test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance on friday night !!! Seriously wow

ronsonjonronsonjon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Are you guys really serious ? what's with all of the sudden decide to do maintenance on a FRIDAY NIGHT.

That is ridiculous. :mad::mad::mad:
Post edited by ronsonjon on

Comments

• valorofonevalorofone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah. Im about to smash into 60 and you hit me with the 30 minute shard attack.

ON FRIDAY
    Sympathy - That trickster that always kills you in PVP
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How dare they fix things when its not convenient for you!!!!
  • chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Crying+Baby+Natural+High+for+Some+Moms.jpg
  • wolfpaqdwolfpaqd Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'd like to take this moment to once again thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for spending your hard earned cash to beta test for us free players.

Looking forward to joining in once the kinks have been worked out this Tues :)
  • elthuzarelthuzar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    chomag wrote: »
    Crying+Baby+Natural+High+for+Some+Moms.jpg

LOL I LOL'd IRL
  • hc40hc40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No worries wolfpad. We did it all for the f2p players.
  • mok33mok33 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wolfpaqd wrote: »
    I'd like to take this moment to once again thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for spending your hard earned cash to beta test for us free players.

Looking forward to joining in once the kinks have been worked out this Tues :)
    You. I like you.
  • ronsonjonronsonjon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How dare they ? well there are many who have invested well over 500.00 into the game so do we feel like some entitlement is due ? Yes... And for SOME that work during the week the weekends are all we get to play the game. This was not announced also which is kinda bad planing.

Always have to defend off the GM/ Teacher Pets
  • faiteaccompliifaiteaccomplii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    Yea that picture is me right now, not kidding.
  • ravenrabbitravenrabbit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Thus why it's Open Beta ;) Be prepared for downtime, at least it isn't prime time.
    edited April 2013
    I'd like to know exactly what is being fixed that couldn't have been done with a hotpatch.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is to clear the bugs before next phase of founders on 27th hit the servers. Expect a lot of updates in phased-launch days.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Downtimes are super short for an open beta or even a freshly launched MMO. Certain other games usually went down for hours every night, for weeks. So, this is pretty cool with me. :) (Means I get to make a coffee!)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
    edited April 2013
    Thus why it's Open Beta ;) Be prepared for downtime, at least it isn't prime time.

Friday night is prime time. Unless you live in backwards land where monday is the end of the week and you head is actually located inside you... Ooooo.. It's not your fault.
  • leowanazleowanaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Probably a good thing for me, I would have stayed up way later and been a crabby <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> when my kids wake me up at 6 AM. Game is a total blast and its hard to tear yourself away from it.
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    ronsonjon wrote: »
    Are you guys really serious ? what's with all of the sudden decide to do maintenance on a FRIDAY NIGHT.

That is ridiculous. :mad::mad::mad:

Expect Maintenance every night in an open beta. Its the nature of MMO's. besides 1 hour is a perfect opportunity for me to jump off and catch up on "The Americans" since I missed the episode Wednesday night. :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Good heavens, it never ceases to amaze me just what people will complain about. So the game goes down for half an hour or an hour here and there to give you a chance to go get a coffee, have a smoke, make a sandwich, snuggle with your partner, run out for more snacks, whatever. That is much better than them NOT fixing things.
  • swooper101swooper101 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Ding ding ding ding, we have a winner. Congratulations, you have won the toaster.

As raven said, it is still open beta. Not launch.
  • ronsonjonronsonjon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Communication is a really awesome way to treat your customers. Rather than just drop a shut down with 30 min notice and no plan how long. Guess all you want to... Not that hard to give an estimate.

Don't bash the ones who have more passion than you to be in the game.
  • muntaamuntaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    Thank god for the downtime, now i can finally goto the bathroom :)
  • aetherchargeaethercharge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 359 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    swooper101 wrote: »
    Ding ding ding ding, we have a winner. Congratulations, you have won the toaster.

As raven said, it is still open beta. Not launch.

Not that I'm complaining about down time in any way, but let's be honest. This is a launch. The term "open beta" is nothing but marketing here.
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I needed a meal and a tea anyway, I was burning out there. Some quick jumping jacks and food is a good break before I get back to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aetherchargeaethercharge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 359 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    bcvapor wrote: »
    I needed a meal and a tea anyway, I was burning out there. Some quick jumping jacks and food is a good break before I get back to it.

You just gave me the idea to do jumping jacks in a 3rd floor apartment after midnight. My downstairs neighbors now hate me.
  • klownzeroklownzero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's not that bad, gave me some time to get more coffee. 30 to 60 minute's is meh, dun noone own any other games at all to pass the time?
    When the shadow's embrace you, it is there you will find me.
  • wesgarwesgar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I know I actually 'quit' Start Wars TOR till it went F2P over a similar incident.... however, that 'down time' was for about 5 hours on a Friday night, AND it wasn't in 'Beta' - it was the 'no notice' and the fact that Bioware called it 'planned maintenance' (so that they could report 'no down time' to shareholders I suppose...) that got under my skin.

In this instance, I have no such Qualms - this is 'beta' AND, it's honestly the smoothest launch that I have ever seen... (and I've been doing these since Beta testing Ultima Online... so ... A lot.)

Last night, they did the same thing, but Servers were back up Promptly one hour after they turned them off - there was a small patch and I noticed that they had fixed our Founders 'skill kits', so that was a win.

I won't be surprised if there is a 'small patch' again to night, and perhaps another improvement to the game.

ya, Friday night Down time sucks... I had rested, showered, watched Penny-Arcade 'strip search' reality show, (all things that would have been nice to do during this hour break,) I was just settling in for a long night of gaming...

I logged in 3 minutes before the server went off line.

lolz.

The COOL thing is that I can come on the forums and shoot the $#!T with all y'all while it's down... There are some companies that take down their web presence when they patch... (I'm looking at you SONY....) :-P

Anyway,

Cut em some Beta Slack, and hope that when they 'go gold' they will announce down times like this in plenty of time for us to plan around them. (and let's hope they don't do em on Fridays.)

Peace Out, my gaming friends.
    Thanks,

zWolf / Wesgar

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Hey! It's already 12:21!

Also, I have the Marvel Heroes game beta weekend too!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    Thus why it's Open Beta Expect a lot of updates in phased-launch days.Expect Maintenance every night in an open beta Ding ding ding ding, we have a winner. How dare they fix things when its not convenient for you!!!!

There now all you brown nose pets are grouped together LOL
  • chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    bcvapor wrote: »
    Hey! It's already 12:21!

Also, I have the Marvel Heroes game beta weekend too!

Marvel Heroes...that diablo style game just extremely boring and only really meant for Marvel nerds.
  • kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i think it was just to kick out the diehards and make them fall asleep :p

Night!
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    But seriously thank you for trolling me and giving me a chance to troll back. Already killed 30 mins
This discussion has been closed.