test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nightmare lockbox key?

eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I found a Nightmare Lockbox where can I buy an enchanted key? Is it rare for a level 14 character to find one? Seems like they'd be for higher levels.
I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
Post edited by eyebreaker7 on

Comments

• shaffin1shaffin1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4
    edited April 2013
    They drop as loot - all levels and you can buy them with AD at the AD vendor for 200/box. Downside is you need to buy zen to get the keys :(
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Should I auction it or would it be better to use?
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • saintxiisaintxii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 100
    edited April 2013
    no point to sell, the npc lady sells it for 200 AD
  • angryweirdoangryweirdo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 117 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    lockboxes have one use - to be trashed. they only take up space.
  • phaeriusphaerius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited April 2013
    God I hate lockboxes like that.
  • interusdrakorinterusdrakor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Algore was going to put social security surplus into a lockbox.
  • oooo1111oooo1111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited April 2013
    saintxii wrote: »
    no point to sell, the npc lady sells it for 200 AD

And this npc lady is where?
  • wruntjuniorwruntjunior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    IMO, Lockboxes have one use - making me AD (in amounts of about 170 each, after AH tax). I am much happier with them after thinking of them as free AD rather than something I have to open.
  • aetherchargeaethercharge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 359 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    oooo1111 wrote: »
    And this npc lady is where?

Actually, you don't even need an npc. Open up your inventory and click the currencies tab. Next to Astral diamonds push "spend" and select "store". Then, click the "Special Items" tab and you'll see a bunch of pets, mounts, and the lockboxes.
  • macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Sry for the stupid question, but what can lockbox give ??

Im worry about overpower gear coming from them :/
  • lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you're going to buy a lockbox, please check the AH first. Many players are offering them for less than 200AD. At least buying it there will get you a box and put AD in a player's pocket rather than an NPC's.

Thanks! :)
    L'sya Raiya
  • voidacusvoidacus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was under the impression that most things in this game "could" be obtained freely. Either converting currency to diamonds, etc.

Maybe I need a primer on how this all works, anyone point me to an article explaining it?

Thanks!
  • sormirsormir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yes, you can convert your Astral Diamonds into ZEN, via the Astral Diamond Exchange in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • walkerwalker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    voidacus wrote: »
    I was under the impression that most things in this game "could" be obtained freely. Either converting currency to diamonds, etc.

Maybe I need a primer on how this all works, anyone point me to an article explaining it?

Thanks!

there are 3 currencies

the standard copper/silver/gold: this is pointless pretty much and lets you buy potions, and kits that's about it, this is what you earn by playing the game normally, it is pretty much pointless later on

Astral Diamonds: this is the currency which is used to pretty much buy everything and is used in the AH.... want to earn it?

see heres the catch outside of a few things like say..... opening a lockbox that cost you real money to buy the key for.... or buying AD from other players using real money you can only get rough astral diamonds which you can refine into real astral diamonds.... up to 24,000 a day

what a wonderful mechanic oh and one other thing people who got founders get 2 mill astral and 600k depending on the pack so they jump started the economy there, just wait for the slew of F2P who then join and cant get more than 10,000 a day unless they work there *** off while founders sit with there cool 2 mill asking for 7 million for there new flaming mount (im not joking here I mean keep in mind the max you can have to start out with is 2.6 million and refine 24,000 per day and theres a dude asking for 7 million for his horse on the AH right now GEEEE I WONDER IF ANYONE WILL BUY IT?)

then there's Zen this is the stuff you buy for cash and is used from increasing your bank by 16 slots (you start with 16 slots and can only upgrade with real money) to buying a key to a random lock box to buying a new companion. This is your standard F2P MMO fare currency (ignoring the laughable low bank space everyone on vent burst out laughing when they found out... it was literally the only time iv ever seen a bank give less slots than a standard backpack in an MMO ever.... F2P or otherwise) and that's the currency system.

I think you will all agree that it is a wonderful system that in no way is simply there to crush any F2P idea of having any fun in the game what so ever.
  • wruntjuniorwruntjunior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited April 2013
    walker wrote: »
    there are 3 currencies

the standard copper/silver/gold: this is pointless pretty much and lets you buy potions, and kits that's about it, this is what you earn by playing the game normally, it is pretty much pointless later on

Astral Diamonds: this is the currency which is used to pretty much buy everything and is used in the AH.... want to earn it?

see heres the catch outside of a few things like say..... opening a lockbox that cost you real money to buy the key for.... or buying AD from other players using real money you can only get rough astral diamonds which you can refine into real astral diamonds.... up to 24,000 a day

what a wonderful mechanic oh and one other thing people who got founders get 2 mill astral and 600k depending on the pack so they jump started the economy there, just wait for the slew of F2P who then join and cant get more than 10,000 a day unless they work there *** off while founders sit with there cool 2 mill asking for 7 million for there new flaming mount (im not joking here I mean keep in mind the max you can have to start out with is 2.6 million and refine 24,000 per day and theres a dude asking for 7 million for his horse on the AH right now GEEEE I WONDER IF ANYONE WILL BUY IT?)

then there's Zen this is the stuff you buy for cash and is used from increasing your bank by 16 slots (you start with 16 slots and can only upgrade with real money) to buying a key to a random lock box to buying a new companion. This is your standard F2P MMO fare currency (ignoring the laughable low bank space everyone on vent burst out laughing when they found out... it was literally the only time iv ever seen a bank give less slots than a standard backpack in an MMO ever.... F2P or otherwise) and that's the currency system.

I think you will all agree that it is a wonderful system that in no way is simply there to crush any F2P idea of having any fun in the game what so ever.

You forgot Ardent and Celestial coins, also known as "It's okay, I'll wait a year to get my companion" currencies. >_>
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The main draw for the Lockbox is Tarmalune Trade Bars which purchase various things from the Tarmalune Trade Bar Store, Heavy Inferno Nightmare mount, the Phoera companion (phoenix companion), and other things. To get that flaming horse by the Mount store, you need to open up lockboxes or purchase it through the Auction House. Mousing over the Nightmare Lockbox shows what might be rewarded.
  • walkerwalker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    The main draw for the Lockbox is Tarmalune Trade Bars which purchase various things from the Tarmalune Trade Bar Store, Heavy Inferno Nightmare mount, the Phoera companion (phoenix companion), and other things. To get that flaming horse by the Mount store, you need to open up lockboxes or purchase it through the Auction House. Mousing over the Nightmare Lockbox shows what might be rewarded.

tbh the 2500 tarmalune bar mount is basically the same flaming mount except the fire is blue.... and by that fact (iv seen 2 people who already have it ingame thats like what?
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    walker wrote: »
    tbh the 2500 tarmalune bar mount is basically the same flaming mount except the fire is blue.... and by that fact (iv seen 2 people who already have it ingame thats like what?

Just shows they have too much money or will suffer buyer's remorse from spending too much money on a bunch of pixels. IMO the Twilight Nightmare looks better than the Heavy Inferno Nightmare. Coming from STO, I think people are pretty much screwed here when it comes to lockboxes. At least the big draw is a cool looking ship that you fight with and has unique abilities. The lockbox mount is the same as the spider mount except its just a flaming horse. There is no benefit to it compared to any other Rank 3 mount. The Phoera companion seems to be the draw since it gives a unique companion that fights with you.
  • moonraisamoonraisa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7
    edited April 2013
    Not sure how else you get Tarmalune Trade Bars or are the Nightmare lock boxes it? I believe you get 10 bars per box, so that's 250 boxes, with keys being $1.12 per (if you buy 10 at a time), thus $280 for enough bars to buy the mount.

I don't mind paying for micro transactions when they're reasonable, and I've given other companies a fair bit of money, but these prices are insane.
    edited April 2013
    bro this game wont last a year. either way... eso comes out in few months...

Same thing has been said about Star Trek Online when it launched and guess what it just past its 3 year anniversary. Just because a company releases an MMO from a well known game and has a huge budget doesn't mean it will be successful. Just look at how SWTOR did in its first year. ESO might do well or it might not. It is still too early to say how well it will do. Besides there is very little chance that ESO will come out this year.
  • xxgiimpxx#5654 xxgiimpxx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having the shiniest items in game 1st is definitely gonna cost you.... i'd say 6 months of game play and grinding the prices will drop by ALOT and you can buy them after 50-11 people already have gotten them... In other wards don't cry about how much the items cost you don't have to have them....
  • licourtrix1licourtrix1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    moonraisa wrote: »
    Not sure how else you get Tarmalune Trade Bars or are the Nightmare lock boxes it? I believe you get 10 bars per box, so that's 250 boxes, with keys being $1.12 per (if you buy 10 at a time), thus $280 for enough bars to buy the mount.

I don't mind paying for micro transactions when they're reasonable, and I've given other companies a fair bit of money, but these prices are insane.

On average, I've gotten 1, and 90.
    How much do clothes cost in the Matrix?
  • deacon777deacon777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ESO, hahahaha. I saw the first gameplay videos that were leaked and that game looks like absolute ****.

Word around the campfire is that the beta code is mostly finished code, so its not going to get much better.
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    IMO, Lockboxes have one use - making me AD (in amounts of about 170 each, after AH tax). I am much happier with them after thinking of them as free AD rather than something I have to open.
    They sold for 300+ on the AH during the headstart for some silly reason, proving that there are people with more money than sense playing this game. And no, I did not exploit this by buying a bunch from the vendor, I merely sold the ones that dropped for 250-350 (usually took less than 5 minutes for someone to click the buyout button on a lockbox for 350).
  • bendrikbendrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deacon777 wrote: »
    ESO, hahahaha. I saw the first gameplay videos that were leaked and that game looks like absolute ****.

Word around the campfire is that the beta code is mostly finished code, so its not going to get much better.

Word around the campfire is people will believe anything on the internet. That leak was meant to make the game look bad, the guy turned down the graphics or was playing on a total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> computer and he jumped around being a dumby not doing anything to make it look bad. Why anyone would take a leakers leak as law I don't know. Anyone willing to leak beta is obviously not the kind of person you want to trust. Get a clue folks, a game cannot be judged until it is out.
  • pattitto00pattitto00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    there is any answer about the magic key? only with real money o can i buy in the game?
  • alrycalryc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18
    edited May 2013

The issue with that gameplay video is the same issue that happened with SWTOR, fans expecting something that was never there. Bioware fans were hyping SWTOR as the new game that would set a new standard for mmos, when Bioware themselves stated it would be a standard mmo just with added story. Then people got upset when it was exactly like Bioware said and not what they expected.

ESO will be the same way.

Sure, since it's basically Skyrim Online, fans of Skyrim will flock to it. The game will be very pleasing to those die-hard Elder Scrolls fans, but for other people it will be just another mmo with Purdy Graphics.
  • syllphsyllph Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Meh say what you want, but that video was purposefully made to make ESO look bad. Here's some real footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DlJOPoXUiko
  • dlcarterdlcarter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thing is some of the top "main" people behind Skyrim now work at Turbine.
    I am not lost, I am exploring. All who wander are not lost.
    Not all who seem to be lost want to be found.
    :D
  • kwondo731kwondo731 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I managed to pick up a few lockboxes this morning while my inventory was full but now I can't seem to find them, anyone know where they go if you happen to loot one with a full inventory?