What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please for the love of all that is holy

Comments

• Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I find it pathetic that so many people can't even come up with an original unique name. Do their pathetic brains even process an once of creativity?

Most people I have talked to with these names are doing it to troll the player base.

Given responses such as these, they are very successful at trolling.
  • Options
    bpphantombpphantom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just block them and move on. You can't force other people to think.
    - bpphantom

Grace, Tiefling Devoted Cleric

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman."
  • Options
    infestedchris12infestedchris12 Member Posts: 37
    edited April 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    Most people I have talked to with these names are doing it to troll the player base.

Given responses such as these, they are very successful at trolling.

You can never "succeed" at trolling. Might as well join the Special Olympics, might have more success there.
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    This is just idiotic. Again. Hopefully Melandieri will come in and remove this thread too as it is a waste of time. If someone wants to name their character Drizzt, so what? If they like the character and want to pay homage to him, so what? How in the world does that affect your game play? Let them be and move on.

My main beta character was Jax Moonshadow. I apparently missed the fact that Moonshadow is a very popular name:confused:. I was just typing something in quick on the fly to get into the game and knew they were not permanent characters. I found it absolutely hysterical that there would be several people in the Protector's Enclave at any given time with the same last name. Will I use it again, nope, because me laughing my rear end off at yet another Moonshadow was not good for my immersion.

However, what someone else does with their name, it's up to them. No worries.

I just don't understand why people want to tell someone what to do all the time and then ostracize them over something silly. All that I can say is that if you are worried about what someone names themselves in a video game (other than profane names which is a different thing) then you are worried about very shallow things and might try actually worrying about real world issues rather than such an inane and unimportant thing that really affects you in no way at all other than giving you something stupid to whine about.
  • Options
    themangroththemangroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    They specifically marketed the $200 HoTN pack so you can be a Drizzt fan boy.

I'd say the main reason that the HotN pack did as well as it did because of the Drow unlock, panther companion, and Drow mount.
  • Options
    vortexasvortexas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 52
    edited April 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    This is just idiotic. Again. Hopefully Melandieri will come in and remove this thread too as it is a waste of time. If someone wants to name their character Drizzt, so what? If they like the character and want to pay homage to him, so what? How in the world does that affect your game play? Let them be and move on.

My main beta character was Jax Moonshadow. I apparently missed the fact that Moonshadow is a very popular name:confused:. I was just typing something in quick on the fly to get into the game and knew they were not permanent characters. I found it absolutely hysterical that there would be several people in the Protector's Enclave at any given time with the same last name. Will I use it again, nope, because me laughing my rear end off at yet another Moonshadow was not good for my immersion.

However, what someone else does with their name, it's up to them. No worries.

I just don't understand why people want to tell someone what to do all the time and then ostracize them over something silly. All that I can say is that if you are worried about what someone names themselves in a video game (other than profane names which is a different thing) then you are worried about very shallow things and might try actually worrying about real world issues rather than such an inane and unimportant thing that really affects you in no way at all other than giving you something stupid to whine about.

Clearly you all shared the same ancestor. Judging by the sheer number I'd say he was a Goblin.
  • Options
    infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Id 10 times rather see a "DreezzT" than a "ScOoPTHePoOp"
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    infi321 wrote: »

Honestly, "ScOoPTHePoOp" made me chuckle
  • Options
    iamviperswhipiamviperswhip Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14
    edited April 2013
    I think the people who complain about this forget what RP stands for. I have an Aribeth because I really, really liked her, but so what? Just make believe that Drizzt is the "John" name of the Dark Elven population.
  • Options
    confisedconfised Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    infi321 wrote: »

I am so going to make a character with this name!
    Really Confised
  • Options
    trevien29trevien29 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The last thread with this topic was locked do to the childish behavior on it from both sides. I foresee this one suffering the same fate.

Also, the also said there is nothing wrong the names and get over it... If it bothers you, ignore the players and do not RP with them...

If you really expected to not see those names created, I hope you enjoyed your reality check.
  • Options
    mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    Question! What if Cryptic puts Drizzt in a future expansion? Wont the universe collapse or something when 2 Drizzts meet.
  • Options
    vikinggamervikinggamer Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was just figuring that Drizzit must be a common name among the drow. Like Bob or John. :p

All die, so die well.
  • Options
    martianmanrapermartianmanraper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited April 2013
    Yeah it's really lame, but I expected tons of already-established mythos names as well as tieflings named Nightcrawler. I'm afraid it's too late now. They'd have to make hundreds, maybe thousands of people change their names, in which case losers and complainers would FLIP on the forums and cause an uproar, many probably threaten to leave the game. ::sighs::
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »
    It has already been stated by Cryptic that these names are acceptable. It is not plagiarism fyi

I don't care what Cyptic said.. Its classless, tacky and childish. And yes it is plagiarism. The internet is a medium just like a book, magazine or other published work.

/doublefacepalm

Honestly I don't care... this just easily identifies the type of people I like to avoid in my online play. Typically these type players also exhibit other personality traits that I find unpleasant and since I'm paying to play, I choose to spend my free time wisely.

Furthormore, rather shocked that cryptic said this was ok, if that really is true, because these types of things just water-down the RPG feel of the game. What's next? Chuck Norris ads and NPC's named Herpa Derpa?
  • Options
    chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I don't care what Cyptic said.. Its classless, tacky and childish. And yes it is plagiarism.

/doublefacepalm

I feel your pain. Having to be around human beings, many of which are flawed, is indeed quite the drag. Sadly there is nothing we can do.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I don't care what Cyptic said.. Its classless, tacky and childish. And yes it is plagiarism.

/doublefacepalm

pla
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I was just figuring that Drizzit must be a common name among the drow. Like Bob or John. :p

Its not. Haven't seen any other Drizzt, or Bruenor, or Wulfgar, or Regis, or Artemis in any of the hundreds of Forgotten Realms publications. Not any books, not any magazines, not in any modules, not ever mentioned in any of the scores of RPGA sanctioned events I've participated in.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    chomag wrote: »
    I feel your pain. Having to be around human beings, many of which are flawed, is indeed quite the drag. Sadly there is nothing we can do.

Oh but there is -- /ignore.

FTW!
  • Options
    chomagchomag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Its not. Haven't seen any other Drizzt, or Bruenor, or Wulfgar, or Regis, or Artemis in any of the hundreds of Forgotten Realms publications. Not any books, not any magazines, not in any modules, not ever mentioned in any of the scores of RPGA sanctioned events I've participated in.

Wait, there is a guy named Regis ?!

Also, Artemis ?! **** greeks copying Salvatore's iconic names.
  • Options
    foolishlobsterfoolishlobster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Everyone named Drizzt in the game did it JUST to annoy people who have the same thoughts and feelings about this.

Oh lordy can't wait until Drow becomes available to everyone in ~64 days.
  • Options
    trevien29trevien29 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Honestly I don't care...

That must be why you started a thread on the subject, which was closed in small part because your childish attitude right?
  • Options
    leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am a huge role player. I will be playing on the mindflayer server with the rest of the RPers. Even though it will be the unofficial RP server I have no doubts I'll see names from the novels and I have read them all, oh yes, every one!! I have no doubt I'll see *scratchmyballs* and a billion other names from 30 year old kiddies. How ever, I wont be insulting them. I wont even take the time to report offensive obscene names because I just don't care. I will role play with fabulous RPers and ignore the the rest.
    If ya like creative RPers look up Iriadraee Moonshadow after the 30th!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    leillanna wrote: »
    I am a huge role player.

I see. Have you tried working out in order to get rid of the excess weight ?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Wait, there is a guy named Regis ?!

Also, Artemis ?! **** greeks copying Salvatore's iconic names.

I've seen just about every Salvatore name and even some gods. I even saw Drizzt's dead father, Zaknafein. And a dude named Bruenor Battlehammer (yes last name as well) advertising his guild called "Mithril Hall". Just cheapens the game.
  • Options
    turkman84turkman84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013

There is someone called Artemis in the Forgotten Realms lore? Like the greek goddess?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I see. Have you tried working out in order to get rid of the excess weight ?

He'll do that right after your 12th birthday.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I've seen just about every Salvatore name and even some gods. I even saw Drizzt's dead father, Zaknafein. And a dude named Bruenor Battlehammer (yes last name as well) advertising his guild called "Mithril Hall". Just cheapens the game.

I grouped with Sephiroth last night. Seemed like a cool enough guy. Not sure what Cloud was so upset with him about.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    turkman84 wrote: »
    There is someone called Artemis in the Forgotten Realms lore? Like the greek goddess?

Artemis Entreri - Human Assassin, Drizzt's only equal. One of the baddest <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>'s to walk Faerun.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Artemis Entreri - Human Assassin, Drizzt's only equal. One of the baddest <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>'s to walk Faerun.

So if I name a character after the greek goddess of the hunt, I will be ripping off Salvatore.

Gotta love RP nerds.
This discussion has been closed.