test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Grats to lvl 60

Comments

• mottatonimottatoni Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    The only problem I have with this is that he paid to be level 60. There's no skill other than clicking buttons and spending money.

If he'd rushed through the content, or even repeated Foundry missions, I could give him some props. But really, anyone with the money to spend could've done this. There's no accomplishment here.

This..... ;)
  • x0y1x0y1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sunyam wrote: »
    But you hit the nail right on the head, people that rush to max level always turns around and "What is there to do now? HUH? If new stuff isn't added soon I'm quitting!!!!!!!!"

And worse is once people that's not playing yet hears someone hit max level in less than 24 hours.... that's gonna turn them off on Neverwinter. They'll think it's WAY to easy and stay far away from this game. Seen it happen when people hit max level in a handful of days or a week or two. So someone reaching it in less than 24 hours could really hurt the game.

I highly doub't it. Just one example, in one other Cryptic game Star Trek Online you can lvl very very fast, thanks to the "Mirror Universe Incursion" event if you run a few episodes and then only repeat the mirror event a few times with a decent team you can hit max lvl in less then 5h-6h and STO is atm the cash cow for Perfect World.......
    [h=1][/h]
  • doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    infi321 wrote: »
    rofl at teens stroking their forum peen by paying for overprized access.

Hows your parents basement...all moist and ..dark?

And above is an example of a console kiddy/new generation gamer.
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • jaredmergeljaredmergel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Man, I kinda feel bad for him..
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Everyone finds fun in their own way, in the larger scheme of things it means jack and ship.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • rechtvooruitrechtvooruit Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have read various arguments pro and against p2w, but seeing a guy buying his way to level 60 in 24 hours... It just can't get any more p2w than that can it? And I know some of you will say: hitting cap fast is not winning.... but in my opinion gameplay should lead to achievement instead of spending cash. I think games are a form of (mostly) healthy escapism. To get ahead by having or making alot of money (no I am not a poor kid) reminds me too much of real life and ruins the gaming atmosphere for me. I was looking forward to getting the guardian pack but I will pass for now :).
  • infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    doowie1982 wrote: »
    And above is an example of a console kiddy/new generation gamer.

elaborate.
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • scatheukscatheuk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    Well no kudos from me for doing it that way, I'll say grats to the first person who actually levels to lvl 60. Fact that he had to video it and release it reeks of tryhard imo.
  • xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Insane, but congrats to him anyway! ;)
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • gillman58gillman58 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I believe people who do this in MMO's have found a game within a game. They want to be the first to the mountain peak. Nothing wrong with that, its just a game some folks find fun. And being a game, that's the main idea of it.
  • salimussalimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Gone are the ways of the old. MMORPGs are not finding that monthly subs are enough to carry the games content enough which is why the games are F2P and then selling content. PW is known for this kind of play and it does ruin it over the long haul. The concept of "cheating" never ever brings fulfillment in the game. Those who remember the days of UO and EQ remember when EARNING something had prestige and feeling accomplished is what brought magnificance to the game. MMO's now are more built around making money and less about the experience. Its this baiting using a greed complex to drive these games today. It truely is dissapointing but, I guess thats the business...
    Galadris
    60 Control Wizard
    <EXILE>
    Dragon Server

kqil2.jpg
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i dont see big problem in good exp rate ,like sto have it to,btw dont forget that person power lvl but for us who will test and play every skrimis,dungeon lvl up speed will be a lot slower at least 1 week+.btw none like asian grinder games so why would they make one?
  • aullah12aullah12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    What all the grats? He did not do anything remarkable... he payed a lot of cash to get it. Tryed that without paying anything...
  • kittledorfkittledorf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Shameful display from the community, why do people even start to whine and ***** about something so basic as leveling? Like it's a hard thing in any other games? :O LOL. Anyway if hes the first lvl60 i really hope they give him something special, like a mount or something :).

To the guy hitting lvl60 within 24 hours, gratz :D some hardcore grinding there!
  • valtrayvaltray Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What kind of pay to win power are you talking about? the random rare loot that comes with founders pack? what powerful weapons?
    fill me in
  • aullah12aullah12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    kittledorf wrote: »
    Shameful display from the community, why do people even start to whine and ***** about something so basic as leveling? Like it's a hard thing in any other games? :O LOL. Anyway if hes the first lvl60 i really hope they give him something special, like a mount or something :).

To the guy hitting lvl60 within 24 hours, gratz :D some hardcore grinding there!

Did you even read the comments? There was no grind. He payed his way to the max level.
  • rechtvooruitrechtvooruit Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    salimus wrote: »
    Gone are the ways of the old. MMORPGs are not finding that monthly subs are enough to carry the games content enough which is why the games are F2P and then selling content. PW is known for this kind of play and it does ruin it over the long haul. The concept of "cheating" never ever brings fulfillment in the game. Those who remember the days of UO and EQ remember when EARNING something had prestige and feeling accomplished is what brought magnificance to the game. MMO's now are more built around making money and less about the experience. Its this baiting using a greed complex to drive these games today. It truely is dissapointing but, I guess thats the business...

Well said.
  • rhcpmikeyrhcpmikey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't quiet understand all the hatefull comments here. The guy probably just really wanted to be the very first in the game to reach max level and didn't mind spending some money to help him acomplish this. I'm sure that he will create a new character soon to experience the game at a much slower phase. Grats to him ;).
    Zironako - level 60 - control wizard
    Lucience - level 16 - trickster rogue
    Dragon server
  • quttidebachiquttidebachi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Now you can go PvP with yourself...amongst other things :p
    Qutti'Debachi - Cleric
    <Rarely Sober> - Beholder
  • mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Kinda surprised at all the hostility considering how good this community has been in general, hope they enjoyed hitting level 60 first and I hope they continue to support the game in the future.

Games these days need people willing to spend money, stop trying to poo-poo them or you may find games you enjoy no longer get made...
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • ulfric007ulfric007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    All I can do is laugh.
  • fattony32fattony32 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    well a little fast for 60 i am going to enjoy the game as much as i can.
  • doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    But remember he got to 60 via buying zen coins to burn through the professions. He never really did any questing, which he is now finally doing at level 60. So overall the main leveling through questing will take longer, but as many have said, this is his own decision to level that way.

I'm just glad there are no realm first/world first <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> going around otherwise this community would turn into the WoW community all over again.
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • bpphantombpphantom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Some people want to be first at things. Good for him/her. I don't really care, but dif'nt strokes 'n' stuff.
    - bpphantom

Grace, Tiefling Devoted Cleric

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman."
  • az3ll3az3ll3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited April 2013
    Grats on 60! Speed levelers always impress me, crazy stuff! I'm a slowpoke while leveling maybe that is why hehe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    this game levels are fast even when not rushed. easily hit 20 in a day without rushing through anything. Grats to you on being the first to hit 60! if I could've I would've so I don't understand anybody flaming it.

congrats!
  • x0y1x0y1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    doowie1982 wrote: »
    [...]
    I'm just glad there are no realm first/world first <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> going around otherwise this community would turn into the WoW community all over again.

Well there is a guild contenst going on. If you kill Chartillfax (world first) in elite mode (lvl 60 dungeon) you can win some prizes from PerfectWorld including a signed letter from the devs and some other stuff from logitech. This was posted on facebook at last for the french and german sites:

https://www.facebook.com/NeverwinterDE or https://www.facebook.com/NeverwinterFR
  • salimussalimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As an FYI, you can get these tokens as PW currency which can be used for any PW game. Its not impossible that he didnt have to spend a dime for these. I talked with him in game and said it took around 15.7250.000 to get to 60, founders gives you 2.000.000 of that and he quested until 34 and crafted to 60. I got 1000 PW creds from who knows where...
    Galadris
    60 Control Wizard
    <EXILE>
    Dragon Server

kqil2.jpg
  • askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    x0y1 wrote: »

In other news, kids are whining there is not enough content... (as mommy changes the bedpan next to their puter)
  • az3ll3az3ll3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited April 2013
    Some people simply love to rage and flame when it's different from their little routine. Same as those F-wording you when you get a lucky drop instead of saying grats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]