test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guardian Pack Horse Mount !

2»

Comments

• cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Also Rank 3 T3 mounts were supposedly the same speed as the equivalent mounts on the Zen store.
    In BW3 that was 120% run speed, but the description now says 110%.
  • cerek2cerek2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 62
    edited April 2013
    So has this issue been fixed with the patch last night ?
  • mokomiimokomii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    cathgar457 wrote: »
    Also Rank 3 T3 mounts were supposedly the same speed as the equivalent mounts on the Zen store.
    In BW3 that was 120% run speed, but the description now says 110%.

all epic mounts are now 110% speed. it is the max.
  • baywen#0543 baywen Member Posts: 12 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2013
    Hello all,

The Heavy Giant Spider and the Medium Adventurer’s Horse are statistically the same. Both have a run speed of 110% and both have a 5/5 hits or 15% hit point dismount resistance.

The difference in quality reflects the rarity of the costumes; horses are found more commonly around Faerun than giant spiders. We are currently considering displaying the costume rarity on the mount tooltip to make this more clear, but we don’t have an ETA or a guarantee that this will be implemented.

~Muridae
  • emrendillemrendill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited April 2013
  • punk999punk999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    emrendill wrote: »
    What's the highest rank?

Rank 3 at the moment
  • cathgar457cathgar457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello all,

The Heavy Giant Spider and the Medium Adventurer’s Horse are statistically the same. Both have a run speed of 110% and both have a 5/5 hits or 15% hit point dismount resistance.

The difference in quality reflects the rarity of the costumes; horses are found more commonly around Faerun than giant spiders. We are currently considering displaying the costume rarity on the mount tooltip to make this more clear, but we don’t have an ETA or a guarantee that this will be implemented.

~Muridae

Considering they were both advertised as Unique Armored Mounts and nothing was mentioned about rarity of costumes, they should have the same rarity.
  • infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello all,

~Muridae

Do do you have plans on adding other types of creatures as mounts in the future?
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • awaveawave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited April 2013
    I think it's only a psychological effect if anything - the feeling that the armored horse mount being subpar even though you know very well that both mounts perform statistically the same. In conclusion: purple is a nicer color! :p
  • azrael4271azrael4271 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    While you are at it devs change the name. Medium Adventurers Horse sound lame. Give me Unique Armored Horse. OR Armored Warhorse
    edited April 2013
    Does the Armored horse look the same as the advertising pictures?
    Have not seen a screenshot of it yet.
  • dantosdantos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 52
    edited April 2013
    I get what you guys are going, but remember mount rarity color has determined speed for a very long time. People are going to be confused that its referring to skin rarity rather than speed.
  • riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Considering they were both advertised as Unique Armored Mounts and nothing was mentioned about rarity of costumes, they should have the same rarity.
    I would expect a $200 mount to inherently be more rare than a $60 mount.
    As long as they have the same stats - I dunno why the lower cost mount being more common would make a difference.
  • lackofcertaintylackofcertainty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So this argument eventually boils down to "They're the same, but I want mine to be purple, not blue!"

>_>
  • direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'll just adjust the hue on my monitor so that all of my gear is epic.
    and that may sound silly, but that's essentially what is being asked for by some people here. The color of a border on a tooltip. and some font.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Jesus Christ, really? NO...really??!?
    This what you choose to complain about?
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So this argument eventually boils down to "They're the same, but I want mine to be purple, not blue!"

>_>

Apparently yes.
  • misaj2131misaj2131 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    @wruntjunior Print Screen button is how you take a native shot. However this takes away the UI... Good for shots, bad for screen capturing if that's what you intend
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seriousness rank : F
    RP rank : A-
    Lovability : A*

Could go for a nice hug right now... Anyone?
  • izulieizulie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What about all the rare purple spider owners? How you think they feel? They paid 200 for a mount. We got an equal mount ( except in number of legs ) for 60. For as much as they paid their mounts could belch fire and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> lightning and I'd be ok with that.

Just breathe and relax...It will all be ok
    My obvious charms and god-like powers always dazzle the simple, ordinary folk.
  • moonbucketmoonbucket Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    izulie wrote: »
    What about all the rare purple spider owners? How you think they feel? They paid 200 for a mount. We got an equal mount ( except in number of legs ) for 60. For as much as they paid their mounts could belch fire and <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> lightning and I'd be ok with that.

Just breathe and relax...It will all be ok

What the hell!?! Your Spider Mount belches fire and craps lightning! My armored horse mount only burps Mentos and farts Lemon Pledge! No fair!!
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I noticed the same thing with my Horse compared to my Spider. The stats are exactly the same, so I started ignoring the rarity color. As with Awave, I think this one is just psychological to compare Guardians to Heros.

I bought the Guardian pack because I wanted to ride a horse far more than some insect . . . then realized in game that the horse is pregnant (has anyone noticed how bloody FAT the thing is? LOL). I still ride it though just to get her miles in, and hopefully if I run her through enough zones she'll lose some weight . . . maybe when she gets skinnier she'll turn to a Purple Rarity ;)
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited April 2013
    Related question - is there a native screenshot command for NWO? I did the screenshots manually, and I don't intend to do that every time.

The PrtScn button is the default screen button.
  • tarizdum1tarizdum1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Might be a dump question. But do you only get 1 Mount or is it one for each char. ?
  • wruntjuniorwruntjunior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    tarizdum1 wrote: »
    Might be a dump question. But do you only get 1 Mount or is it one for each char. ?

Per character. I have two characters currently rolled, and both have received the Guardian and Hero mounts.

I can't speak for mounts that aren't from the founder packs, though.
  • splattrsplattr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited April 2013

When it says unique it is referring to it being unique to the Guardian Founder's Pack, not the rarity of the mount. Sorry you inferred so much from their minimal description of Unique Armored Mounts. A Rolls Royce and a Lexus can both be advertised as a Luxury Vehicle, but I doubt you would argue they are the same quality or rarity. Face it, horses are common. Armor is common. Armored horses are less common. Huge freaking spiders I would consider uncommon. Huge freaking spiders that let you ride them....RARE. If I had to place a color value on the two, blue sounds just about right for an armored horse, and purple probably doesn't do justice for a huge freaking spider that let's you ride it.
  • wruntjuniorwruntjunior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    splattr wrote: »
    When it says unique it is referring to it being unique to the Guardian Founder's Pack, not the rarity of the mount. Sorry you inferred so much from their minimal description of Unique Armored Mounts. A Rolls Royce and a Lexus can both be advertised as a Luxury Vehicle, but I doubt you would argue they are the same quality or rarity. Face it, horses are common. Armor is common. Armored horses are less common. Huge freaking spiders I would consider uncommon. Huge freaking spiders that let you ride them....RARE. If I had to place a color value on the two, blue sounds just about right for an armored horse, and purple probably doesn't do justice for a huge freaking spider that let's you ride it.

ARMORED spider, at that.
  • cerek2cerek2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 62
    edited April 2013
    Hello all,

The Heavy Giant Spider and the Medium Adventurer
    edited April 2013
    Dev cleared it up. Let's just hope it performs like a T3 mount and graphically it mirrors the mount over in the corner next to the other mounts. That was the mount I was hoping to be purchasing.

Also, Dev, the Clydesdale horse mount in the Zen store is Epic / Purple / Heavily Armored. I thought horses are a common breed ? ;-)
  • astaziaastazia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2013
    awave wrote: »
    I think it's only a psychological effect if anything - the feeling that the armored horse mount being subpar even though you know very well that both mounts perform statistically the same. In conclusion: purple is a nicer color! :p

Yes. People shouldn't underestimate the importance of said psychological effects. Paying $60 for a digital horse in a game, it **** well better feel like it's an important item. Not some medium rarity "Adventurer's Horse." It's should be like "Battleforged Horse of Eternal Glory" in the most important looking item rarity color the game offers.