class should sail very smoothly through the first 15-20 levels with the Greycloak weapon. :) My CW is at 32 currently and things start to get harder, partly because my healer companion can't be leveled higher. May catch up my DC, who is somewhere around 15, just for comparisons sake. Should be faster since I won't read all quests this time.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
    edited April 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Well, any class should sail very smoothly through the first 15-20 levels with the Greycloak weapon. :) My CW is at 32 currently and things start to get harder, partly because my healer companion can't be leveled higher. May catch up my DC, who is somewhere around 15, just for comparisons sake. Should be faster since I won't read all quests this time.

I replaced my founders weapon at 20 with a blue item, and it was MUCH better. Swap that thing out at 20 if you can.
  • elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I replaced my founders weapon at 20 with a blue item, and it was MUCH better. Swap that thing out at 20 if you can.

I actually replaced mine with a 20 green with an offensive slot in it. The enchant on the greycloak isn't nearly as good as what you can get by then.
  • unjustbladeunjustblade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited April 2013
    kotli wrote: »
    Every Class can solo just fine if played right and you picked the right companions for them.

If you have a companion, NPC or otherwise, you are not soloing.