test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Woot - Just Upgraded Internet Connection!!!1

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Off Topic
After I accidently deleted NWO while cleaning out my computer, I decided to upgrade my internet connection speed.

I was getting between 500kb/s up to 1mb/s.

My new speed is 3mb/s up to 7mb/s!! Not the fastest, but I'm sure I'll notice a download speed increase. Just gotta wait until 8am for the ISP to activate the upgrade.

p.s. - I'm also a YouTube addict, so I'll be lovin' the video quality increase!!

:cool:
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Options
    erluciuserlucius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 213 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    ._.'''''''
  • Options
    doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Congrats :)

I remember when I first went from a 1mb/sec line to my 20mb/sec line. I have to admit for the first 24 hours I was just downloading random stuff to test the speed xD

Now I'm waiting for my area to finally upgrade, so I can get my 100mb/sec line :)
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    doowie1982 wrote: »
    Congrats :)

I remember when I first went from a 1mb/sec line to my 20mb/sec line. I have to admit for the first 24 hours I was just downloading random stuff to test the speed xD

Now I'm waiting for my area to finally upgrade, so I can get my 100mb/sec line :)

100mb/s?!?! OMG, never heard of bandwith like that before. I thought 50mb/s was the best anyone could get. lol!
  • Options
    suboniksubonik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    uglyduck1 wrote: »
    100mb/s?!?! OMG, never heard of bandwith like that before. I thought 50mb/s was the best anyone could get. lol!

Just wait until Google Fiber is nationwide. Assuming you're in the U.S.
  • Options
    cynicalazamacynicalazama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited April 2013
    uglyduck1 wrote: »

I think there is even 200MB available in parts of the UK (trial)
  • Options
    immortalsguildimmortalsguild Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    subonik wrote: »

I just moved and I was on a 120MB line now I'm back to 8 ...sad I tell ya!!
    The Immortals, United we stand, we don't fall! Application to join The Immortals
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    And here I am paying nearly 80 dollars for 10mb and getting around 9. wow.
  • Options
    pstone1386pstone1386 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I kinda feel bad, moved to japan in 2003 and have had 100mb fiber to my apt ever since. :p
  • Options
    vicclostvicclost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    CzIn710.png

Mad?
  • Options
    fenicusfenicus Member Posts: 48
    edited April 2013
    Well, I'm jealous, but I'm also cheap, so I'll stick with my pokey internet speed...Looks pretty awesome though, congrats.
  • Options
    galahad01galahad01 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" May The Wind be Always At Your Back "
  • Options
    balthezar2balthezar2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ROFL..galahad01. 2 years ago I wasn't far from that, but now I have the comcst average 50mb/s service. Gonna rock Tuesday :)
  • Options
    trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    vicclost wrote: »
    CzIn710.png

Mad?

Nope.

2674021171.png

From Chicago to Berkeley:

2674069355.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    undeadcrabbundeadcrabb Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    2674476534.png
    This be my internet connection speed. It is considered above average by Latvian standards, the highest internet speed you can get here is 200Mb/s.
    I remember how I had to sell 50-100Mb/s internet connection. Ah, the good old days. :D
    Folow me on Deviant art! ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ..and the picture seems to be broken. Let's try again.
    2674508760.png

From Latvia to Las Vegas
    2674515992.png
  • Options
    sollegasollega Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    subonik wrote: »

I'll be dead lol. I can't even get FiOS where I live. There's one cable option, which is 7Mbps. Supposedly I can upgrade this to 20Mbps, if I want to pay $110 per month for cable TV too.

TBH 7Mbps is plenty for me. I can game while someone is watching Netflix. If I have to wait overnight for a 3GB game client download once in a while, so be it...

Most MMO games use 56kbps for their traffic while running (at least the ones that don't melt down with 1000 users connected). The important parameters with a gaming connection are the ping time and packet loss. 7Mbps is overkill for anything but downloadin' and honestly? This game client is the first thing I've downloaded in months.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    sollega wrote: »
    Supposedly I can upgrade this to 20Mbps, if I want to pay $110 per month for cable TV too.

$110 for cable TV??? 0_0