test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

1 More Day! Guardians, are you with me?!?!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Saturday baby, yeah!!!1

My Dwarf Great Weapon Fighter can't wait to be born & kill everything!
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• Options
    themangroththemangroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I've been watching live streams while at work :P

This rogue I'm watching makes me weep. There's been a few times where I've had to fight the urge to smash the keys that he should be pressing :mad:
  • Options
    mrchocoperumrchocoperu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Cant wait >,<!!
    Cleric here :P!
  • Options
    dantosdantos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 52
    edited April 2013
    Woot, almost time for some wizardly goodness!
  • Options
    mokomiimokomii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    HERE HERE,
    Sadly I'm moving starting on the 27, going to a going away party, sister comes home from college, I'm meeting with someone to buy a new car, and sunday I work 9-9. You can guess the little time (WHY DO YOU START AT NOON!) is getting multiple classes to lvl 10 and start working on professions!
  • Options
    dufrensedufrense Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yes! Saturday night will be a good one!
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
  • Options
    cynicalazamacynicalazama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited April 2013
    Hell yes!!
  • Options
    sebastard85sebastard85 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey everyone,

I registered my account yesterday - i've been out of the loop as far as NWN goes for a while, and evidently i've missed all of the beta weekends already.

My question - is the Guardian pack "worth" 60 dollars, as stupid a question as that might be? Obviously at this stage it's a 3 day early access to the OPEN beta, as well as a few items.

Well, i don't really care about the in-game items. I don't even care that much about early access. I don't care about the founder title, nor the mounts.

Is there any way to tell if the 600 000 "astral diamonds" will last for a bit? As this game is f2p i realize that having to put money into it is one of the things one will have to do, wanting to play it "seriously". What i guess i am wondering is if someone can tell me what i "get" for 600 000 "astral diamonds", or if the price (59,95) is aimed at people who primarily want that early access and those items.

Thank you in advance.

//Seb
  • Options
    hawqinghawqing Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    now i wanna buy Guardian pack to... but then again it only saves me for 3 days of waiting and iv already waited aboute a year for the game.
  • Options
    emrendillemrendill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited April 2013
  • Options
    hc40hc40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    2AM sunday morning for me.. Sleep is just wasted time anyway
  • Options
    boogle11boogle11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Boogle is ready...I still don't understand why the Guardian name doesn't show up above my Avatar. I purchased the guardian pack back before beta weekend 4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hc40hc40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You have to select it under permission groups in the user CP mate
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey everyone,

I registered my account yesterday - i've been out of the loop as far as NWN goes for a while, and evidently i've missed all of the beta weekends already.

My question - is the Guardian pack "worth" 60 dollars, as stupid a question as that might be? Obviously at this stage it's a 3 day early access to the OPEN beta, as well as a few items.

Well, i don't really care about the in-game items. I don't even care that much about early access. I don't care about the founder title, nor the mounts.

Is there any way to tell if the 600 000 "astral diamonds" will last for a bit? As this game is f2p i realize that having to put money into it is one of the things one will have to do, wanting to play it "seriously". What i guess i am wondering is if someone can tell me what i "get" for 600 000 "astral diamonds", or if the price (59,95) is aimed at people who primarily want that early access and those items.

Thank you in advance.

//Seb

I'm happy with my purchase of the Guardian pack. Haven't done much w. the astral diamonds, but we get an item that every 5 levels or so, you the item gives you some heal potions, and id scrolls among other things. The Dire Wolf is cool.
  • Options
    bardmedicine11bardmedicine11 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have about 27 hours left before I finish my time machine so I can start playing before all of you! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
  • Options
    warfurybladezwarfurybladez Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey everyone,

Thank you in advance.

//Seb

Yes.

And to OP.. Hells yes.
    Underworld Knights - Premier Oceanic Guild
  • Options
    boogle11boogle11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    much better, thank you hc40, can't believe I didnt see that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey everyone,

Thank you in advance.

//Seb

The astral diamonds is a currency which will be controlled by players. If you have played GW2 you would know what i mean. So if that is the only reason to buy guardian pack then no it is not worth it since you don't care for fluff or headstart.

The price of astral diamond depends upon players so i suggest wait and have an eye on market who knows you might get it lot cheaper for say 60 bucks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My sword is sharpened and my armour is oiled!

I await the time when we Guardians are able to take up arms and fight alongside our brothers, the Heroes of Neverwinter.
  • Options
    adamaantadamaant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    uglyduck1 wrote: »
    Saturday baby, yeah!!!1

My Dwarf Great Weapon Fighter can't wait to be born & kill everything!
    I'm so ready. I'm trying not to watch live streams because I don't want to many spoilers, but it's hard to resist.
  • Options
    jeimuzukaisjeimuzukais Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can't wait.
    I get back Sunday afternoon (Melbourne time) to smash faces with a shield. :D
  • Options
    raist31raist31 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Yes, I'm dying over here waiting to play. I am so happy that our guild got formed by our members with early access though. Now just to get in and game with the guild and start some drow intrigue lol. Surely I can make it one more day
  • Options
    dantosdantos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 52
    edited April 2013
    Hey everyone,

Thank you in advance.

//Seb

Here is my passing analys of the guardian pack I posted in another thread.
    Think of it this way. The companion is a purple quality companion for EACH character you make, others of the same quality go for ~$35 in the store (using what I remember the honeybadger being) give or take, and they are a 1 character item. So, value wise, you are getting a $35 x however many characters you make value there. The mount is a tier 3 mount 110% speed (store ones are listed at $40 for 120%) so lets call it another $30-35 value since both are account wide.

Astral diamonds are in in game currency, that can also be exchanged for cash shop currency at a fluctuating rate that maxes out at 500 diamonds for 1 in store currency (1 cent) so at 600000 diamonds assuming the top exchange rate would net you a $12 value there, in other crypic games it usually settles around 200:1 so it could be around a $30 value. Also the adventure helping pack is listed at ~$12 in the store, and the character slots are 2 for $5, so one extra would be $2.50

The mount and the account wide companion were the big sellers to me.

My advice, if you see yourself really getting into this game, its a GREAT value, but if you just want to check the game out for a few weeks/months and move on, it wouldnt be worth it.

As far as the diamonds go, taking the mount training and purchasing out of the equation for all your characters removes a large diamond sink from the game, that should make them last longer.

But if the Diamonds are the ONLY reason you would buy it, dont.
  • Options
    tekarutekaru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey everyone,

Thank you in advance.

//Seb

That's a tough question. If you don't care about the items, then, no? For me, I bought it because every character you make will get a 'free' mount and a 'free' companion. And you get 1 extra character slot. I don't even know what I'm going to spend my AD on. Maybe one of the rare companions.

Personally, I wish they had different tiers. Like it goes $20, $60, and then... $200? why not a $100 pack? or $80?

oh well, too late now.
  • Options
    sebastard85sebastard85 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dantos wrote: »
    Here is my passing analys of the guardian pack I posted in another thread.

As far as the diamonds go, taking the mount training and purchasing out of the equation for all your characters removes a large diamond sink from the game that should make them last longer.

But if the Diamonds are the ONLY reason you would buy it, dont.

Excellent response - that and the fact that i seem to be forced to pay in EUR instead of USD ( a vast difference in exchange rate) settles the question for me. I will be waiting for public access during the 30th :).

Cheers!
  • Options
    famousamos#6123 famousamos Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am with ya all the way!! I have been watching enemyex's livestream. It has helped Satiate my need to play haha.
  • Options
    magichacker11magichacker11 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Will be there ready to heal many of you fine folk :D
  • Options
    ambermajambermaj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I spent the last 2 days getting stuff done so my weekend was 100% free. Can't wait to join in the fun :)
    Cuz you sebestimated me!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Boogle is ready and standing by to be able to log in and tank some stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am really anxious to get in and play. Can't wait!
    Hey everyone,

Thank you in advance.

//Seb

The items are the main reason to buy a founders pack, besides obviously supporting the game. If all you're interested in are the diamonds, you're better off just buying diamonds separately.

But depending on what you'd plan to buy with the diamonds, the pack may be worth it.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    prysianprysian Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Looking forward to getting in and exploring the world with my mind human wizard, should a great time!